Summer Heights High

Guest MiddyOil

Oh man, I DID cry when Jonah was being dragged out of Gumnut Cottage. Mainly because there are so many kids like that that I've been teaching for the past week - y'know, they act up but really, they're nice kids and don't mean anything by it. Mean teacher was horrible, and I hate the fact that there actually are teachers like that - if I ever get like that, I shall stab myself in the eye with a whiteboard marker. That's a promise, it's written here and I shall call a lawyer, so it can become an official document.

My supervising teacher and the rest of the performing arts staff were saying that they wanted a gay teacher like Mr G so their office would be super pretty (at the moment it looks like someone's let a rabid monkey loose in there!)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest [x]whacko[x]jen[x]

I think chris lilley plays all the characters really well but I think Jonah is the best. The accent he does is really pursuading (sp??) as to think it is another actor.

celine in the wheelchair was a bit sad. He has to squeeze her ass to make her go to the toilet. lmao. :lol:

I can't belive Mr G lied about Celine's death! That's so like him. :D But how cute was Celine in the end.

Jamie was her usual self. "I'd rather be a paedophile than a lesbian" so funny. I love her! Haha. I feel so bad for her year 7 boyfriend.

I didn't want Jonah to go Tonga. But his relationship with the gumnut cottage teacher was so sweet. I got a little teary as well.

I can't wait to get the DVD. It'll be awesome- loaded with extras.

Mean teacher was horrible, and I hate the fact that there actually are teachers like that

Yeah, but I think the strength in Chris L's writing was that you could empathise with that teacaher, you could see how tough teaching is and how she could come to the end of her tether. And yet at the same time you immediately feel so sorry for Jonah, it's like there's no good and bad, it's so true to life.

Anyway finale was brill, I'm really going to miss this show, can't wait to see what Chris L does next.

Jamie was her usual self. "I'd rather be a paedophile than a lesbian" so funny. I love her! Haha. I feel so bad for her year 7 boyfriend.

lol, I forgot about that! Excellent line :D. I was happy to see the return of the boyfriend as well, lol. So so good :D

It's so random that the series is over... no offence but it's true! I loved every episode. I have to admit a cried during the last episode - the Jonah stuff (I know I'm not the only one) - but good that he got the last laugh :lol:

Can't wait to get the DVD, but it may be a while since it will cost me double the price with shipping costs :angry:

I also solved my original question today - I was watching the Skithouse DVD, I hadn't watched it for a while... and there in 2 of the sketches was the boy who played Ben (the ranga :D).

On the subject of sketch shows, Chris used to be in the short-lived series "The Big Bite." Andrew O'Keefe, who's now hosting Deal or No Deal? aslo starred in it. There was a Mr G character in that, as well as a Summer Heights High sort of sketch in which Chris played the cool/dumb surfer kid :D

lol, there's going to be a "story" on Today/Tonight about how Summer Heights High "may be doing more harm than good." Of course! How DARE someone represent school kids as they actually are, rather than an idealised fantasy of how parents and teachers want them to be!!! And to rate it M and put it on the ABC at 9.30 on a school night! Of course young kids are going to want to watch it at that hour, and what responsible parent wouldn't let them!?

Idiots :rolleyes:

Archived