Two In A Million

Guest PINK

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

CHAPTER- 4

1 WEEK AND 4 DAYS AGO

Her head throbbed as she opened her eyes only to have to snap them close again as the morning rays cut through her head like a knife.

After a few moments she decided she better open her eyes.

Slowly she opened them, allowing them to get used to the light before making herself into the seated position in the bed which she had spent the night in last night.

She looked around disgusted that she had let her self sink to this depth but did it really matter? Did anything really matter anymore?

“Where’s your husband?” Sam heard a voice coming from beside her, snapping her head around she saw Johnny sitting in a chair grinning at her,

“Oh God, what do you what from me?” Sam cried,

“I don’t want anything from you sweetheart” Johnny smirked “Nothing more than to see you fall to pieces but that doesn’t seem to be taking very long does it?” Johnny grinned.

“Tut, tut, tut” Johnny noised “What ever would constable Holden say about this” he asked her taking in her naked form with just a thin dirty looking sheet wrapped around it,

Sam looked at him with anger filled eyes,

“This is all your fault” she screamed lunging at him, the next thing she knew she was on the cold dirty floor.

“You idiot” Sam screamed out loud to herself,

Bringing her hand to her head she held back the tears.

Reaching across the floor she grabbed her bag.

Bringing it towards her she picked it up, opening it up she reached inside, reaching in she brought out its contents, closing her eyes she closed her palm around it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey” Roman said as he walked up to the counter at Noahs,

“Hey you” Martha smiled at him,

“When’s your break?” he questioned her,

“Um” Martha said looking at her watch,

“Now” she smiled turning to her grandfather,

“You right here?” Martha asked Alf hopefully,

“Yeah love enjoy yourself, it’s pretty quiet here anyway,

“Thanks” Martha said as she moved out from behind the counter,

“Let’s go” Martha smiled as she took Romans hand and they made there way towards the beach.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“So how about tonight?” Roman asked Martha,

“You mean a second date, things are getting serious” Martha joked,

“I intend on getting very serious” Roman said cheekily,

“Oh I don’t think you’ll get any complaints from here” Martha teased back as she reached up and planted a kiss on his lips,

Martha started to get into the kiss before she felt Roman abruptly pull away,

“What?” Martha asked him concerned,

She turned around to find a little ways up the beach a blonde woman standing by the waters edge letting the water lap up around her feet.

“Oh um nothing” Roman lied “It just looks like someone I used to know” he continued,

Martha looked at him suspiciously but deciding not to push him,

“Ok um well I better get back” Martha said, leaning up she gave him one last peck before making her way up the beach.

Once he was sure Martha was out of sight he began making his way towards the blonde woman.

Walking up behind her he began to talk slightly startling her.

“What are you doing here Suzy?”

Whipping around she came face to face with her past.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack sat at his desk in the police station in a daze, it was the second night in a row Sam hadn’t come home and he just wished that she’d open up to him before things got too out of control.

“Jack” Jack snapped his head around as he heard his name called.

“Julie?” Jack asked “What are you doing here?”

“I found this” she said as she placed a small bottle onto Jacks bag which was placed in a small, clear plastic bag.

“What is it?” Jack asked as he looked at the small bottle.

“It’s what I think someone used to poison Johnny Cooper” she said bluntly.

Jack looked at her, Johnny had been poisoned?

“Julie I need you to tell me everything that happened the night of Johnny’s death” Jack told her seriously as herself and Jack took a short stroll along the beach as Julie had felt uncomfortable in the interview room at the hospital.

“Ok, um” Julie thought back,

“I was doing his obs and he opened his eyes” she shuddered at the memories.

“Go on” Jack encouraged her,

“I called Rachel in” she recalled and he was trying to tell us something, he seemed so desperate” she told him “Kind of what he was like when you came in but

with you he was worse, for the life of me I can’t figure out what he meant by, ‘Under the bed’” Julie continued to ponder the mysterious event.

“And then what happened?” Jack asked her,

“We called the police, about an hour later you turned up” Julie told him “And then you were there for the rest”,

“Yeah” Jack said remembering that night,

“There was no one there that shouldn’t have been, someone that could have had direct access to the drugs, someone who could have easily fit in?” Jack

prodded at her,

“No” Julie told him “The only people that were anywhere near Johnny’s room were you, me and Rachel” she said

“No-one else?” Jack asked her,

Julie thought for a minute,

“Well Sam was there” Jack looked at her confused,

“But she was there doing paperwork” She told him defiantly

“Yeah” Jack said thinking about what Julie had said but brushing it off without a second thought.

“Well I guess we’ll have to wait until we get the autopsy result back before we can be sure what you found has anything to do with Coopers death”

“Any way I best get back” Julie said,

“Yeah and thanks” Jack thanked her as she turned and walked away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

KNOCK, KNOCK

Martha hurried towards the door, opening it carefully she saw Roman standing on the other side.

“Hey” Martha said stepping aside to let him in.

“So” Martha said smiling as she finished her last spoonful of food “What’s your story?” Martha asked “Do tell”,

“There’s not much to tell” Roman tried to brush it off,

“Oh come on you must have some interesting stuff behind you” Martha continued to prod.

“No, just boring old me” Roman tried his hardest to make her stop prodding him.

“Ok” Martha agreed sensing that he was feeling uncomfortable about the question.

Martha slowly stood up and began to clear the dishes from the table, walking over to the sink she placed them inside it before feeling two muscular arms wrap

around her waist.

Smiling she turned around to be greeted with his smiling and caring face.

No words need be said; she leant in giving him a quick peck before slowly pulling away and looking into his eyes she leant in again, capturing his lips in a more passionate embrace.

