One More Chance

Guest -ParaisGal-

Yeh i was thinking. Rachel cant be pregnant yet. Oh wellz. Poor Jacky. I'll move in with him when he gets lonely :P jks. I hope Martha used her head and moves back in. Its been forever since she moved out. And Jacky's getting lonely :( Great chapter

More please :)

• Replies 408
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just read the last chapter. I t was great. I love the way this fic isn't just JM, that would get boring :P

I hope Martha decided to go and move back in with Jack soon though, it will be better for the kiddies too :)

Update when you can Parii.

Chapter Thirty Four.

Martha sat on her bed at Sally’s, her legs tucked neatly under her. In front of her, was something she’d found, an old invitation to her wedding. She’d found it stored at Sally’s house, with all the happy memories, under her bed. She turned to her half packed bag, grinning. It was the day after her dinner with Jack and their daughters, and she’d realised that she missed Jack, and she loved Jack. She heard running feet, and turned to see Isabel bursting into her room “Hey sweetie.” She said, beaming as she lifted the four year old up.

“Mum!” She said happily, fidgeting till her mother put her feet back on the ground. She noticed the bags “Where are you going?” She asked her, confused.

“I’m going back with you and daddy.” She told her daughter, grinning at her.

“Really mummy?” She squealed.

“Yes sweetie. Mummy misses you all.” She replied.

“Are you serious?” Came a voice from the door.

Martha smiled, Jack was staring at her in disbelief “Yeah, I am.” She said quietly, letting go of Isabel and hugging Jack tightly.

“That’s great.” He told her honestly, holding her tightly “Do you still have work this morning?” He asked her.

“No, it’s been swapped to the afternoon, to give me some time with my family.” She answered “Grandad figured out I was moving, he took my shift.”

“I’ll have to thank him.” Jack smiled.

“I guess we both will.” She said, looking at the bag that Jack had taken “Were you bringing Isabel for the day?” She asked him.

“Isabel and Toniya, yeah. But, now I guess it doesn’t really matter, seeing as your moving in and all.” He said cheerfully.

“Don’t you have work?” She asked him.

“That I do. So maybe I’ll go to work, and I’ll come home tonight and we’ll talk, yeah?” He asked her.

“Sure.” She nodded calmly, smiling at him.

-----

“Pizza.” Jack said, opening the front door.

“Have you got a problem with pizza?” She asked him “You haven’t turned anti-pizza have you? If you have, then we’re gunna have some serious issues to sort out.” She told him, placing the boxes on the table.

“No, I haven’t gone against pizza. I wasn’t expecting you to go out and buy pizza.”

“You expected me to cook? My first night home, you expected me to cook for you? You’ve got to be kidding me.” She told him, smiling at him.

“Well, I was hoping.” He said, sitting down in the place set “Well, it looks good anyway. Nice, hot and fresh.” He added.

“That’s good, as long as you eat it and don’t wear it everything will be okay.” She told him.

“Do you want me to wear a bib?” He asked her patiently.

“Use Toni’s, I’m sure she won’t mind.” She grinned at him.

“That was not fair. Anyway, I wouldn’t deprive my daughter of something she loves!” He protested.

Martha started laughing, just as the tomato paste dripped down her shirt “Oh no.” She said, laughing even harder.

“You just told me to wear a bib, get one yourself!” He grinned, grabbing some paper towel and handing it to her.

“Thanks.” She said, swallowing before removing the tomato from her shirt.

-----

“We heard you had pizza.” Luc said, opening the front door and entering with Belle by his side.

“How the heck did you hear?” Jack asked his brother.

“Well, I saw Martha leave her car with three pizza boxes so we figured we’d drop in.” Belle said.

“Help yourself.” Martha called from the kitchen.

“I will.” Belle said, grabbing two pieces of pizza.

Jack watched the pair. They were obviously still happily married and going strong, and he was happy that they were happy.

NEXT UPDATE: Ash applies for bail. How does it go?

Archived