Was it a mistake to kill Bobby off in 1993?

Guest Ryan

Bobby has been dead for over 16 years and I think Bobby's death has to have been one of saddest deaths.

I always wonder what the show would have been like if Bobby was still alive and I would have liked to have seen if Bobby would have made up with Morag.

Only four current characters would remember Bobby and they are Colleen, Morag, Alf and Irene.

What do you guys think about it being 16 years since Bobby's death?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bobby has been dead for over 16 years and I think Bobby's death has to have been one of saddest deaths.

I always wonder what the show would have been like if Bobby was still alive and I would have liked to have seen if Bobby would have made up with Morag.

Only four current characters would remember Bobby and they are Colleen, Morag, Alf and Irene.

What do you guys think about it being 16 years since Bobby's death?

How much have you seen of Bobby's death ? :blink:

Its just because I've never seen any of of the storyline because I was only 2 when it happened. All I saw was her actual death scene at the hospital, and a few scenes with Sam. From what I did see I think Sam and Bobby had a nice relationship.

Would be nice if somewhere aired H&A re-runs .

Oh, I'm feeling old.I think I was about 15 when Bobby's death was shown over here and I'd been watching the show for about a year at the time.I kind of liked Bobby although she could be a bit moody at times, I always remember her blaming Alf for Don having a heart attack simply because he said there was nothing wrong with him.I think she'd settled down a bit by that point, she was meant to be a bit of a wild child in the early days, although having seen the pilot and the next episode her character arc from moody tearaway with a chip on her shoulder to liked and loyal member of the Fletcher family was pretty much complete by then.Haven't seen any of her relationship with Frank and I'd kind of like to, some of the older fans seem quite fond of them.

I remember Bobby's death very well and I remember being very upset as she was my favourtie character. It was very sad. She was in a coma or braindead I think after the boat accident. I remember Alf saying he felt like she was saying goodbye to him. Poor Fisher - so many of his children died It's amazing he could still teach and carry on living.

• 2 months later...

Well, they managed to get rid of Sally without killing her off, despite twenty years of her saying Summer Bay was where she belonged.I think they probably could have found another way of writing out Bobby but whether it would have been better than what we got is another matter.

Yeah same thing with Fisher!

• 4 months later...

Archived