Advice on boys

Guest ~Angel~

I don't get why guys have to be so secretive with their feelings...I've liked this guy for absolutely ages and my friend said she'd text him to see if she could figure how he felt about me, too. My friend and the guy have known each other for absolutely ages; a lot longer than I have known either of them, so I thought they'd be pretty close and so he'd be forthcoming with her about his feelings. Anyway, she text him and very subtly asked him. She was like, "You and Jess seemed very close this summer, is there anything going on between you guys?" She said it as a totally light-hearted joke. He has no idea that I like him, but it's true, we did become very close over the summer, we barely left each other's side for two weeks, and other people have commented on it, too. He text back and was like, "Don't be so cheeky...", so never gave her a definate answer. If he truely didn't like me, then I would expect him to tell her so, and similarly, if he did, I would've expected that he would tell her, since they've known each other for ages and have been very close in the past.

My friend has said that I'll know if he likes me, because I'll be able to feel the chemistry between us next time I see him. But...I don't know...

He's said in the past that I'm his best friend in the world and that he feels like he can tell me anything...obviously not everything...

I'm sorry if this post hasn't made much sense, I'm just so confused right now!

x x x

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jeh Jeh men are very complicated creatures. I've known my best friend since we were in primary school and I trust him with anything. We're so close he knows what I'm thinking most of the time before I do and I tell him everything. I know for a fact that he opens up to me more than anyone else in his life but I still find its like getting blood out of a stone getting him to talk about his feelings. I'll ask him something and he'll just kiss me on the head and change the subject, its so frustrating but thats just his way. What I'm saying is that just because he's been friends with your mate a while, doesn't necessarily mean he'll confide in her, especially if he knows she's close to you. I wouldn't take it to mean anything at all that he's not confiding in either of you.

^How old are you?

I'm sorry I can't offer much advice as this has never really happened to me. I'm sure that if this girl is the class cow then he will eventually see her for what she is.

11. Young.

Not much you can do. You could tell her she was out of order saying those things but that would depend on what sort of person you are because to do something like that, you're putting yourself open to being her next victim. If you don't feel you can say anything to her then the best thing is just to ignore her. There is very little you can do to turn the guy against her if he likes her. If you interfere you'll only end up making trouble for yourself. Afraid the best advice I can give is to grit your teeth and bear it. Eventually he'll see through her, there's only so long a person can keep up an act.

I know what you m,ean. I did stand up to her today though, as she picked on another girl one too many times. As much as it felt good, she really hates me now. Trying not to make it end up in a catfight.... :P

I just got the latest news on my friend. Apparently her mum(Me and my friends were talking to her mum) told her that she's the boss in her house(her mum and dad are separated) and she'll have to listen to her and she just walked out slamming the door behind her and they haven't heard from her since. I keep calling her phone and she says 'hi' and then when she hears me she hangs up. She hasn't eaten anything lately,she only had a biscuit this morning. I'm very worried now :( ... Could she have anorexia? :(

Angel, if she ever shows a SIGN of Anorexia you NEED to get her some help! Anorexia is horrible, even the slightest sign can be fatel! Take it from somebody who nearly died from it

A Quote from me from the Support Thered

Once I had huge problem, and it was a Eating Disorder...

It was horrible, It happened when I was 14 and now seeing Maddy on HAA made me relive the awful Moments...as loads of people have said, if you are making yourself throw up get help Please. You can only take this from a Person who has been through it.

I didn't eat for 3 Days strait, I swapped my Lunch in School, i 'ate'(or threw it in the bin) my Lunch and Dinner in my Room...then I started to get hungry so I stuffed myself and then got violently sick. It went on for weeks, and I was getting reasonably thinner. Until after a few months my Friend said to me "Kat, are you waring such baggy Clothes?" and I tried to come up with an excuse...but she pulled up my Jumper and was shocked. You could count all my bones and I must have been a terrible sight. I also started to get Pains and I was rushed to Hospital when I nearly Collapsed. I NEVER want to go through Anorexia again.

If anybody has a Problem, ask me. I got help from a Psychiatrist and she made me appreciate how I look.

She said the most common reasons for Eating Disorders were trying to impress a guy, having a bad feeling about yourself, emotionally confused and so forth. She asked me if My reason was one of those. It was all Three.

What I'm trying to say Is, Anorexia is Horrible, NEVER try a Eating Disorder. Appreciate who you are, because you are Special in your own unique way.

She ate when she got home which was about 8:30 pm and then she just went to bed(her brother was telling me this) and today she hasn't eaten anything, well not in front of anyone, Oh no, she's gone over to her ex-boyfriends house(don't know if he's her ex anymore :( )

Ok so I have a sort of problem. Last April this boy who I am friends with told me on MSN that he fancied me and I also fancied him. We went to Pizza Hut once but said that we shouldn't tell our other friends. This is because one of our other friends had started saying that we had got off at a party even though she knew we hadn't as I spent the whole time with her. My other friends thought the idea of us together was rediculous. He then never mentioned going out again which I was sort of pleased about because when we did go out it was awkward and I didn't know what to say. Now he wants to go to town and I don't know what to do because what if it's awkward again.

I posted the above a while ago. I'm seeing him on Saturday and am really nervous. We text all the time and talk on MSN but when it's face to face I just completely blank on what to say! Does anyone have any tips on getting over my nerves?

SummerBayRules - None. None whatsoever!!

Just remember, he wanted to go out with you, so there's no need to be nervous. He likes the unnervous you. He wants to spend time with you. You're already in there! Now you just have to enjoy it!

JehJeh - Lads don't talk about feelings. Not to anyone. Ever. It's sad, but true. You'll have more chance of getting the truth out of him than your friend, even if she has known him for aaages. You're in the same boat as him, whereas she is not.

So now who's always right? :P Sorry Nicole couldn't resist!

Well, I can be adult and nice enough to resist abusing you right now, like SOMEONE did to me.

I shall mention no names. :P

You've been talking about me again. On the Writers Etiquette thread. (Yes, I had to copy paste that name. I can imagine the spelling mistakes I'd make.. lol) Well, it made me smile. lol. It's amazing how much joy I get out of reading my own name... it makes me feel special. lol. :D

EDIT: I just realised I went on about my lovely lovely boyfriend, on a boy problem thread. That's quite mean. lol. So, edited and deleted. :)

there's been these rumours going around school that my boyfriend and my best friend fancy eachother and I'm seriously worried now. They're really good friends and they hang out with eachother alot...

EDIT: My friend's fine now. She was about to get back together with her ex but she saw him kissing another girl. So she marched up to him and said he was an idiot and if she ever needing someone to make her completely crazy about them and then get hurt she knew where to go. You go girl! :D

Archived