Neighbours....noooooooo

Guest alexx

I don't really think they care about ratings. They're running Futurama in the 7pm timeslot against H&A, an obscure sci-fi cartoon series which channel 7 finished airing about 2 years ago. They've got Joker Poker on every other night, which I think are mostly repeats as well. They're rerunning old episodes of Australia's Brainiest, and of course there's the Simpsons and Seinfeld. Neighbours is one of the very few new shows that channel 10 actually have, and it adds to the Australian-made quota. It's been going for 20 years, it's allowed to have a few off seasons (which I don't think this is, but anyway). I don't think channel 10 are all that anxious to axe it in favour of Everybody Loves Raymond repeats.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Channel Ten will not axe neighbours.

#1- Its part of Australian history and everyone has watched it some time in their lives(well almost everyone)

#2-Its very very popular in the UK. Channel ten know that.

#3-It is allowed to have a few ''slow'' years. Yet this year alot of changes will be made so the show will improve abit.

#4- It easily wins its time slot everynight

#5- The ratings arent bad ALL the time! Just a little while ago, i saw it just under h&a!

#6-It is the BEST soap ever! It was even named Australias #1 soap, and by #1 i dont mean #1 in ratings i mean #1 in the soap itself.

The show is old, yet very much alive.

Like you said, IT WAS. It's not now. And I said above that Ten wont axe it because of the UK. Who cares if it's a part of Australian history. Sons & Daughters, A Country Practice, Blue Heelers...? Do they ring a bell? And Number One in its timeslot? :lol: Are we talkin about the same Neighbours here?

Like you said, IT WAS. It's not now. And I said above that Ten wont axe it because of the UK. Who cares if it's a part of Australian history. Sons & Daughters, A Country Practice, Blue Heelers...? Do they ring a bell? And Number One in its timeslot? :lol: Are we talkin about the same Neighbours here?

It is #1 in its timeslot.

If you dont believe me check out the ratings, its higher than all the other news/tv shows on at the same time!

It is #1 in its timeslot.

If you dont believe me check out the ratings, its higher than all the other news/tv shows on at the same time!

Seven News - 1.349,000

Today Tonight - 1.331,000

Nine News - 1.197,000

A Current Affair - 1.196,000

ABC News - 1.165,000

The King of Queens - 1.017,000

That '70s Show - 1.013,000

The 7.30 Report - 988,000

CSI Miami - 968,000

ABC's Dynasties - 905,000.

Cops - 887,000

Ten News - 855,000

Smallville - 820,000

The Master - 799,000

Standoff - 797,000

Nip/Tuck - 717,000

Vanished - 679,000

Motorway Patrol - 589,000

Motorway Patrol Repeat - 528,000

Sunrise - 413,000

David Letterman - 238,000

Today - 234,000

This was the day Neighbours returned... I don't even see them listed there... TT is #2 & ACA is #4. How does that make Neighbours in the #1 timeslot when they're not even listed?

Archived