Sharni Vinson & AJ Buckley break up

Guest KatieroxNZ

Off HAAC :)

The Daily Telegraph

July 04, 2008

The bright lights of Tinseltown have been dulled for former Aussie soap star Sharni Vinson, who, despite leaving home for love, has reportedly split with her CSI: NY leading man.

Vinson and Irish-Canadian actor AJ Buckley's romance took Sydney by storm last summer, as the dashing actor jetted in to sweep the Summer Bay star off her feet.

Introduced in LA exactly a year ago today - at a friend's 4th of July party, the pair told Confidential at the time they had fallen "head over heels" for each other.

A few passionate dashes between the US and Australia later, Vinson's decision to quit her Seven gig and follow Buckley, 31, overseas in April came as no surprise.

But the teen favourite landed in Hollywood with a thud - arriving as the writers' strike shut down the showbiz town.

Buckley's in with CSI management helped Vinson score a small part in the season 4 cliffhanger, but since then the 24-year-old has been short on big breaks.

Now, sadly, she can add heartbreak to the hard slog of getting a job.

Confidential was unable to contact Vinson's LA agents for comment and she has severed her ties with her former Sydney representatives.

Her only paid work since leaving Sydney appears to have been in a made-for-LG series, Scarlet, to promote their range of plasma TVs. She appeared opposite Buckley in the real-to-reel TV commercial.

Pragmatic about her chances in LA, Vinson vowed to return if her career - let alone her romance - flamed out.

"I've always dreamed of being in films but if things don't work out after three months, I'm coming home," she said.

:( That's sad for Sharni but she's got enough talent to make it on her own. The article makes it sound like he was the only reason her career would go anywhere! Hopefully something will come up for her. All the best to her, thanks for the article.

• 6 months later...

She was in CSI: Miami aswell as a pregnant woman caught in the middle of an armed robbery I think it was. I remember reading they broke up ages ago :( Maybe theres a chance she would return to Home and Away now :D I can hope can't I...

I would love Sharni to return, but who is there in the bay for her ? ? ?

I would love Cassie to return so much!!

She was one of my fvaourites and besides we never got to see her HIV storyline fully played out.

Aww could you imagine if she came back with little Summer Rose :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

Off HAAC :)

The Daily Telegraph

July 04, 2008

The bright lights of Tinseltown have been dulled for former Aussie soap star Sharni Vinson, who, despite leaving home for love, has reportedly split with her CSI: NY leading man.

Vinson and Irish-Canadian actor AJ Buckley's romance took Sydney by storm last summer, as the dashing actor jetted in to sweep the Summer Bay star off her feet.

Introduced in LA exactly a year ago today - at a friend's 4th of July party, the pair told Confidential at the time they had fallen "head over heels" for each other.

A few passionate dashes between the US and Australia later, Vinson's decision to quit her Seven gig and follow Buckley, 31, overseas in April came as no surprise.

She did have a very small part in NCIS Broken Bird episode.

But the teen favourite landed in Hollywood with a thud - arriving as the writers' strike shut down the showbiz town.

Buckley's in with CSI management helped Vinson score a small part in the season 4 cliffhanger, but since then the 24-year-old has been short on big breaks.

Now, sadly, she can add heartbreak to the hard slog of getting a job.

Confidential was unable to contact Vinson's LA agents for comment and she has severed her ties with her former Sydney representatives.

Her only paid work since leaving Sydney appears to have been in a made-for-LG series, Scarlet, to promote their range of plasma TVs. She appeared opposite Buckley in the real-to-reel TV commercial.

Pragmatic about her chances in LA, Vinson vowed to return if her career - let alone her romance - flamed out.

"I've always dreamed of being in films but if things don't work out after three months, I'm coming home," she said.

Not sure what happen to my post.

Archived