He wrapped his arms tightly around her body and slowly started guiding her in the direction of the bedroom before Martha started to sense him feeling uncomfortable and in a matter of moments he had pulled away, letting out a load groan he muttered,

“Why does she always do this to me?”

Walking over to the couch he sat down, placing his head in his hands he thought hard about what his next move should be.

Martha was a bit taken aback at first but decided to question him about his outburst,

“Who, who does what to you?” Martha asked slightly confused as she made her way towards him and sitting down alongside of him.

Sighing heavily he turned his head to one side, looking into her eyes he said,

“Suzy” that simple word made Martha regret her question but to her surprise she was quite calm about the situation,

“Who’s Suzy?” Martha asked softly using her tone of voice to let him know she wasn’t mad at him,

“She’s my…” he trailed of before taking in a deep breath and continuing “She’s my ex”,

Martha looked confused which forced Roman to continue with his explanation,

“She was also the blonde on the beach yesterday” he continued,

“Oh” Martha sounded “And did you speak to her?” Martha asked him curiously,

“Yeah” Roman said softly,

“We have been going round and round in circles for years” Roman complained with and exasperated, he stood room his position on the couch and started pacing the floor.

“We broke up little over two years ago” he said “I should be over her” Roman told himself, Martha looked at him, thinking silently for a few moments she stood and touch his arms softly,

“I want to move on, I need to move on” he told her,

“What did she say?” Martha asked ignoring his latest comment,

“That she wants me back” Roman said numbly,

“Do you love her?” Martha asked him,

“Yes but…” Martha cut him off,

“Then you should be with her” Martha said insistently,

“No” Roman insisted “I want to be with you” he told her,

“No” Martha insisted “You don’t” she said softly

“I know what you’re going through, I know I went through it too” she stopped,

“If you don’t give this every ounce of effort you have, you’ll regret it for the rest of your life” she told him “I know I will” she then added softly to herself,

“But I really like you and” Martha stopped him,

“But, you feel things for her you know no-one could ever replace” Martha finished his sentence for him,

Roman smiled at her; she had summed it up perfectly, everything he had been feeling for the past two years she had just summed up in one simple sentence,

“Yeah” he finally spoke,

“Then go to her, before it’s too late” Martha insisted.

Roman thought for a minute,

“Ok” he agreed finally,

“Thankyou” he smiled down at her,

“You owe me one” Martha smiled back at him,

Roman leant down and gave her a hug,

“Thankyou” he whispered to her as they pulled apart,

“Just don’t make the same mistake I did” Martha warned him,

“I won’t” he said as he made his way to the door,

“Seeya” he said,

“Go get her” Martha smiled as she watched him leave the apartment.

Smiling sadly, she knew she had done the right thing by letting him go.

PLEASE REVIEW

NEXT CHAPTER-

Will Jack discover who he's really married to?

OMG!!! Could I hate Sam anymore? She's such a b*tch.

Poor Martha :(. Letting Roman go like that, it was so sad.

And I hope Jack finds out what his EVIL little wife is really up to, I can't wait until he does.

Update soon please.

JUST A QUICKY

1 WEEK AND 3 DAYS AGO

Sam walked through the doors to her home.

Stopping suddenly she felt a surge of guilt runs through her body as she watched her husbands back to her.

“Jack” she called out,

Jack spun around,

“Sam” he said not really knowing what to say to her.

She made her way towards him and said,

“I’m sorry I haven’t been a good wife” she apologized,

Jack looked at her saddened,

“You haven’t been a bad wife” Jack assured her as he tucked a stray piece of hair behind her ear.

“Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?” Sam asked him suggestingly,

Jack smiled, leaning down he captured her lips, moving his hands towards her cheeks he was blissfully unaware of how she had behave just hours earlier. If he ever did find out it would surely tear him to pieces.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later that day Sam sat on the sand,

She shook with fear as she tried her hardest to fight her urges.

She couldn’t, she wouldn’t give into temptation not again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jack walked through the doors to Noahs with a beaming smile, he was glad he had sorted all the stuff out with Sam and that they could finally move on from all the Johnny stuff.

His face fell as he noticed a less than happy Martha sitting in he corner of the room looking… lonely.

Quickly he made his way over to her.

Looking down at her he began to speak.

“Hey” he said,

Martha looked up to alert Jack with her red and puffy eyes that she had been crying,

“Hey what’s wrong?” he asked sitting down beside her.

“Nothing” she answered but Jack didn’t accept that as he continued to probe.

“Come on tell me” he urged.

“Did Roman hurt you?” he shot out.

Martha looked up at him.

“What, no” Martha told him,

“We did break up though” she informed him.

“Oh” Was all Jack could say,

“I’m guessing that’s my new record” Martha tried to make light of the whole situation,

“What happened?” he asked her,

“He” Martha started “He was still in love with his ex” she told him “I broke up with him, I told him not to make the same mistake I did” she said looking into his eyes causing a quiet yet awkward moment between the pair but the moment was quickly stopped by Sam towering above them.

“Jack” she said down to him as calmly as she could.

“Sam” Jack said looking up before moment’s later standing up,

“You wanna get out of here?” she asked him.

“Uh sure” Jack said uneasily.

“Cool” she said smiling at him “Seeya” she quickly shot out to Martha as the pair walked away.

Martha watched on as she watched the pair made there way from the bar.

“No one ever make the same mistake I did” she whispered to herself as she stood still wondering if life would ever seem simple again.

NEXT CHAPTER-

Unbeknown to anyone today which started out like any other day would be one that none of them would ever forget.

PLEASE REVIEW

Archived