Brothers & Sisters

Guest princess_in_pink

I've heard that Balthazar wants to come back fulltime. I'd love to see more of Tommy. I hope that it means Julia would come back because I miss her.

I also heard he wants to come back. But i was reading that Gilles will be back for Luc full time. And apart from Ryan and Rob Lowe the whole cast will be back properly. So i was just wondering if Balthazar is included or will we see Tommy again only a few episodes. For his wife Julia i am not sure since the actress just had a baby.

Is Calista coming back full time ? Or is she still coming back as a recurring guest ?

We've been seeing a lot of Tommy in the 2nd half of this season, I think he will come back full time! I would only love for Julia to make a return as well, I always loved her character!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Calista is cutting down on her screen time so I presume that means she'll be recurring.

There hasn't been anything announced about Balthazar but I don't see what's stopping them if the actor wants back.

• 2 weeks later...

From the spoilers it does look he'll die. It also looks like they'll jump forward a year at the beginning of S5 so we wont get to see any of Kitty's grieving which dissapoints me. I think Calista would do a good job of it.

I am glad that it looks like Robert will die. Rob Lowe is leaving, so something has to happen. Kitty and Robert did have a rough patch but have now become better than before, so it wouldnt be realistic for them to divorce unless something really bad happened. If they stayed together, then I would have hated to hear the many many reasons why Robert wasnt at a certain family event. So the only other thing is death.

I am also liking the 1 year jump for the next year. While we will miss out all reactions to what happens to Robert (although it maybe shown in flashbacks, or at the start of the first episode before the jump.. maybe) and we might also miss the baby Walker/Wandell birth, it will still be good to see the current storylines closed up and new ones open without waiting.

Now for non-spoilers..

Did anyone see More4's episode yesterday? It was great!!! I was hoping that both parts would be shown on the same night, but knew it was unlikely, now I cant wait for next week. Loved seeing the younger walkers! Cody Longo who played young Tommy was great, sounded just like Balthazar Getty. I also liked young Kevin and the way he came into the party with his little dance and comment on Kitty's hair. I would have liked to have actually seen the guy who played young William and maybe be abit less obvious when they kept hiding Sally Field in the dark.

WOW, the finale was simply amazing!!

The car accident was fantastic, I am so sad to see the end of Robert

:( and Saul is HIV positive after all :( Such an emotional episode :(

What a brilliant end to a brilliant season!!!

That first part of Time After Time made me realize how much a miss Tommy (and Balthazar!). I knew that he wasn't the one who did something because there is no way William would have continued to see him as the better brother. Lil!Justin was cute!

Regarding the finale (not seen, just read):

- Killing Robert off was on the table as soon as Kitty survived her cancer battle. You just knew that the love between them would be killed.

- They have given the HIV+ storyline to the right actor.

- The time jump actually makes sense.

This season has been absolutely fantastic. The finale left me stunned. Seriously, B&S is such a well crafted show. Actors, writers, directors – all brilliant.

I don’t know where to start, really. I loved every bit of the finale. First of all, Saul. My heart is breaking for him. I had a feeling he was telling a lie to Nora, but still I was hoping it was true. The stunned face when he told them not to touch him – perfect. The look on their face left me in almost tears. As bittersweet it is to know Saul has HIV, the only thing I can take from it, is that Ron finally has a meaty storyline for next season, and I know he will be nothing short of fantastic.

I, by no means have been the greatest fan of Robert, but his death definitely left me in tears. Both Rob Lowe and Calista Flockhart were incredible in that scene. I knew Robert will die, since Rob Lowe was leaving (which I’m still, somewhat bitter about – Rob babe, you are not underused, you do have your fair share of screen time!), but I was still shocked. It’s just all around sadness. First they have martial problems, then Kitty’s diagnosed with cancer, and now her husbands dead. :( Sad. But I’m looking forward to the implications of his death.

Some positives; I ADORED the water scene. Very season 1ish. I sort of hoped it would’ve ended there, but of course a cliff hanger is a must. I love Sarah (even though she has been incredibly annoying as of late - well to me anyway!), and I loved her scenes throughout the episode. From the beginning scene with Justin, eating leftover pizza and watching mindless soap opera to the tour bus scenes – great comedic moments! And I’m loving the prospect of the Walkers (+ Holly) going into the water business. I’m glad Justin and Rebecca managed to sort out their problems, though I think it’s safe to assume Justin doesn’t end up going to Haiti. Scotty is perfection as always and I’m glad not all of the Walker clans are hurt.

At first, I was in two minds about the one year jump, but now I’m really not feeling it. So much happened in the finale that it needs to pick up where it left off. I hate the thought of missing out on the emotional roller coaster Kitty will go on as a widower and a single mother, or how the family will react to Saul’s HIV condition, and just in general the family dealing with what happened. I hated the fact that there was a two month (or two weeks?) jump after Kitty’s Bone Marrow transplant and we never got to see her fully recover from it, or hear where in the world Ryan disappeared to. I sincerely hope flashbacks are used. But despite my qualms about next season, I’m still nonetheless extremely excited! :)

• 2 weeks later...

The cast of Brothers & Sisters have admitted that they think the show will end after the next season.

ABC renewed the drama last month but ordered 18 episodes instead of the normal 22.

Rachel Griffiths, who plays Sarah Walker on the show, told TV Guide: "In my negotiation, I asked, 'Does 18 mean it's the last season?' I would love to know. I feel like this is the last season, but I don't know for sure."

Sally Field, who stars as Nora Walker, added that the cast will be "real ready" to end the programme by 2011, explaining: "We're tired."

The show's cinematographer Cynthia Pusheck also suggested that it will finish next year.

"I think it's been a nice run, and it will be good for us to know we can wrap up everyone's stories," she said.

This can not happen, I repeat this CANNOT happen! This show is possibly my favourite show on television at the moment, and I love all the characters dearly and I don't want them to ever go - SERIOUSLY! The whole family thing is so beautiful to watch :wub: I just will not be ready to say goodbye! I think its still got a couple more years in it yet, and besides it rates quite well.

A lot the networks seem to be ordering shorter seasons. I don't know if it means anything. This season rated really well compared to a lot of the other bigger series.

For some reason, I think 5 seasons would be really good. I hate it when shows keep going until the ratings get bad enough that it's cancelled. I like them to go out on top.

Archived