Was it a mistake to kill Bobby off in 1993?

Guest Ryan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

I think it was a shame to kill Bobby off(even though i was two when she died), but it obvsiosly had a lasting effect on viewers because even my mum who didn't watch h&a that much always tells me about Bobby and her death.

Haha Matt Stevenson who played Adam, now works in a bottle shop at the same pub as my dad works at.

• 1 month later...

I think Killing the character off was the right move. It just wouldn't have made sense for her to leave. She had only recently married, and settled down with Sam and Greg.

I think from a writing point of view, it was absolutely the right decision. It created some incredibly powerful episodes (that I still remember, even thouigh I was only 6 at the time), and it allowed Sam to stay on the show... and I really liked Sam as a character :)

But seriously... the big issue when people leave is always their motivation. If the character has no motivation to leave, well then death is the next best option.

• 3 weeks later...

:)

It's been my opinion after watching a large number of episodes around the time that I think that the show made the wrong decision in killing Bobby off. As we all know it should have been the utterly pointless Luke. Joking aside, I think that if even if Nicolle was wanting to leave the show at the point there was so much more to be gained through keeping her character alive, rather than killing her off.

Yes Bobby should have servived they shouldve done what they did with Pippa only less crappy of an exit anyone agree?

I think it was a shame to kill Bobby off(even though i was two when she died), but it obvsiosly had a lasting effect on viewers because even my mum who didn't watch h&a that much always tells me about Bobby and her death.

Haha Matt Stevenson who played Adam, now works in a bottle shop at the same pub as my dad works at.

Really i was one lolz :lol:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I think killing off Bobby made sense at the time(although it was a bit odd that Greg drove off into the sunset about a month later, leaving Sam behind)but in retrospect, after half a dozen reunion episodes, it's a shame they aren't able to bring her back occasionally.

Archived