Closing Credits

Guest Angie_Russel

Well our ITV region is Scottish and I can confirm that this happened at least once. It was around 1997 or 1998 and I was so shocked to see the closing credits at the end but alas the next day they were gone again. I've since looked up that episode and found that ITV did cut a lot from it.

I thought it was January 1993 when Carlton took responsibility for the show that the cutting of the credits started? Im sure it was Carlton who took responsibility of the show (and Thames before them) on behalf of ITV.

The same thing happened with A Country Practice as in the later years their end credits were cut, however I remember the occasional episode where they were kept in due to a lot being cut from the episode.

I guess Home and Away was technically a regional programme as different regions showed it at different times, but im sure all regions showed the same episode each day unlike other aussie soaps which ITV screened.

• 6 years later...

I was looking through an unlabelled tape today and found the last few minutes of episode 1211 from the ITV Broadcast(The UTV region to be specific), shown in December 1993 in the UK and there were full length end credits. This rather took me by surprise as everything else has suggested that the credits were cut down around the time of Dale's death. I did later find a couple of 1994 episodes on another tape from the same region and they had shortened end credits.

Is it possible that the 1993 episode I saw would have had cut down credits in some regions and not in others or would it have been the same in all regions?

I was in Anglia and I'm pretty sure they didn't start cutting off the end credits here until the 1995 season.They cut the credits off an episode around the time of Dale's death but that was purely a one-off to make room for an extended recap when the evening showing got pulled, all the other episodes from that era had them intact.They also repeated some old episodes from that era with the end credits intact during a Christmas break.

Archived