Homecoming

Guest honeychild

okiess..so before the next chapter (arent i good, i said it would be up tonight! well..my time tonight!) i'll just answer your questions....

in this fic belle doesnt know about his grandfather, she just knows something going on with him..

and i'm a girl, just so you know and wont get confused anymore!!

ok, so onto what we really all want......

---------------------------

Aden sat bolt upright and wrenched his hand out of Belle's. He jumped off the bed and Belle thought he was about to start verbally ripping into her. But he didnt. He just stood, looking at her, with so many emotions fighting fo centre stage on his face that she couldnt quite place them all. There was anger, a real uncontrollable rage, pain, anguish and also fear. But fear of what? His eyes were wild and it terrified her. He held his wrist as though it burned from her touch. Belle subconciously held her breath, just waiting to see what he would do. Then, fast as lightning, he climbed out of the window and vanished into the night.

'Wait-!' she called after him, but he didnt return. He didnt return all night and eventually, yearning to feel his arms around her, holding her safe and warm, she drifted into a restless, dreamless sleep.

-

When she woke in the morning to her surprise there was a letter to her on her bedside table. She picked it up warily, knowing there was only one person it could be from. No one else's handwriting was that bad.

Belle, (it read)

I'm sorry about last night. Come to Roman's for breakfast and we'll talk. Promise.

Aden xx

ps you look beautiful when you sleep.

and that was it. She almost felt relieved that she hadnt been awake when he had returned. She sighed and got dressed and not long later she found herself at Roman's door. She knocked on it and Aden, dressed in the same clothes as the night before with dishevelled hair and tired eyes opened it to her.

'You came...' he sighed with relief. 'I didnt know if you would.' He let her in and they went through to the kitchen.

'Why wouldnt I? And, not going to school today?' she asked as they sat down at the table.

'I dunno,' he shrugged. 'After last night...i guess...i dunno....' he trailed off, rubbing his eyes. 'And no..im not.'

'Forget last night,' Belle said firmly. 'It doesnt matter.' She leaned over the table and kissed him as he had kissed her the night before, softly and tenderly. He smiled and sighed with relief.

'I dont deserve you.' he shook his head and leaned in to kiss her again.

'I know!' she teased him.

They sat and ate together, the mood definitely lighter as Aden mercilessly teased Belle and she took it all with a roll of the eyes. After they'd finished eating they sat in silence for a few minutes, neither quite knowing how to approach the subject of the night before.

Eventually Belle asked, 'Can i see it?'

He obediantly held his arm towards her, though somewhat reluctantly. She took it gently and turned it over. In daylight the scars that were dashed across his wrist looked even worse and she understood why he wanted to cover them at all times. She lightly traced the web of white scars - they felt cold to the touch.

'Was this from an accident?' she asked, looking up at him, willing for it to be so.

His eyes met hers, searching in them, trying to find the answer she wanted to hear. But in the end he couldnt. 'No' he whispered.

'when, then?' she asked gently, not wanting to push him. He looked away from her, drawing his arm back in towards himself as though if she couldnt see the scars she would just forget about them. All he wanted was for her to forget and for himself to forget too.

'Aden, you promised we would talk...i only want to help you.'

Aden took her hands in his suddenly and looked at her in earnest, 'I know.' he said. 'I know. Which is why it's so hard to tell you things like this because....'

He stopped, as though trying to collect the words he would use.

'10.' he said shortly. 'I was 10. I tried to kill myself when i was 10.'

Belle gasped in shock. The attempted suicide she had already guessed at but she couldnt quite comprehend the age it had happened at. 10?? What could've happened to make a 10 year old want to die so much he cut his own wrist? She couldnt get her head round it.

'Why?' she blurted out eventually, wanting to understand.

'That...' he replied with a sigh. 'I'm not ready to tell you that...yet....'

She nodded and put her hand to his face, cupping his cheek and collecting the few stray tears that fell from his eyes. 'Thank you,' she said. 'thank you for telling me this. whenever you need me i'm here. i'm always here.'

They let their foreheads rest against one anothers, their eyes closed and though neither said it they both knew they loved each other.

Their moment was abruptly interrupted when the letter box slammed as a white envelope fell to the floor in front of the door. Aden sighed and went to pick it up. Turning it over he realised it was addressed to him and was puzzled as no one ever sent him anything. He ripped it open and quickly scanned the typed letter.

'What is it?' Belle called from the kitchen, as he hadnt said anything for several minutes. He didnt reply.

'Aden?!' she wandered into the sitting room to find Aden standing in shock, his face drained of all colour, staring at the page. 'Aden, you're scaring me, whats going on?'

His hand shaking, he held out the page for her to read. In the middle of the page all it said was,

I KNOW YOUR SECRET.

--------------------

LOL!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the plot of this fic but it is really you're writing that makes it sooooo great!!!! Seriously, it is so well written, i get completely engrossed even when it's just a short chapter. I loved the whole thing with Aden's wristband and the way he tells Belle that's he's ready to talk or not! Please update soon because it is soooo good!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

so....i knew i shouldnt keep you hanging for too long, so i took a break from watching the olympics to write a wee bit more...here goes, enjoy!!!

