Behind Closed Doors

Guest allibaz91

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About time, missy. :P

Wow, that was intense. Loved the showdown between the Brody women. Go Pete for standing up for Lucy. He's so sweet.

That was really awesome. Loved it, heaps. Please don't keep us all waiting for ages.

Pete did the right thing standing up for Lucy like that , I agree with the other reviewrs loved the showdown between the Brody Sisters , and I agree wih Pete, Luce should stay with him and clare

wicked as usual

love abi xx

Lol well Chrissie's been bugging me via comment so I figure I'd better post before she murders me! Enjoy :)

Chapter 26

“What a stupid, selfish cow!” Clare ranted, storming up and down the living room. “I mean, who the hell does she think she is, coming into our home and hitting you?! At least you were doing what you did for Luce’s sake, which is more than can be said for her!”

“Hey, would you calm down a little?” Peter asked, amused. She was having a fit!

“Sorry, I just … she had no right,” she replied, a little calmer now. He smiled and pulled her down onto the sofa to sit next to him, rubbing her shoulders.

“We’ll figure out a way to help Lucy, okay? Hopefully one that doesn’t involve you slapping your sister again, if we can manage it.”

“Hey, if I have to slap her again, I will,” Clare said angrily. Peter chuckled.

“You know, this is part of why I love you so much. You’re so passionate about things that are important to you – about your family; your friends … it’s amazing.” Clare smiled shyly as she turned around on the sofa to face him and looked into his eyes.

“You love me?” she repeated, smiling. “I didn’t think you’d say that to my face.”

“Technically, you were looking away from me,” he replied, and she laughed aloud.

“Ruin the moment, why don’t you?” she said, still grinning. “Can’t you even try and be serious for like, a second?”

“See, there’s that word I hate again,” Peter said. “Serious. What’s to be serious about? We are living in a complete fantasyland! You and I are living under false identities, somewhere we don’t really know where, and we don’t have to work or anything. Nobody here knows who we are. We can be anyone, and we’re together. We’re living the dream!”

“Yeah, if you don’t mind a rundown old house and no compensation.”

“My point is, we don’t have to take anything seriously now. We have no responsibility, or anything – we can just relax. This is our time. Just us. No … distractions.”

Clare bit her lip, and then leaned in close to him, kissing him softly. He kissed her back lovingly, and things heated up between them rather quickly. Clare pulled away from him, and took him by the hands, dragging him to his feet, laughing.

“Come on,” she giggled, kissing his neck and pulling him in the direction of the stairs.

“What are you playing at?” he laughed, holding back. “I thought we were meant to be taking things slowly? You know, baby steps?”

“Yeah, well, I had a think about that while I was away with Jules,” she admitted.

“And?” Peter prompted her, when she didn’t continue straight away. She smiled.

“Well, nothing was the same without you in my life, Pete. I missed you like crazy the whole time we were apart, and … well, having you back now, feels like we’ve been given a second chance. Another, second chance. I don’t want to lose any more time.”

“Hey …” he pulled her into his arms and hugged her, as it dawned on him what she was trying to tell him. “I’m not about to give up on you over something as stupid as sex, okay? All I want is to be with you. I don’t care about waiting. I thought you knew that.”

“I do know that,” insisted Clare. “And I appreciate that you respect me like that, but … this isn’t just about you. I thought about it, and I have missed being with you. What’s the point in holding off because of … well, no reason, really! It’s stupid.”

“And you’re not just saying this?” he checked. He would wait forever for her – he would hate to think that she was rushing into this just to try and please him.

“I love you, Pete,” she said. “I don’t know how much clearer I need to make that.”

“Oh, well, you could clarify your position a little more,” he said. She bit her lip, smiling.

“You’re a tease, Peter Baker,” she informed him. “Nothing but a tease …”

“A tease who’s in love with an incredible woman. And would do anything for her.”

“I challenge you to test that theory,” Clare replied.

Peter raised his eyebrows, and she grinned and kissed him passionately again, running her hands over his body. She unlocked her lips from his, kissing his face.

“Come on, Detective,” she whispered in his ear. “The handcuffs are upstairs.”

“You’re a very naughty girl, you know that?” he replied, laughing. She also laughed merrily and slipped her tongue into his mouth, massaging his with her own.

“You love it really,” she teased him, as he kissed her neck. “And I missed you.”

“I missed you too,” Peter said, finally giving into what they both wanted.

He kissed her back passionately and she whimpered with pleasure as things heated up between them again. A few moments later, she began unfastening his shirt, still kissing him feverishly. But then the strangest thing happened.

Peter pulled quickly away from Clare, breathing heavily. She looked at him, puzzled.

“Is this your idea of playing hard to get or something?” she asked him.

“No …” he shook his head and did up his buttons again. “I’m sorry. I can’t do this.”

“What?” Clare shook her head, a little like there was an irritating fly buzzing around her head. “But, I don’t understand – I thought you said you wanted this.”

“Believe me, that’s not what the problem is,” Peter said heavily. “It’s not you, it’s me.”

“A line every girl loves to hear.”

“No, seriously, Clare, this … this is my issue, okay? It’s something I have to work out, and it’s something you couldn’t change if you wanted to,” he said, feeling terrible.

“Try me,” she said coolly, looking him straight in the eye. She was angry.

“I think I’d better go to bed,” he said quietly, not wanting to face her wrath yet.

“It’s three o’clock!” she said, sounding even angrier than before.

“Would you just drop it, Clare?” snapped Peter, not willing to meet her eye. He turned and made quickly for the stairs, hoping she wouldn’t follow him. He heard her call out.

“Peter!”

He ignored her, and a moment later the bedroom door closed behind him.

Next one soon-ish, Chrissie! :lol::P

Lol, I'm not obsessed at all. I just love reading about Clete. Altho, Pete's such a egghead in this one, I swear.

Like Lil said, "What the heck is wrong with you?!?!?" I was this close to calling him a moron. :P

Loved how Clare loves Lucy as much as Peter does. I reckon they would make such great parents.

Excellent chapter altho Peter being Peter, ruined it....

I swear, what is wrong with the two of them? Everytime something goes perfectly right, one of them tends to ruin it.

Update soon, Ali. :D

P/S: I can't murder you because if I do, there's no one to write this.... :P

Awesome updates!

Loved how Peter stood up for Lucy. Julie is such a cow...

OMG Peter and Clare fluff, how cute was that!

“You love me?” she repeated, smiling. “I didn’t think you’d say that to my face.”

“Technically, you were looking away from me,” he replied, and she laughed aloud.

Great line! Aww, Peter and Clare are just great together... confused about the end though... is he self concious about his scars or something? Can't wait for the next update!

Lol thanks guys - don't worry about Pete, all will be revealed :ph34r: for once I actually do know where I'm going with this!

That's mildly encouraging, Chrissie :rolleyes:

Glad you enjoy the parental-ish-ness :unsure:

Lol Adia, glad you liked that line :)

Thanks everyone for commenting - next update tomorrow, I think :P

Archived