Was it a mistake to kill Bobby off in 1993?

Guest Ryan

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really think if Bobby were still in the show, she would be just as hugely popular now as she was then, if not more so and I think she'd be popular with just about every single viewer. She isnt like Sally, in that some viewers find her boring, or are disinterested in her, Bobby was unique and passionate, strong, feisty, argumentative and honest with a heart of solid marshmallow.

Nichole Dickson was a fantastic actor whether it be comedy, poignancy or pure emotion. Ah well its nice to think what could have been. Image the bond she'd have had with Sally too, and then there would be the whole Morag/Bobby and her relationship with Rebecca and Fisher....soooooo much more they could have done with the character, she was timeless and had links with so many characters, it would have been interesting to see how she was with Martha and Ric too.

"Bobby was unique and passionate, strong, feisty, argumentative and honest with a heart of solid marshmallow. " i agree with u alexx, she was amazing. there haven't been that many characters since her with her guts and her feisty personality xx

I think killing off Bobby made sense at the time(although it was a bit odd that Greg drove off into the sunset about a month later, leaving Sam behind)but in retrospect, after half a dozen reunion episodes, it's a shame they aren't able to bring her back occasionally.

I do wish, on some level, that Bobby had had shared the 'heaven tour guide' role with both Tom and Michael during Sally's near death experience - if there was any chance of her ever doing a guestie again, that would've been the oppurtunity. I understand why it was only Tom, and I loved the episode but it would've been nice to have a mini-death reunion, and I can only assume that seeing three faces from the past would've made Sally's choice all the more difficult......anyway, moving on!

Alexx, you are totally right, the storyline potential for Bobby is still huge and it's a great shame that she was cut down in her prime! I would've particularly loved to see a resolution between her and Morag, I think the last time they saw each other, things were still frosty?

No they should have never killed bobby off she should have either moved away with Greg and Sam or even better frank could have come back and confessed his love for her and she moves back to the USA with frank and tells Greg that he is a two timing mongrel and boring as well bobby was my second all time favorite and the night she died I balled my eyes out the only ever death on TV that caused me to do that was molly on a country practice like others have said Bobbie had so much more potential they could have kept her alive and bought her back from time to time

:D

• 1 month later...

I remember the huge hype when Bobby died, she was a pretty big star back then. Anyone know what she is up to now? I haven't seen her on the screen for a long time. Anyway, back to the original question. I think it was probably a good decision at the time - who knew the show would go on 20 years? That said, I would LOVE to see Bobby back on the show now, the storyline possibilities would be endless...

I remember the huge hype when Bobby died, she was a pretty big star back then. Anyone know what she is up to now? I haven't seen her on the screen for a long time. Anyway, back to the original question. I think it was probably a good decision at the time - who knew the show would go on 20 years? That said, I would LOVE to see Bobby back on the show now, the storyline possibilities would be endless...

Nicole Dickson works as an accounts clerk and bookkeeper.

Archived