BTTB's Next Top H&A Fan

Guest Summer Bay

My favourite character is Lucas Holden, played by Rhys Wakefield who joined the show in August 2005, Episode 4020. He was the son of Kate (deceased) and Tony Holden and the younger brother of Jack. Within a few days the Holdens had settled in, after the scandal over cop Jack shooting a teenage girl in self-defence.

Lucas’s first real storyline was his romance with girl-next-door Matilda Hunter, which began when she mistakenly believed a love note slipped to her was from him. Their relatively solid relationship was in stark contrast to the on-again off-again relationship of their respective best friends Ric Dalby and Cassie Turner. However, Ric and Cassie’s second break-up in March 2006 resulted in the failure of Lucas and Mattie’s relationship a month later, as Matilda supported Cassie, while Lucas supported Ric. This was further complicated by Tony moving in with his girlfriend, Matilda’s mother Beth and by Lucas forming a friendship with Belle Taylor, Ric’s rebound girlfriend who was responsible for the trust issues that had broken up Ric and Cassie.

During the next few months, a combination of events led to Matilda developing an eating disorder. While Lucas was not over her and tried to support her, she came back from a group-therapy retreat with a new boyfriend, Dean Silverman. Lucas was jealous and suspected the worst of him, including pyromania. This relationship ended when Dean came out as gay. However, by this point Lucas was ready to move on.

Following the third break-up of Ric and Cassie and the first of several break-ups of Belle and Drew two new couples formed towards the end of 2006: Lucas and Belle, and Ric and Matilda. With Cassie and Drew estranged from the teen gang at this time due to Cassie cheating on Ric with her ex Macca and Drew cheating on Belle with her mother Amanda, Ric, Lucas, Matilda and Belle formed a foursome much like that which had existed a year before. Belle and Lucas, however, broke up early in 2007 when Belle realised she was still in love with Drew.

Lucas’s next major storyline came in the wake of Beth’s death in a car accident. At the time, he had been at a writer’s workshop, and had an affair with fellow writer Naomi Preston, having lied about his age. When he returned to the bay, he soon learned that Naomi was to be his new teacher. While she resisted his advances, she failed to inform Summer Bay High principal Brad Armstrong of their prior connection, which threatened both their jobs once the truth came out. Even worse, she slept with Tony, damaging his and Lucas’s relationship. The entire scandal was exposed, forcing Brad out of his position, Naomi out of town and Tony out of his house.

Another threat to Tony and Luc’s relationship arrived soon after Naomi left: Geoff Campbell, a new arrival at Summer Bay High, a devout Christian, and a talented rugby player. When Tony had attempted to reconnect with his son by buying a damaged dinghy to fix up together, Luc responded by taking the boat out when it was recognizably unseaworthy and accidentally sinking it. Before a guilty Lucas could buy a new boat, Geoff told Tony the truth. Geoff also inadvertently sabotaged Lucas’s attempt to buy a new, slightly damaged boat at a discount by reinforcing the owner’s belief that Lucas had done it himself. Lucas did, eventually, make friends with Geoff, after Geoff was kicked out of his grandfather’s home.

Lucas’s next, and to date, last romance came in August 2007, with, ironically, Drew’s ex-girlfriend Lisa Duffy, who had exposed Belle and Drew’s affair. Lisa was now dating Denni Maitland who had involved Drew in the local drag racing circuit. Denni and Drew’s feud was partly initiated by Lisa, out of revenge for Drew dumping her, but she had become terrified of Denni and turned to Lucas. Lucas returned her feelings and they began a short-lived affair, which ended when Lisa was killed in a car crash while Denni was chasing Drew’s car. Denni’s car ran off the road and flipped over. Lucas was devastated, but his writing ability was able to help through this grief.

Lucas’s last months were centred on his writing, his HSC and getting into university. He left Summer Bay for university in February 2008, Episode 4574

One of the main reasons Lucas was my favourite character is that I relate to him as an aspiring writer and as the least outgoing one of my circle of friends. A second reason is his ability to make friends with minimal trouble: it is an HAA cliché to future best friends hating each other when they first meet: Ric and Henry, Cassie and Mattie, Belle and Mattie, Cassie and Belle, Ric and Drew. But Lucas would almost always make friends where others wouldn’t, especially Drew and Belle. The one exception was Geoff, who admittedly couldn’t have done more to alienate himself from Lucas if he tried.

