Ex-'Neighbours' star announces return

Guest simmins

Kym Valentine has confirmed that she is returning to Neighbours on a permanent basis.

The actress played Libby Kennedy on the Aussie soap for a decade before leaving to tour with the musical Dirty Dancing in 2004.

"I am hugely loyal to the show and I'm ready to go back and do what I love," she said. Valentine took a long break after almost two years touring with Dirty Dancing. "Physically and mentally I needed a rest," she said. "I discovered I had a hernia in my stomach when I was doing the Sydney season.

When I went to hospital (after the tour) they found I had three hernias. So now I have a 1 1/2 inch scar on my stomah. You won't see me in a bikini on Neighbours." Valentine's daughter, Millana, 4, revealed her mum was returning to Ramsay St. "She overheard me on the phone and told my in-laws. She also told people at her day care," Valentine said.

Yay, Libby! :D. I wonder if Darren is coming back too...

Aw, I'm sure she could be in a bikini if she wanted. She's a very pretty girl. I'm sure the makeup department could hide a scar - people have to hide tattoos for goodness sake! Or they could write it in, like "I got gored by a bull in Oaky. Don't you remember...?" Neighbours is good at stuff like that :P

While it will be great to see Libby again (i loved her), i'll be really disappointed if they've split Darren and Libby up again as it did just make the perfect end for her character. I don't want her to come back and be ruined in a bid to get more viewers.

Thanks for the info simmins

Wow! !thats great news :) , Libby is one of my fav past characters. I'm glad Kym is back for a long time too. Deff be watching Neighbours more when all the new stuff happens.

While it will be great to see Libby again (i loved her), i'll be really disappointed if they've split Darren and Libby up again as it did just make the perfect end for her character. I don't want her to come back and be ruined in a bid to get more viewers.

I agree. I'm actually quite disappointed that her return will be permanent, as I don't see how they can keep her and Darren together. Even if they were both to come back, there would be no scope for storylines and eventually they'd have to split them up, if only temporarily. Personally I felt she stayed a bit too long in the first place and was quite happy for her to leave, although it would be lovely to see her if it was only for a visit.

Doesn't Libby have a kid? Maybe she and Darren will both come back (could be a recast) and settle back into Ramsay Street to raise a family.

Yes, she and Drew had a boy, he's called Ben. Can't remember how old he is thou.

I'm so pleased I love Libby! I agree though, if they spoil her fairytale ending with Darren I will be much inimpressed, I don't see how they would all return together though as there is nowhere for them to live!

Edit to add: Can't wait to see how she interacts with the kinskis particularly Rachel!

Archived