The Heart Brings You Back

Guest Stevie

Well I better update then, I don't want the Panda Squad after me :lol: (even though I am a part of it :lol: )

Chapter 8

The four of them sat in silence as they ate their dinner. Peter could sense there was tension between Dan and Amanda and it made him uncomfortable.

“I’ve finished my dinner,” Ryan said, breaking the silence, “can I go watch TV?”

“No!” Dan responded abruptly.

“Dan!” Amanda yelled then turned to Ryan. “Of course you can darling, just don’t have it up too loud.”

Amanda could tell that Dan didn’t want Ryan to leave so that they wouldn’t get into a fight. That’s exactly why Amanda wanted him to leave.

“Why did you undermine me like that?” Dan asked, annoyed.

“I think you know why,” she replied abruptly. “You’re home late for a dinner that you organised!”

“I was busy,” Dan replied. “I thought you’d be happy that I made us some extra money!”

Peter was becoming increasingly uncomfortable. He knew they had problems, but Dan told him that everything was ok now.

“Busy? That’s your excuse?” Amanda replied. “I seem to remember that not being good enough when I got home late!”

“This is not the same!” Dan yelled. “You were never home, but this was the first time for me!”

“You’re right, this isn’t the same!” Amanda responded, her voice getting louder. “I was late because I was furthering my career, you were late because you were gambling!”

At the mention of the last word, Peter quickly looked up from his food that he’d been playing with for the last few minutes. “What?!” Peter interrupted. “Gambling?!”

“Don’t worry Pete,” Dan assured him, “it’s nothing illegal.”

“That doesn’t matter,” Peter responded, surprised at his brother, “I thought you were smarter than that.”

“Thank you Peter.” Amanda said, and they quickly glanced at each other, but turned away when they remembered that Dan was there.

“Great! Gang up on me!” Dan yelled, jumping to his feet. “I don’t need this, I’m getting outta here!”

“Don’t walk out on this conversation!” Amanda yelled back, as she got up and followed him out of the room. Peter slowly followed them.

“This isn’t a conversation, it’s an ambush!” Dan spat. “See ya later!”

With that Dan slammed the door behind him. Peter and Amanda stood in shock staring at the door.

The silence was interrupted by Ryan, who had emerged from the next room. “Where did dad go?” Ryan asked.

“Umm, he just went to pick something up from the shops darling.” Amanda replied calmly.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: How dare I keep you waiting so long :P:lol:

Here's the next update :D but it's a shorter one

Chapter 9

Amanda sat in the dark drinking her fourth glass of wine. She had been sitting there since she put Ryan to bed after Dan left, and Peter had practically bolted from the house. Then she began to think about Peter. She remembered the moment they had, when their hands touched, it was electric. The way they looked deeply into each other’s eyes, she couldn’t get over how she felt about him.

Suddenly, the door opened and Dan walked in. “Hey,” he said glumly.

“Hey,” Amanda replied, “Dan…”

“Look Amanda, I’m not in the mood for another fight,” Dan interrupted.

“No, I’m not gonna fight with you Dan,” Amanda replied.

“Really?” Dan asked uneasily.

“Yeah,” Amanda replied, “I just wanted to see when you came in, so that I can remind you of this moment when you have a go at me for getting home late.”

“God Amanda!” Dan began, but was cut off by Amanda.

“I’m tired, so I’m going to bed,” she told him, as she kissed him on the cheek. “Goodnight.”

She went off to bed, leaving Dan standing in the middle of the room. He looked down and saw a wine bottle on the table, he picked it up and realised that it was empty. “Geez Amanda,” he said to himself.

When Peter arrived back at his apartment, he dropped his keys on the table and slumped onto the couch. What an eventful evening, he thought to himself. He couldn’t believe Dan walked out like that. He had left straight after him, he had to get out of there. He just couldn’t stay there with Amanda, not after the moment they shared. It was weird, he just felt something electric when they touched. She was gorgeous tonight, he thought to himself. He hadn’t been able to get her out of his mind the whole drive home. He wished he didn’t feel like this. “She’s your brother’s wife for god sake Peter,” he told himself, “You just have to forget about her.”

Chapter 10

Dan woke up and looked over and saw that Amanda wasn’t there. He walked into the lounge room, she wasn’t there. He checked the kitchen, she wasn’t there either. He checked the whole house, she was nowhere to be seen, neither was Ryan! Dan started to worry, with a million thoughts racing through his head. He decided to give her a call. “Hi, you’ve reached Amanda Baker, leave a message and I’ll get back to you.”

“Damn, I got her voicemail,” Dan cursed, slamming the phone down.

He reached for his keys and was about to head out the door, when it suddenly opened. Amanda and Ryan walked in giggling and eating ice cream.

“Hi Dad,” Ryan said excitedly.

“Where the hell have you been?” Dan demanded.

“Dan! Language!” Amanda said angrily.

Dan just stood there glaring at her.

“Ryan, why don’t you go play in your room,” Amanda instructed.

“Ok mum,” he said, heading off to his room.

“Well?” Dan said, waiting with his arms folded.

“I took Ryan shopping,” Amanda replied innocently. “You said I should spend more time with him.”

“So you just go out? You don’t leave a message or anything?” He said angrily, “I was worried sick.”

“Sorry, I guess I didn’t think,” she replied, failing to see the seriousness of the situation.

“That’s your problem Amanda!” Dan yelled, “You never think!”

“Hey wait a sec….” Amanda objected, but was interrupted.

“No! Take some responsibility for god sake!” Dan cut in.

“FINE!” Amanda yelled.

“FINE!” Dan roared.

Suddenly the room was filled with silence, but not for long as Amanda spoke up, “well, I’ve gotta go.”

“What? Where?” Dan demanded.

“I have an audition today,” she replied, “I told you about it.”

“Yeah, but you’re just gonna leave? Now?” Dan asked. “I thought you were going to put Ryan first.”

“Well, I took care of Ryan all mourning, while you were sleeping the day away,” she told him. “So I’m sure you’ll be fine for a few hours.”

She kissed him goodbye and headed for the door. “I’ll see you tonight.” She said as she closed the door behind her.

Dan just stood there. He couldn’t move, he was gobsmacked. Sometimes he really didn’t understand Amanda. Sometimes she would act like the perfect wife, then other times she would do whatever suited her.

“Where’s mum?” Ryan asked, emerging from his bedroom.

“She went to work buddy.” He replied. “ How about I make us some lunch?”

“Ok dad,” Ryan replied.

Archived