Tim Campbell/Rhys Wakefield Spoiler

Guest simmins

h&a favourite Tim Campbell is leaving the long-running soap.

Campbell, who has played Dan Baker in the show for the past three years, is swapping the sand and sun of Summer Bay for the stage.

Campbell, who is soon to be seen as host of new Channel 7 game show National Bingo Night, has signed on for a season of the popular show Rent in Perth.

But his star turn may come when he takes on the role of wild one Johnny O'Keefe in a revival of hit show Shout.

Campbell will head an all-star cast that will include Colleen Hewett, Glenn Shorrock, Mark Holden and John Paul Young.

The show will open at the State Theatre at the Arts Centre on January 4.

Versatile sing/actor David Campbell was extraordinary as O'Keefe in the original production.

Tim Campbell is expected to depart the Home and Away set within days, though his character will be seen on-air until early next year.

Rhys Wakefield will leave the show later this year.

Meanwhile, Daniel Amalm has gone from stand-over man in the much-anticipated Channel 9 drama Underbelly to ring man in feature film Two Fists, One Heart.

Amalm left the Underbelly set in Melbourne after the death of his character and headed to Western Australia to work on the boxing film, which is, according to the IMDB website, being directed by John Polson and produced by Rabbit Proof Fence's David Elphick.

Amalm has had a varied career.

He was nominated for a best new talent Logie in 1994 for his role as Jack Wilson in Home and Away.

He also scored a recording deal with EMI, releasing a hit dance hit single in 1998.

Source?

I'm absolutely gutted if Tim really is going. The producers must be having kittens at the moment - they'll be losing two of the show's main 'grown ups' at the same time. I'd really hoped that Dan and Leah would take centre stage in Sally's absence. :( Not so bothered about Rhys though - Lucas was never a favourite of mine and it's been apparent for a long time that Rhys has his heart set on bigger things. Good luck to them both (but I still hope it isn't true about Tim!).

This cast leaving thing is becoming a bit of a farse, it really is, if one does it, they all do it, follow the leader :rolleyes:

They should develop a new show "Home and Away Cast Departures on 7." If many more leave, they'll be no cast left, it'll become like Sons and Daughters and be put out of it's misery, either that or they'll make the remaining cast redundant before the show reaches crazy levels. *Shakes head*.

I'm preparing to say goodbye to Mark Furze, i'm getting the feeling it won't be long before he either chucks himself off the payroll or is pushed :(

Campbell, who is soon to be seen as host of new Channel 7 game show National Bingo Night, has signed on for a season of the popular show Rent in Perth.

But his star turn may come when he takes on the role of wild one Johnny O'Keefe in a revival of hit show Shout.

I'd be sorry to see Tim and Rhys go too! They are becoming quite established characters. What about Leah? Will she leave too? Hmmm.... interesting.

I'm going to see Tim when he comes to Perth for Rent and can't wait. But seeing him in Shout would be awesome! *sigh* I saw it when David Campbell was Johnny O'Keefe and it was incredible. Tim would be awesome at it too.

I hope they kill Dan off then. I wouldn't want to see them have a marriage breakdown, they've already been there and done that :(

Nawww... This is sad.

Yes because no character has ever been killed off before. Personally I'd prefer a marriage breakdown... Maybe this has something to do with

Holly's return!

Archived