Merry Christmas from Home and Away

Guest Jen

Merry Christmas from Home and Away

ChillOut! The Sunday Times

December 24, 2006.

It’s time for a break for the cast of Home and Away.

Check out what some of the cast are planning.

ChillOut! had a chat with Tim Campbell, who plays Dan Baker, to find out what he was up to:

Q. Are you still filming Home and Away?

A. We are just finishing, and then it is the Christmas party.

Q. Are there some curly storylines coming up next year for you all?

A. There are, I think. We also have a new writer and I think the focus will go back to the beach a bit more. That will be good – I love the beach.

Q. What does Christmas hold for you?

A. I have a whole bunch of family and friends to catch up with and I am already planning to pig-out big-time. I love all the food at Christmas and have bought a ham just for me and have a case of wine at the ready. I know I will put on a few kilos – but it is just once a year and then I will have to hit the beach to get rid of it before we come back on set next year.

Q. Are you all ready for Christmas?

A. Oh no, I will be running around on Christmas Eve and if I could also on Christmas Say buying presents in a panic.

CHRISTMAS QUOTES

Paul O’Brien, who plays Jack Holden

What are you doing for Christmas this year?

I haven’t decided yet. I might travel overseas to do some work/fun stuff, but will try to be with my family on Christmas Day.

Best gift you’ve ever given someone?

For my dad, when I was young. I drew a picture of eggs and beans and wrote: “This voucher entitles you to one free breakfast.”

What do you want for Christmas?

Some laughs, singing and a surf.

Holly Brisley, who plays Amanda Vale

Spending it with my family. We always do a traditional lunch and it’s such a special day.

Last year my sister and I got all of Mum and Dad’s old footage, which spanned more than 40 years, and edited it all into a fantastic package with music. They cried when they saw it.

Why was it so special?

Because they hadn’t seen most of the footage in years, and the way it was all put together was amazing. They’ll be able to keep it and show it to people forever.

What do you want for Christmas?

I actually haven’t decided yet…hmmm, I better start! I think for now I’ll just put in an order for a happy day.

New Year’s Resolution?

To get really fit.

Clarissa House, who plays Beth Hunter.

I’ll be at home with my family.

Best Christmas childhood memory?

Christmas morning with my parents, brother and sisters and our nanna, and toasted ham sandwiches.

Jessica Tovey, who plays Belle Taylor.

Staying in Sydney – having a big family lunch.

Best Christmas childhood memory?

In Dubbo singing songs around the piano with my Grandma.

I made a statue out of clay like an academy award and spray-painted it gold.

Who was it for?

My cousin (who is an actor).

Why was it so special?

Because I made it myself, and it was something that I guess she’s always wanted.

What do you eat for Christmas lunch/dinner?

I’m a vegetarian, so potato salad, bean mix and home-made mango ice cream.

The new writer will try to make the show more Bevan-esque.

Your relentless pimping of Bevan has got to stop. For goodness' sake, you've got a one track mind and it's embarrassing. Bevan was good, ok, but just calm yourself. He had his crap moments like everyone else. Geez. He is not the be all and end all.

The new writer will try to make the show more Bevan-esque.

Your relentless pimping of Bevan has got to stop. For goodness' sake, you've got a one track mind and it's embarrassing. Bevan was good, ok, but just calm yourself. He had his crap moments like everyone else. Geez. He is not the be all and end all.

I think Ste was stating a fact, rather than an opinion? :unsure:

Archived