Neighbours....noooooooo

Guest alexx

Man we’re not comparing H&A to Neighbours or visa-versa; we’re saying what we think of Neighbours (nothing to do with H&A).

I don’t like the new characters at all, I don’t like the ‘vibe’ they bring to the show.

Yeah I was thinking about that before, the show was great up until somewhere in 2005, then I completely lost interest. Libby was a great character and the show misses her. Susan and Karl are great characters and actors alike, but watching tonight’s show it kinda highlighted the fact that they don’t really have a connection with many people in the street anymore. Katya and those others kids just don’t ‘fit-in’ living in that house with them, I don’t sense a real connection, they just seem like lodgers, don’t like it…but if they weren’t they wouldn’t have a purpose…would they?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I also agree about Susan and Karl. It's funny how a show with so many rubbish characters and storylines also has such a brilliant couple of characters as well. But the show can't rely on them forever. Steph is the only other character I really like. I've loved her ever since that Woody/Witness Protection storyline. Lynn used to be ok but she has changed WAY too much from her original character, I just can't take her seriously anymore. I was annoyed that they killed Lil as I liked her.

Libby was great, I wish she would come back. She was like Neighbours' version of Sally to me.

Whatever.

Home and aways still not perfect :lol: ......

GOD! what is your problem, you cannot take any Neighbours bashing whatsoever. Nobody has said Home and Away is perfect and people are entitled to an opinion you know. Grow up and drop the whole

H&A Vs Neighbours crap, they don't have to be in competition as they are two different shows.

You bash H&a so some people are gonna bash Neighbours, get over it. :angry:

In my opinion, and many others, Neighbours has gotten really bad lately and has turned into a cheap wannabe comedy soap. Granted Home and Away has taken a slide for the worst lately too but to an extent that it can improve.

I never really liked Libby when she was in the show but now I would love to have her back. I think she came across as being a little too perfect before Drew died, but now I think she would really give the show some spark. Izzy I can do without for a little while, but I would like to see her return and have a bitch-fight with Sky.

Whatever.

Home and aways still not perfect :lol: ......

GOD! what is your problem, you cannot take any Neighbours bashing whatsoever. Nobody has said Home and Away is perfect and people are entitled to an opinion you know. Grow up and drop the whole

H&A Vs Neighbours crap, they don't have to be in competition as they are two different shows.

You bash H&a so some people are gonna bash Neighbours, get over it. :angry:

In my opinion, and many others, Neighbours has gotten really bad lately and has turned into a cheap wannabe comedy soap. Granted Home and Away has taken a slide for the worst lately too but to an extent that it can improve.

I can take neighbours bashing. :wink:

You could go on and on and on and on and i'd still be thinking ''neighbours may have that problem, but so does home and away :rolleyes: ''

Libby was always a favourite, but especially as the character got older I found myself really, really appreciating Kym Valentine’s acting and character alike. I thought she was fantastic after Drew’s death too; I don’t think her character slid in anyway.

Have you seen the scene Libby is told Drew is dead? – Its one of my favourite Kym scenes - it gave me Goosebumps!

I thought 'Lil' was a great character too, and I thought the aftermath of the Bishops death was crap. I hate what the producers and writers did to the show in 2005 they completely screwed up character continuity and traits, direction, sets and music...etc and overall seemed to cheapen the show.

I dont think Neighbours is that bad... Carmella is a good character in my opinion, so is Sky. I liked Serena as well before she died in the crash... Fingers crossed that since they never found a body there's a chance Serena could return from the dead :wub:

I like the new characters here in the UK as well, Carmella's sister, Pepper the policemans daughter. The man pretending to be her fiancee and the backpacker guy :)

Archived