Neighbours....noooooooo

Guest alexx

I don’t know what they’re doing over in production at Neighbours, but I can’t believe how cardboard the whole show is now its format is so dated. The acting by guest cast seems especially terrible, but whoever took over since 2005 (when they changed every set and lighting and axed half the cast) – they really made a bad job of ‘improving’ it. Its such a shame, I used to really like Neighbours and was always quite defensive of it, but now it’s like a joke just throw in the canned 'ooohhh, ahhhh-s and hahaha's' and itd be the best comedy on the box at the moment.

The only redeeming qualities the show has are Susan and Karl... But there needs to be some big changes, new direction, set changes in regards to lighting and realism, camera quality needs an update and the music should be changed. I dont like Channel 10, I dont think theres one show I like other than Cops.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t know what they’re doing over in production at Neighbours, but I can’t believe how cardboard the whole show is now its format is so dated. The acting by guest cast seems especially terrible, but whoever took over since 2005 (when they changed every set and lighting and axed half the cast) – they really made a bad job of ‘improving’ it. Its such a shame, I used to really like Neighbours and was always quite defensive of it, but now it’s like a joke just throw in the canned 'ooohhh, ahhhh-s and hahaha's' and itd be the best comedy on the box at the moment.

The only redeeming qualities the show has are Susan and Karl... But there needs to be some big changes, new direction, set changes in regards to lighting and realism, camera quality needs an update and the music should be changed. I dont like Channel 10, I dont think theres one show I like other than Cops.

I would say the production all goes down to fremantle media not Ten and Neighbours is filmed in a very old studio and the i have noticed the studio scenes are very dark must be the cameras and all.

Dude , if you don't like HAA go away,why'd you even join?You've never said anything postive and we don't wanna hear it!

I'm with Spunkyl.

Many of the H&A cast who haven't had a lot of acting experience look like Oscar winners compared to Dan O'Connor!

I would say the production all goes down to fremantle media not Ten and Neighbours is filmed in a very old studio and the i have noticed the studio scenes are very dark must be the cameras and all.

I agree wholeheartedly. Karl and Susan, along with Bree Timmins are the only things I like about Neighbours. I have a Neighbours DVD from the 1980s and 1990s, and it was a great show, about the same league as H&A. Now, it is vewry badly written and the acting is terrible ! My sister got me the Neighbours defining moments DVD, and wrote on it'this is a decent soap'...I don't think so. Neighbours is awful now:marks 1 out of 10, Home and away 9 out of 10 for drama.

Yeah but regardless of how old the studio is, it used to be a lot better quality and it was filmed in the same studio. They have used the same camera quality since 2000 I think, and whilst the Neighbour sets have always been pretty dark in the way of lighting, it was never as ‘orange’ as it is now, and the houses used to look like they were actually the insides of the exterior shots – now they look really separated and unrealistic.

There isnt attention to detail at times too. I especially hate it when (I know this is going overboard, but its just a pet hate I’ve always had with the show) :P – when a character leaves the house and we see them turn a corner, when in fact if they were really walking outside that particular house (going off the outdoor shots) they would have to walk down a staircase, and when it shows the outside of the house (the stock shot) and there aren’t any curtains, but then inside there are net curtains!?!? :blink::D

I don't know what's happened on Neighbours lately. I used to enjoy it for a bit of fun and if I was lucky I would be entertained. But something has happened, and while it's always been underwhelming, it's just gotten to be so disappointing.

The saddest thing is they have so many storylines that could be *great* but they constantly ruin them and turn them to garbage. The ideas are there, but the execution is appalling.

I felt embarrassed for Susan and Karl tonight in their storylines. They're great. Everything else... not so much.

There used to be so much fun with Izzy and Libby and a few others... it's just gone to crap.

Archived