Belinda Emmett dies, age 32

Guest *dW*

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Such sad news :(

I met her back in 1998 and she was so nice and lovely (was the same year her cancer was diagnosed) and when I saw her perform at that years logies I actually told my friend something is up with her? and I was right I have a sixth sense about these things..

But what was good in a way was she got to see all her old friends like Kate Ritchie and the cast of H&A and All Saints that she worked on plus all her TV mates at the 50 years of television event one last time. but once again I was there at the red carpet that day and I said to my friend who was with me, I don't think she has much long to last.. and I was right again! unfortunately :(

RIP Belinda Emmett.

both people who played Rebecca have died now that is just weird.

Here is the Channel Seven one for anyone who is interested: http://send.defn.net/download.php?id=bribIUMEn6eyYsPi4QWh

SYDNEY, Australia (AP) - Belinda Emmett, a star of the internationally-televised Australian soap opera "Home and Away," died Saturday after a long battle with cancer, her family said. She was 32.

Emmett was best known for her character Rebecca Fisher, later Rebecca Nash, whom she played in the long-running drama between 1996 and 1999.

The program, which has been shown in about 50 countries and is particularly popular in the United Kingdom, began in 1988 and is still running.

Emmett was diagnosed with breast cancer in 1998 at age 24.

After a period in remission, Emmett was diagnosed with secondary bone cancer in 2001, while playing nurse Jodi Horner in the Australian hospital TV drama "All Saints."

She died in a Sydney hospital surrounded by family including Australian television talk show host Rove McManus, whom she married last year, the family said in a statement.

"It is with great sadness we advise that Belinda Emmett's battle with cancer has ended," the statement said.

Extreamly sad, espacially knowing that she was only 36. R.I.P Belinda.

Belinda was 32... My age! Puts life in perspective doesnt it!

my friend said they think they had a 1 min silence for her on ch 7

There was a 1 minute silence today, but not for Belinda! It is rememberance day here in Australia!

That is shocking. I remember reading a few months ago, she was about to launch her music career.

Is Belinda the first H&A cast member to die? I can't say I've heard of anyone else.

No Megan Connelly, who I think played rebecca Nash, actually replacing Belinda when she was first diagnosed with cancer died a few years ago. Correct me if im wrong, i think she replaced belinda?

How coincidental is that?

RIP Belinda, youll be forever missed. My thoughts and prayers go out to Rove, and the Mcmanus and Emmett families, and all their friends.

Megan Connelly, who I think played rebecca Nash, actually replacing Belinda when she was first diagnosed with cancer died a few years ago

Wow she can't have been very old either. Yeah Im pretty sure that there was 2 original Rebecca Fishers then Belinda then when she got sick it was Megan that replaced her.

The repeats were on tv here a while ago and it was the period that she was on. It showed how sick she was when you saw that and photos of her at the logies etc. It's really sad that she was finally in remission to be diagnosed again. She was a great actress and seemed like a really lovely person.

Archived