Guest *dW*

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure if anyone post this.

November 11, 2006 03:21pm

Article from: AAPFont size: + -

Send this article: Print Email

ROVE McManus has cancelled this week's episode of Rove Live, after the TV host's wife Belinda Emmett died today.

Emmett, 32, died early this morning at Sydney's St Vincent's Hospital. Her husband and family were by her side.

A statement released by Network Ten said McManus' program, Rove Live, would not air on Tuesday night.

It is not known when McManus or the program will return to air.

"Ten will give Rove the time he needs away from the show and any support we can during this very sad time," the statement said.

Actor-turned-singer Toni Collette was to appear on this week's Rove Live, as was musician Pete Murray and Borat, the fictional journalist from Kazakhstan played by British comedian Sacha Baron Cohen.

"Network Ten notes with great sadness Belinda Emmett's passing this morning," the statement said.

"Our heartfelt sympathies are with Rove McManus and the Emmett and McManus families.

Rove Live is a talk show, featuring interviews with big name celebrities and musical acts.

It is co-hosted by comedian Peter Helliar.

It's about tuesday's show.

I just been watching some of the special features on "The Nugget" DVD that I got for my birthday a few years ago.

One of them was an interview of Belinda and Stephen Curry on Rove Live talking about the film and a quick interview with just Belinda. I always enjoyed watching them but now its strange now as Belinda has just died.

There is one scene that I will never forget, it was after some of the characters were fighting over the nugget and Cheryl (Belinda) told off the other woman with some harsh words. :D

I might watch the movie tomorrow as it will be good to see this good Aussie film once again!!

Jazer (Jarad) :)

Im in shock. I mean we all knew she was still sick, you only had to look at how frail she was whenever she went to awards with Rove. Just didnt know she was this sick. An absolute loss. Poor Rove. he is going to be devasted. They may just do a 'best of Rove live' on tuesday with extra interviews with this weeks stars by Pete. Hopefully Rove will just take the time off and grieve. i dont know about you, but i couldnt enjoy watching him, knowing how much pain he would have to be in.

It is so sad to think that she had the lump for 2 years but ignored it, and she looked so ill at the end. It is all the more poignant because Kylie is on Sky news with the start of her Aussie tour. Touch wood they caught her's early and she'll be ok. RIP Belinda

That is shocking. I remember reading a few months ago, she was about to launch her music career.

Is Belinda the first H&A cast member to die? I can't say I've heard of anyone else.

Poor Rove. I wonder what will happen on Tuesday night... Either Rove by Request or most likely, The Simpsons. I can't see him doing a new episode straight after her death...

I am surprised it has not yet been mentioned on the official Home and Away website.

I am sorry to hear of her death. I will be thinking and praying for her family.

I was actually reading my old diary entries about what had happened in Home and Away in 1996 and 1997. I mentioned Rebecca and I was only thinking about her over the past 2 days.

Archived