Belinda Emmett dies, age 32

Guest *dW*

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

from sydney morning herald

Actor Belinda Emmett, wife of television personality Rove McManus, has died after a long battle with cancer.

She died at St Vincent's Hospital, Sydney, early on Saturday morning, with her husband by her side.

"It is with great sadness we advise that Belinda Emmett's battle with cancer has ended," Emmett's publicist and friend Maria Farmer said in a statement.

"Belinda passed away just after dawn this morning at St Vincent's Hospital in Sydney with her family and husband by her side.

"Those close to her have requested respect for their privacy at this time."

Emmett grew up on NSW's Central Coast and got her acting break when she appeared on popular long-running soap Home and Away, playing Rebecca Fisher, between 1996 and 1999.

She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1998 at the age of 24.

The actor successfully underwent surgery to remove a malignant tumour, followed by six weeks of radiotherapy.

In 2001, Emmett was diagnosed with secondary bone cancer.

from sydney morning herald

Actor Belinda Emmett, wife of television personality Rove McManus, has died after a long battle with cancer.

She died at St Vincent's Hospital, Sydney, early on Saturday morning, with her husband by her side.

"It is with great sadness we advise that Belinda Emmett's battle with cancer has ended," Emmett's publicist and friend Maria Farmer said in a statement.

"Belinda passed away just after dawn this morning at St Vincent's Hospital in Sydney with her family and husband by her side.

"Those close to her have requested respect for their privacy at this time."

Emmett grew up on NSW's Central Coast and got her acting break when she appeared on popular long-running soap Home and Away, playing Rebecca Fisher, between 1996 and 1999.

She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1998 at the age of 24.

The actor successfully underwent surgery to remove a malignant tumour, followed by six weeks of radiotherapy.

In 2001, Emmett was diagnosed with secondary bone cancer.

Thats so sad. I just found and posted this same article in the News and Articles thread, thought it should probably go there too! Poor Rove!

I was very shocked when i heard about it. R.I.P Belinda.

I wonder if her plans to release her Album will still go ahead? It would be nice if they did that for her. Because she was really looking forward to her singing career. I really would have liked to have heard her songs.

There’s an inspirational interview on the Sixty Minuets site ironically I was reading the other day, http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/sixtymi...9/story_695.asp

Be aware of changes in your body - there is a poignant part in the interview as she says she was aware of a lump in her breast two years prior to being diagnosed! Shocking.

Archived