Welcome Back to the Bay, It's 2009 in Summer Bay

Guest Di

Chapter One

It was five in the afternoon, the sun was blazing, and the birds were singing laughter in the air. Then… "Shhh!! Katie!" Jake said to her, his voice and lip quivering, there was as tears rolled down his pale cheeks. He pulled her back under the kitchen table.

"****ing shut you lying mouth!!! You bitch!!"

"I’m not lying it’s the truth!! Honest. Ju…" Cassie didn’t have chance to defend herself. Katie and Jake huddled together. All you could hear was the sobs of the kids and something smashing against the wall.

"Macca stop it!!! Get off me!!"

"You slept with him didn’t you?"

"No I didn’t." "

"You’re lying!!" His voice began to get even louder. There was more smashing and screaming.

"So what’s this then?" as Macca grabbed Cassie by the hair and pulled her face into the wet stain on the bedspread.

"What’s this!!! Then?"

"The kids were running around and knocked the vase of flowers over just before you came home." (The flowers were a grovelling apology, Macca gave to Cassie a couple days previous from the black eye he’d given to her while he was out of his face on a cocktail of drugs and booze) They now were strewn on the other side of the room, with glistening shreds of glass amongst them. As the sun shine through the broken window pane.

"You’re a ****ing liar! Cassie!!"

"It’s true. Macca." He forced her onto the bed, and roughly got on top of her. Holding her wrists, even tighter than he had previously. She tried to brake free from his tight grasp. She knew there was no point, as he towered over her. Cassie closed her eyes tears ran down her cheeks; she prayed it would soon be over. As he sexually assaulted her.

It was now dark; there was a calm silence in the house. The kids were in bed, Cassie rocked back and forth on the floor sobbing. She then realises, she has to leave him and mean it this time and not go back to him, as soon as he turns on the charm and sweet talks her.

She takes another step, slowly she opens the door

Checks that he sleeping, pick up all the broken glass,

And furniture on the floor

Been up half the night screaming now it's time to get away

Pack up the kids in the car

Another bruise to try and hide

Another alibi to ride …

Savage Gardens ~ Keep moving on

And she takes another step, slowly she opens the door

Checks that he sleeping, pick up all the broken glass,

And furniture on the floor

Been up half the night screaming now it's time to get away

Pack up the kids in the car

Another alibi to ride

Another ditch in the road you keep movin'

Another stop sign, you keep movin' on

And the years go by so fast

Wonder how I ever made it through

There are children to think of

Babies asleep in the backseat

Wonder how they'll ever make it through this living nightmare

But the mind is an amazing thing

Full of candy dreams and new toys and another cheap hotel

Two beds and a coffee machine

But they are groceries to buy and she knows she'll hafta go home

Another ditch in the road, you keep moving

Another stop sign, you keep moving on

Wonder how I ever made it through

Another alibi to ride

Another lonely highway in the black of night

There's hope in the darkness, you know you're gonna make it

Another ditch in the road you keep moving

Another stop sign, you keep moving on

Sellin' fortress built to last

Wonder how I ever made it...

Ooooh...

Mmmm...

Next stop Summer Bay…

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yay Di's back!!! And wow...Really powerful stuff Di, loved the introduction. The kids hiding under the table, I didn't quite realise the significance of it until I got to the end but it created a really powerful picture. I could eally see everything playing out in my head, so moving and great choice of song. Can't wait for an update, nice to have you back on the fanfic boards. :)

wow thanks for the welcome back, SKYKAT! its great to be back :) . Glad you like my fanfic. Also thanks to MarthaJackFan and SfanS,< I'll do my best,I'm not very good at grammer side of things :rolleyes: .

Dawn of a new life!!

Cassie looked through the mirror, she just could make out 4yr old Jake and 2yr old Katie. Huddled under their coats and a blanket sleeping. They were totally oblivious to the drama that was going to unfold in about an hour’s time!

Irene yawned as she walked down the stairs,

"What on blazers!" she yelled. "Kit! Kit! Get your backside in here girlie. It… I don’t want to hear it, just bloody wake him up and get him out of here."

Cassie’s car began to slow down, "Oh come on! Don’t die on me now!" A few yards later it shuddered to a Holt. 'Just great! Just bloody great'. Cassie got out and looked under the bonnet. Pointless really as the car was a wreck; it was just by pure chance it made it as far as this.

Cassie sat back in the car, waiting for the sun to rise. She was lost in her thoughts she didn’t hear Katie ask for a drink. "Mummy where are we?" Jake butts in.

"We're, erm… of on a little holiday sweetie."

"Why?" Katie asks, as she winks at Jake. He knew what the little holidays were all about.

"It’ll be fun Katie," she said pulling funny faces as he said it. Katie giggled, Cassie managed to weak smile. She knew she had done the right thing, in her head but her heart was broken in two. Still loved Macca.

"What on earth are you playing at Kit? This is a drop in house for real people in crisis not for your boyfriend to sleep over because he’s had a drink."

"Sorry It…"

"Stop right there girlie, ‘what it won’t happen again!!?"

"Irene’ err yeah something like that" as Kit looks at the floor.

"Save you breath, this is the second time this month it happened and it’s only the forth day of it. Just because you live here does not give you the right to use this place as you please."

"Look I’m sorry what else do you want me to say!"

"That you’ll tow the line."

"Yeah, yeah what ever." Kit walks off to her bedroom, muttering, 'jeez someone got out the wrong side of the bed this morning'.

"I heard that!"

"Come on Katie sweetie not much further I promise!" Katie sat on the grass verge,

"I’m tired, mummy."

"Yeah we all are," Jake said as he pulled the suitcase behind him.

"Ok we will have a little rest." Cassie dropped the rucksacks, her back ached.

"Mummy! Are we going back to daddy this time?" Jake asked as he hugged his sister.

"N… no we not sweetie I promise!" He smiled and run and hugged his mum. Jake knew the routine they’d stay away for a few days, or weeks. Then they’d either go back or he’d find them, he’d lay on the charm by the ton. Things would be ok for a while, until the next time.

"I’m just nipping into the Yabbie Creek, does anyone want anything?" Sally was at the computer desk. She’d turned around and jumped, Brad had already come downstairs and was stood behind her, just about to kiss his wife.

"Brad!" She playfully thumped him. "What you trying to do, give me a heart attack! So you can cash in my insurance?"

"No way!! What I Pippa and Joe will have to live on takeout for ever?"

"What you only married me for my cooking skills?" Sally replied as they pashed.

A little while later, Sally was on her way the Yabbie Creek. She past a young woman with two kids. "No it can’t be!" She turned and looked through back window. "Omg!" she said, "it is!!

Great stuff Di. Irene running a rehab centre...I love it! Poor Cassie, I really felt sorry for her. Look forward to more of this.xx

By the way if you're worried about the grammar side I don't mind proof reading chapters for you if you want? Its up to you but offer stands.

Archived