Two In A Million

Guest PINK

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NOT MUCH HAPPENING IN THIS CHAPTER-

“Are you guys sure that you have everything?” Tony asked as Jack through the last suitcase into the back and forced the lid down.

“I hope so cause if we don’t it doesn’t matter, nothing else is fitting in that car” Jack told him,

“Was it really necessary to bring four suitcases, and overnight bag and three make up bags?” he asked her,

“Absolutely” Martha smiled back at him causing him to roll his eyes.

“Come on we better get going” Martha told him,

“Yeah” Jack said as they made there way towards the car.

“Seeya” Jack shook Tony’s hand whilst Martha waved him a friendly goodbye.

“Seeya” he called out as they climbed into the car.

He watched on as the car started to drive off,

Hearing Jack as he tooted the horn he watched on as they drove out of sight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Martha turned her head as they whizzed past the ‘You are now leaving Summer Bay; sign.

Turning back around she looked down at her hands she dropped into deep thought, what was she doing? She asked herself, she was driving to the city and going to be living there for 2 months with her ex!

Taking a deep breath she turned to look out the window.

She was going to make the most of the next two months, it would be good for both of them to get away from everything and she was going help him get through whatever it took.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pulling up outside an apartment block Jack stopped the car and the pair hopped out.

Stretching their legs from the two hour drive they moved towards the reception to get everything ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack unlocked the door, pushing it open he pulled two suitcases and a pink overnight bag placed neatly over his forearm which Martha had to force him to carry for her.

“That’s the last of it” Jack announced as he plonked the overnight bag on the couch.

“Finally” Martha laughed as she made her way to sit on the couch.

Sitting down next to her he began to laugh,

“What’s so funny?” she questioned him,

“How did you talk me into this?” he asked her curiously,

“How do I talk you into anything?” she asked him,

Jack thought for a minute before laughing,

“I have no idea” he talked her “So what room do you want?” he asked her,

Martha frowned, standing up she made her way to the two bedrooms which were directly opposite each other,

Walking into one of them she smiled,

“This one” she told him “The cupboards much bigger”,

Jack looked at her before agreeing “That’s fine with me” he told her,

“I hope we can actually live together this time without killing each other, he laughed

“Well we won’t be trying to make a marriage work which will help” she told him,

“Yeah” Jack said quietly,

Sensing the awkward atmosphere Martha piped up,

“I’m going to go have a quick shower and go to bed” she told him, It was now 10.00 at night and they had stopped on the way down for dinner.

“Ok” he told her,

“Ok seeya” she said softly as she made her way to her suitcases to get her stuff she needed for her shower.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“I’m turning in now” she said as she poked her head around his door and noticed his sitting on his bed reading something,

“Ok, night” he said smiling,

“Night” she said back as she turned to walk away he called her back,

“Martha” he called,

“Yeah?” she asked turning around,

“Thankyou, I think this is just what I needed” he thanked her,

“I always know best you should know that by know” she told him jokingly,

He smiled,

“Yeah well thanks, you’ve been amazing” he told her,

“I’m just glad I can help” she told him,

“You are” he assured her,

“Good” she said pleased “Well night” she said once again,

“Night” he answered as he watched as she closed the door leaving his room with just the light from the lamp sitting next to him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey” Jack said as he looked up from his paper, coffee in hand with just a pair of track pants on.

“Mmm good” she mumbled as she walked towards him with her eyes half closed.

Sitting down she looked up at him,

“So, what are your plans today?” she asked him as she rubbed her eyes.

“Not much” Jack told her as he placed down his paper to talk to her “Just relaxing”,

“Yeah me too” she told him then all of a sudden looking cheeky,

“But you know how I relax” she smiled at him,

Jack narrowed his eyes at her as he saw a plan forming in her head.

“Shopping” she said as she beamed,

“What, no” Jack told her,

“Aw why not?” Martha asked him as she pouted,

“Because I know what it’s like shopping with you” she said simply “I get home with a throbbing headache, sore arms from carrying ‘YOUR’ bags” she emphasised ‘your’

“Not to mention I can’t normally feel my feet” he sulked,

“Oh come on you woos” she said,

“I’m not a woos” he told her,

Martha raised her eyebrow at him causing him to defend himself,

Standing up he made his way to his bedroom,

“Fine but I am not carrying any of your bags for you” he told her sternly,

“Ok” Martha agreed smiling cheekily; she heard the door close before mumbling to herself,

“Wanna bet?”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“You are so mean” Jack complained as he rubbed his arms, dumping Martha’s bags beside him he sat down breathing a sigh of relief as his weight left his tired legs.

Martha smiled cheekily at him,

“What?” he asked her,

“I knew you would” she told him,

“Would what?” he asked her,

“Come shopping, carry my stuff”,

“Oh you did?” he asked her,

“Yep” she laughed causing him to laugh along with her al of a sudden he stopped and his face fell.

