The Heart Brings You Back

Guest Stevie

Excuse me, I was trying to read your update when you distracted me with this! :lol:

Peter emerged from the bathroom with just a towel around his waist.

Such a hot picture :wub: . Poor Dan and Amanda stuck with Kitty and poor Drew. Evil Christy (both in the fic and on the show) abandoning her child in some dump, luckily Peter's on his way. So Belle must due soon? :) more soon

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks both of you :D

Jane: I thought people might like that scene :P

Here is a new update

Chapter 19

“Morning darling,” Kitty said as her daughter emerged from her bedroom. “I’ve made a pot of coffee.”

“Oh, thanks,” Amanda replied as she poured herself a cup. “So have you organised somewhere to stay yet?”

“Straight to the point I see,” Kitty commented, feeling a little hurt. “But yes, check in is at one.”

Amanda smiled triumphantly as she took a sip of her coffee. At that moment Ryan came running into the room. “Grandma!” He exclaimed as he ran up to Kitty and hugged her.

“Hello darling,” Kitty replied as she scooped him up onto her lap.

“I’m going to go and take a shower,” Amanda said, unable to play happy families with her mother.

As she left the room Dan walked in and poured himself a cup of coffee and gave Ryan a hug. Just then Kitty’s phone rang. She stood up to answer it.

“Hello, Kitty Vale,” she answered. “What? But that can’t be! Well what am I supposed to do?”

Dan watched her suspiciously. He could tell that whatever was happening was going to affect them.

“Whatever!” She yelled into the phone.

“What’s wrong?” Dan asked nervously once she had hung up.

“That was the hotel I was booked into, they have declined my credit card,” she sobbed. “Apparently I have no money.”

Dan watched as Kitty’s body crumpled onto the floor as she began to cry. She was an actress and Dan could just tell that she was trying to play him. But she wasn’t going to fool him.

“Grandma, what’s wrong?” Ryan asked, looking slightly scared.

As Dan saw the fear and hurt in his son’s eyes he realised that, no matter how much he hated Kitty, he had to help her, for Ryan’s sake.

“Mate, why don’t you get dressed, your clothes are laid out on your bed,” He said, as he ushered Ryan out of the room. “I’ll look after grandma.”

“You’re going to help me?” Kitty sobbed once Ryan was out of earshot.

“Let’s get one thing straight Kitty,” he said angrily. “If I help you it is for Ryan only. This will not change how I, or Amanda, feel about you.”

She nodded as her tears began to disappear. Dan only hoped that his decision wouldn’t come back to haunt him.

Peter had been looking at the phone all morning. Christy had given him her number so he could talk about the situation, but he still hadn’t gotten up the courage to call her. He thought he would have had trouble sleeping last night, with everything going through his head, but he crashed as soon as his head hit the pillow.

He was still coming to terms with what Christy had told him. “You have a son!” The words kept replaying in his head. He couldn’t believe that there was a person out there who was a product of him. It was a scary thought, but not as scary as the next one he had. I’m a father! I’m someone’s dad! Then his thoughts switched to his own father and he decided that he was going to be a better father than Kevin Baker. He wanted to a part of his son’s life.

At that moment, without thinking, he picked up the phone and dialled Christy’s number. After a few rings she answered.

“Hey, it’s Peter,” he said nervously, then paused, but then built up the courage to continue. “I…..I want to meet him. I want to meet my son.”

Amanda emerged from the bathroom and headed to the lounge room where Dan and Kitty were sitting together. She saw the look on Dan’s face and became worried.

“What’s going on?” She asked nervously.

“Well Kitty is going to be staying with us for a few days.” Dan replied.

:lol: No-one wants Kitty There.. I Wonder Why She Is Really There?.. money?!

And Poor Drew, Been Dumped In Boarding School In Australia! Poor Guy, Luckily One Parent Wants To Be Part Of His Life!

Chapter 20

“Are you crazy?!” Amanda yelled after she had dragged Dan into the kitchen so they could talk privately.

“Firstly, why leave the room if you’re just going to yell?” Dan began, trying to lighten the mood,” and secondly, she has nowhere else o go.”

“Wake up Dan!” She replied, “she is conning you, she probably never even had a reservation.”

“Probably,” Dan agreed, to Amanda’s surprise. “I know how manipulative she is Amanda.”

“Then why give into her?” Amanda asked sounding agitated.

“Because of Ryan,” he explained. “You should have seen the look on his face when he saw her crying.”

Amanda went to object, but stopped when she realised something. Dan was right. She had to give her mother a chance, for Ryan’s sake.

“Ok, fine.” Amanda agreed, “but I’ve got one question.”

“What?” Dan responded.

“What happened to all of her money anyway?” Amanda asked.

“Well apparently her agent ripped her off and took everything.” Dan replied.

“Or so she says.” Amanda added sceptically.

“Don’t worry darling,” Kitty said as she entered the room, “I’ll be getting a new agent.”

Peter sat, ticket in hand, waiting. He was so restless, he couldn’t believe he was doing this. Maybe it wasn’t too late to back out. No, he had to do this. Not just for him, but for his son. “Andrew Curtis,” he muttered himself as he took out the baby picture Christy had given to him. My son, he thought, as he traced the outline of Andrew’s face with his finger, I have to do this.

“This is the final boarding call for flight 797 to Sydney, Australia.” Said a voice over the loud speaker.

“This is it!” He said to himself as he got up and handed in his ticket, “I’m going to meet my son.”

Archived