Closing Credits

Guest Angie_Russel

I think the problem with ITV and a certain respect the BBC with Neighbours is that they tagged their soaps onto the end of their childrens broadcasting and in a certain respect wanted Home and Away and Neighbours to be childrens programmes when in fact, despite not being Eastenders or Brookside gritty they weren't exactly a big jolly in the park either.

The credits didn't actually disappear in all regions at the same time.

I think most regions stopped showing the credits in late 1993/early 1994 (our time), during the 1993 season, but Carlton (London) were still showing them about a year later.

Yes sorry, the years I gave were the season years, not the actual years they aired in the UK.

Ryan I think that was part of the problem. For while the show was on at 6pm (between the main news and the local news) and I don't think the cutting was so bad then. It definately got a lot worse when it went back to it's original 5.10pm slot. I also think from about 1998-2000 ITV were trying to squeeze the show into a slot of about 18 minutes (including ads) so they would cut anything they could get away with to save time.

Yes sorry, the years I gave were the season years, not the actual years they aired in the UK.

Ryan I think that was part of the problem. For while the show was on at 6pm (between the main news and the local news) and I don't think the cutting was so bad then. It definately got a lot worse when it went back to it's original 5.10pm slot. I also think from about 1998-2000 ITV were trying to squeeze the show into a slot of about 18 minutes (including ads) so they would cut anything they could get away with to save time.

So that explains it! I found it weird that most of my episodes in that period are 18 minutes instead of the standard 22.

Archived