“What’s wrong?” she asked concerned,

“Nothing” he told her remaining strong,

“It’s ok to laugh you know” she told him “To be happy”,

“Yeah I guess” he said unconvinced.

“You are” she tried hard to make him feel better,

“I just feel so guilty” he told her “Being here with you, laughing…” he trailed off

“You shouldn’t, Sam told you in that letter to be happy, we’re not doing anything wrong we’re just two friends hanging out together, nothing more, nothing less” she assured him,

“Thankyou” he said the simple word that he seemed to be constantly saying to her,

She simply smiled at him,

“Come on let’s order” she changed the subject as she picked up the lunch menu off the table,

Taking one last glance at each other they smiled before deciding what they would have for lunch before continuing there shopping adventure.

NEXT CHAPTER-

How are Jack and Martha copipng living together again?

Four suitcases and three make-up bags! :rolleyes: She's going to have to buy another suitcase to put all the things she bought there. :P

Jack is such a gentleman. Carrying her bags for her... How sweet! :wub:

Martha makes him laugh, that's good. :)

More please.

JUST A REALLY SHORT CHAPPY CAUSE i HAVEN'T POSTED IN A WHILE. Not much happening. The next chapter will have more.

It was a 1 month and 2 weeks since Jack and Martha had arrived in the city.

They had two weeks left. Both of them had started to really fit into City life but deep down they both knew they missed their little Sea side town.

Jack had been really strong, there had been a couple of tears along the way but Martha quickly picked him up and took his mind off things.

They were really happy that they could just hang out like old time and just have genuine fun together.

“Hey” Jack called out as he strolled through the doors with a carton of milk. Frowning he failed to see Martha anywhere in the kitchen nor the lounge.

“Martha?” he called, noticing music coming from her bedroom he smiled, placing the milk on the bench he strolled towards her door.

As he approached the room the music became louder,

“Martha” he called out but when she failed to respond he figured the music was too loud so he invited himself in.

“Martha hey I…” he stopped in his tracks as he saw he standing before him, towel in hand completely exposed.

“Oh my God” Jack muttered to himself.

“Jack” Martha screeched as she pulled he towel over he naked form,

“I am so sorry” Jack told her as he looked away,

“its fine I think you should just go” she told him as a blush crept upon her face from pure embarrassment.

“Yeah” Jack muttered as he moved towards the door, bumping into the cupboard on his way.

Leaning down he picked up the lamp which was quite a chore with his chin stuck up in the air preventing him from seeing anything he shouldn’t see.

Martha couldn’t help but let a small chuckle escape her lips as she watched his obvious embarrassment.

Finally he made his way out of the door. When she finally heard the click she lifted he hand to her head, sniggering softly she let out a long sigh before turning to begin getting ready for the day.

Martha made her way from the bedroom.

Quietly she moved over and sat down opposite Jack whom slowly lowered his paper.

“Hey” Martha said awkwardly,

“Hey”

Jack said highly embarrassed.

“I’m so sorr…” Martha cut him off,

“Its fine” she told him “It’s nothing you haven’t seen before” she said seriously before her mouth broke into a cheeky smile,

“Yeah well anyway” Jack said trying to change the mood,

“So…” Martha copied him,

“What’s up for today?” he asked her.

“Um” Martha thought “No plans” she told him,

“Oh ok” Jack said “How about the beach?” he asked her,

“Hmm” Martha thought “We live in Summer Bay and we go on holidays to go to the beach” she said,

“Yep” he agreed “That’s pretty much it” he said seriously before letting a small smile appear on his lips.

“Sounds like fun” Martha smiled at him,

“Good” Jack said smiling back at her, getting lost in the moment the pair just plainly stared at each other before Martha sensed the moment had become quite

awkward so she decided to pipe up.

“So I better go get my togs on” she told him,

”Yeah” Jack agreed with her glad that she had broken the awkward atmosphere.

Once he heard her shut her door he let his head fall to his hands. Things were actually starting to look up for them. They were having innocent fun, no strings attached but suddenly he was feeling things again, feelings he thought he had buried, feelings that were never going to go away.

NEXT CHAPTER-

Jack struggles to keep his feelings at bay.

Is Martha feeling the same way.

The pair begin to drift apart due to their confused feeling.

Hehe, naughty Jacky :P But like Martha said, nothing Jack hasnt seen before :P

Great chapter. I dont want them to drift apart :(

Jack has to cook her a nice dinner, or someone else is going to sweep her off her feet, like maybe Roman :P A lot can happen in 2months, maybe him and Suzy broke up :P

More please

Thanks^

SNEAK PEEK

“Will you be home for dinner?” he asked her,

“Um I dunno, why?” she asked curiously,

“Oh I was just thinking we could get some Chinese, rent some movies” he offered,

Martha’s face turned into a smile,

“Yeah” she nodded “I’ll be here

Archived