Welcome Back to the Bay, It's 2009 in Summer Bay

Guest Di

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank for the great comments guys, esp thank you to Kat! for sorting the grammar out for me :)

Blast from the past

"Hye Sally!"

"What are you doing, all the way here? It’s been a long time since you been in these neck of the woods!"

"I'm just visiting," Hayley replied airily but Sally had a very puzzled look on her face.

"But where is Scott? And what you doing standing at the bus stop? You should have called me."

"Oh err I got home sick, Scott was working all hours." Hayley replied cagily.

"Oh look at you! You’re a big boy now," Sally turned to Noah and he quickly hid behind Hayley. "Oh come on you’re not shy?" Sally turned to Hayley. "Its ok he was just a wee bub when you left the Bay. Who’s this?" Sally took the toddler off Hayley.

"This is Ben, say hye Ben!" But Ben just cried and put his arms out to his mum.

"Come on lets get you in the car. I’m of to the Yabbie Creek first. Is that ok?"

"Yeah that ok. Thanks for the lift."

"No worries."

"Whoa!!!" Hayley exclaimed suddenly.

"What?"

"The size of the wedding ring! So who is the lucky guy?"

Sally blushed, "his names Brad," she explained.

"Wow didn’t think you’d get married so… err..." Hayley paused, embarrassed.

"No its ok. Nor did anyone else for that matter, let’s say he’s been in my shoes," Sally explained with a smile.

"Oh I see."

"Anyways what's the real reason, you’re back in the bay?"

"I told you."

"Come on Hayley I know you better than this." Hayley took a deep breath and looked sheepish at Sally;

"I had an affair, Bens not Scott’s."

"Oh." It was all Sally could say.

"It's ok people will know soon enough. Ben is actually Kim’s." Sally’s face said it all.

"Oh my God! You sure?"

"Yeah I’m sure. That’s why my marriage to Scott failed."

"You're married?!"

"Yeah we just carried on for the kids sakes. Soon as Ben was born, there was no hiding the fact he was not Scott’s though."

"Poor Rachel! Do you know she and Kim are at breaking point? They could do without this."

"Why? What’s happened?"

"Well Kim was accused of sexual harassment; he got mumps and is infertile. Then to top it all they didn’t get custody of Joe, I did." Sally pointed to a picture on the dashboard. "He was a newborn that was dumped at the hospital by a Teenager who had a err... a relationship with one of the staff at Summer Bay. Rachel took the case to personal, as it was the same time as Kim found out he could not have kids."

"Poor Rachel!"

"She’s ok about it now it was almost three years ago. She works all hours at the new doctor’s surgery at the Yabbie Creek Medical centre."

"Why are they still together then?"

"Pride I guess, she said she’s stand by him no matter what when he was first caught up in the sexual harassment; scandal. Anyway, do you want to stay in the car while I nip into the grocery store?"

"Yeah, I think I will."

"Ok, I'll not be long!"

About ten minutes later, Sally was loaded down with bags, walking towards the car when she heard a commotion. She dropped the bags, and went to see what was going off.

"Omg!!" Hayley was stood there holding a little girl in her arm, there was a boy standing by her side. A stranger was kneeling over a young woman in the road giving her CPR…

"Cassie!!" Sally stood shocked for a second, before she asked what assistance she could be…

I said it on PM but theres no harm me putting it here aswell. Great chapter. I didn't see Hayley coming at all and I can see there being fireworks with Kim and Rachel. And OMG Cassie! :o

Wow, thanks for the great comments and reading it guys. Did I do a better job, on my grammar this time!.

If only,you could turn back time

The Ambulance sped away, "Right err, you guys come with me." Sally picked up Katie, and then took a tight grip of Jake’s hand. They walked across to her car, which was parked slightly in front of the incident Cassie was involved in.

"What Happened,is she all right?"

"I don’t know what happened, I hope she’ll be ok, she’s in a bad way thou."

‘I’ll have to ring Brad, as I don’t have enough room in my car for you all".

"It’s ok I’ll get a cab."

"Oh no you’ll wait here."

“I see, you still a bossy boots" they both laughed.

Once everyone had settled in, at Sal’s house. She took Cassie's belongins, and sorted a over night bag for her.

Sally, repacked one of Cassie’s rucksacks. With toiletries, underwear etc... then some clothes. Last but not least a crumpled up photo, of Jake and Katie. She had found in one of the pockets of Cassie’s handbag. That’s when Sally broke down and cried.

"Oh!! Cassie, what have you done to yourself?"

Sally had composed herself, when there was a soft knock on her bedroom door. It was Brad, "hey, come here."Tears ran down her face once more.

"Shhh,"Cassie, will be ok! You’ll see." As he wiped the tears from her flushed cheeks.

She pulled away from him slightly; "we had to do several rounds of CPR on her. To bring her back."

"She looked awful’; It’s the kids I’m worried about." Brad hugged Sally.

They walked downstairs a few minutes later.

"Look what we did, Auntie Sally." Jake said running up to them.

"Oh wow! that’s great," Jake had made a drawing for his mum.

Sally bend down, "I’m off to see mummy now."

"Okay," Jake acted all grown up, but Sally could see, his lip begin to quiver. His eyes well up.

Katie came up to Sally, and planed a wet kiss on her cheek.

"That’s for mummy, tell her I love her."

"I will sweetie, I promise."

"Ooops, sorry Darl," Irene and Sally almost walked into each other as Sally walked to her car.

"Someones in a hurry,"

"Yeah, I’m of to the hospital."

"Hospital, What for? Is one of the kids sick?"

"No Brad and Hayley." Sally didn’t get to finish her sentence.

"What! Hayleys here?" With the news, Irene footsteps quickend.

"God, what the blazers you doing here, girlie!!"

Irene was in shock, as she walked up and hugged Hayley.

"What you doing back here, where is Scott?"

"He’s not here, Irene."

"I can see that, but why. Not!!"

"We split up."

"Oh!! I see, right."

Irene then looks up at Noah. "You have grown, you was this big the last you was here."

They were interrupted by a small voice.

Katie tugged at Irene skirt. "Where is my mummy," she was now crying.

"Oh!! Hi sweetie," Irene looked very puzzled, as she looked up at Brad and Hayley.

"This is Katie, Cassie’s little girl. That’s Jake, her boy."

"What! Cassie’s, here in the Bay."

"Yeah, she’s had some kind of accident."

"Oh I see", You don't do it by half's, you kids do you. First your here. Then Cassie's back in the bay."

"Is my mummy dead?"

Hayley stood up, walked over to Jake and knelt down. Took his hand.

"I’m sure you’re mummy’s going to be fine."

Then Sally walks in. tears in her eyes.

Archived