Overall, the main reason I liked Lucas was that he made, in comparison to the rest of the teen cast, relatively few stupid or unethical decisions, and those few were always the result of some kind of stress. This may seem like a character out of place in a Soap Opera, but Lucas provided a much-needed and refreshing contrast to his friends. It came as a relief to me that his departure was open-ended and that his links to the bay have not been severed. I hope to see him again one day.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My favourite character is Belle. She is potrayed by the amazing Jessica Tovey.

Her background: She was 16 when she arrived in the bay. She had a mission when she arrived, the mission was to find her birth mother.

She clashed with Amanda on several occasions but came close to finding out the true identity of her mother which was revealed to the viewers to be Amanda. Kitty Amanda's mother told Amanda that the baby was a still born when in fact she was alive and well.

Belle of course didnt know this and she thought that finding her mother would bring her some peace.

Her storylines: Her first appearance was as as runaway in the bush and Ric brought her some food and general essentials. Eventually Ric won her trust and she moved in with Irene. She made enemies of Cassie and Mattie as she took Ric from Cassie.

She then went on a mission to find her biological mother and to her utmost shock it turned out to be Amanda. She did eventually trust Amanda but only to find out she was sleeping with Drew.

Drew previously had gone out with Belle and although she wouldnt admit it it seemed apparent that she harboured some sort of feeling for him.

She eventually won him back or Drew won her back. Their relationships had has it up and downs with the introduction of Belle's stalker Dom who is determined to win her back.

There we go!

My favourite character is Belle. She is potrayed by the amazing Jessica Tovey.

Her background: She was 16 when she arrived in the bay. She had a mission when she arrived, the mission was to find her birth mother.

She clashed with Amanda on several occasions but came close to finding out the true identity of her mother which was revealed to the viewers to be Amanda. Kitty Amanda's mother told Amanda that the baby was a still born when in fact she was alive and well.

Belle of course didnt know this and she thought that finding her mother would bring her some peace.

Her storylines: Her first appearance was as as runaway in the bush and Ric brought her some food and general essentials. Eventually Ric won her trust and she moved in with Irene. She made enemies of Cassie and Mattie as she took Ric from Cassie.

She then went on a mission to find her biological mother and to her utmost shock it turned out to be Amanda. She did eventually trust Amanda but only to find out she was sleeping with Drew.

Drew previously had gone out with Belle and although she wouldnt admit it it seemed apparent that she harboured some sort of feeling for him.

She eventually won him back or Drew won her back. Their relationships had has it up and downs with the introduction of Belle's stalker Dom who is determined to win her back.

There we go!

Wow are you behind lol. This compitition has rules to follow. As you did not get your answers back to me, You were eliminated last week. Thanks anyway

ELIMINATION

THE FOLLOWING CONTESTANTS ARE STILL IN THE RUNNING TOWARDS BECOMING BTTB'S NEXT TOP HOME AND AWAY FAN

Formerly Known As Josh

Pempie

Lissieke

ELIMINATED

Daisyap

Hege1986

The Third Challenge of the compitition will be posted tomorrow.

sorry to hear you have been knocked out of the running daisyup thought it might be us fighting it out at the end oh well maybe next time what was your storryline about mine was about Johnny and the end of Dan and Ric

Mine was an alternate ending to the Tara O'Neill storyline from August 2006, where she accused Kim of sexual assault. In my version she actually had been raped, which would realistically have drawn sympathy from both the viewers and from Rachel. I thought the real ending, where she was just after attention was an unsatisfying cop-out.

sorry to hear you have been knocked out of the running daisyup thought it might be us fighting it out at the end oh well maybe next time

Daisyap , You should have found away to email me because i would have definatley found a way around it. You have been a great contributer to the compitition.

Like pempie said, Not to worry. Cycle 2 Of BTTB's Next Top Home And Away Fan will start about a week or two after this cycle finishes. Anyone is welcome to audition, even people who have already played in this cycle. The only person who cant audition again is the winner of this cycle , But dont worry , They will have a special envolvement of their own :ph34r: .....lets not get ahead of ourselves, but we are hoping cycle 2 is bigger and better with more auditions....

Archived