-----------------

'I know your secret?' Belle breathed in confusion. 'What-?'

But Aden's expression had changed and now he looked scarily angry, more so than the night before. He ripped the page out of Belle's hand and stormed out of the house.

'Aden, wait! where're you going?!' Belle ran out after him, trying to keep up. She was surprised when he turned into the house next door and burst through the front door. 'Aden, you cant go in there! it's not your house!' she tried to stop him but he ignored her.

'Where is she?' he yelled.

'Who???' Belle asked desperately as she followed him into the house, an exact mirror of Roman's.

'LOUEY!!' Aden shouted, his voice raging through the place. 'Louey, where the hell are you!!'

'What???' Louey stuck her head around the door of the kitchen. 'Aden, i cant really talk right now, i'm already late for school...hey, why arent you-'

Aden stormed up to her and shoved the letter in her face, 'What the HELL is this?' he demanded.

As she read it a look of complete horror came across her face, 'Aden, i don't know what-'

'Who did you tell?' he cut over her sharply. She looked at him in shock, not quite comprehending the question he was asking her. 'Who did you tell Louey?' he demanded to know again.

'How dare you!' her voice hissed at him in an icy whisper. 'How DARE you even think that i would tell anyone!'

'No one. else. knew.' he accused through clenched teeth.

'How can you accuse me of telling someone though! Me of all people! I would tell someone that as much as you would tell someone-' she looked up sharply as though only noticing Belle for the first time. She cocked an eyebrow, 'Hmm, maybe it was her.'

Aden looked over his shoulder at Belle. He was ashamed to admit it, but he had forgotten all about her. 'She doesnt know.' he said in a quieter voice. 'And she doesnt need to know.'

'Well you're the one shouting about it Aden, so screw your head on a little more and get real. You know i wouldnt do that to you, now get out of my way i've got to go to school.' she started to push past him and bumped into Justin as he came down the stairs.

'What's all the shouting about?' he asked.

Louey glared at him. 'Ask him.' she spat, stabbing a finger in Aden's direction and left the house, slamming the front door shut with a bang.

'What did you do?' Justin sighed.

'I didnt do anything!' Aden protested, pushing the letter at Justin.

Justin scanned it quickly and raised an eyebrow at Aden, 'Tell me you didnt accuse Louey of having something to do with this.'

'Well...'

Justin ran a hand through his hair, sighing in despair, 'Seriously Aden? Seriously? Think about it for five minutes, just 5, its not hard. even you can hold a thought that long.'

Belle let a small giggle out and immediately felt guilty. This was obviously a very serious time where giggling was not allowed, as both brothers just looked at her.

'And you must be Belle.' Justin fixed her with a dashing smile and held out his hand for her to shake. 'I'm Justin, Aden's older, smarter and much better looking brother.'

Aden snorted in disagreement.

'No doubt, Aden's been telling you all manner of wonderful stories about me.' he laughed but stopped when he saw the look on Aden's face. 'Or...maybe not....anyways.'

'Uhh..how dyou know who i am?' Belle stuttered, feeling slightly overwhelmed by the sudden arrival of Aden's brother.

'Darling, Aden never shuts up about you. I know a lot about you. hmm..its actually slightly creepy how much i know about you. Anyway!' he turned back to Aden. 'Fuss, can i talk to you in the kitchen for a minute?'

'Fuss?' Belle asked and Aden glared at his brother for letting his childhood nickname slip...just another thing he would have to explain to Belle.

He sighed, 'C'mon.' he muttered and pulled Justin into the kitchen.

Belle observed them exchange words from a distance. If you saw them each separately you would never guess they were brothers, but watching them together and you would know. They were so similar in their mannerisms but yet so different, as Justin was very open and easy going and Aden was caged and guarded, completely cutting off everything else. She started to feel very awkward watching them, especially Justin. There was something about the way he looked at Aden...so much love and sorrow...and regret? was that it? She looked away, choosing instead to study her fingernails. She was contemplating sneaking quietly out the front door when she heard Aden's voice, so tired and resigned.

It was almost pleading. 'I want it to stop. I just want it to stop.'

She looked up and the sight almost broke her heart. Aden, too tired to cry even, had his head resting on Justin's shoulder while Justin just about held him up. She felt tears well up in her eyes and she blinked them away.

Justin suddenly looked up and straight into her eyes and she felt like she was intruding on them. She made a movement to go, but Justin shook his head and motioned for her to stay. So she stayed and after a completely exhausted Aden had been led home Justin returned and came to talk to her.

He took her hands in his, looked her straight in the eyes with all the seriousness in the world and asked her, 'How much do you love him?'

---------------------

okays, so i hope yous enjoyed that...im not sure if i liked it all that much, not enough evilness going on there...hopefully there will be more soon though!!!

Archived