What's In A Name?

Guest kase

Okay so I've been so slack with updating it's not funny. But here's chapter seven, which is much more a filler chapter than anything. I've had trouble with this fic because I had this idea right at the start and now I don't know how to get there and make it seem...believable? So well, I hope you all bear with me :) And so sorry about the delay!! Enjoy.

Chapter Seven

‘Luke,’ I panted. I had caught sight of him from the sand and had sprinted up to join him. He was walking to school.

‘Hey Belle,’ he said, smiling.

‘Do you wanna hang out today?’ I asked.

‘Yeah sure,’ Lucas replied. ‘We can at lunch or afterschool.’

‘What about now?’ I asked, hopefully. Lucas raised his eyebrows. I smiled. ‘Right, of course not. Not my nerdy Lukey anyway.’

‘Hey!’ He said, punching my arm playfully.

‘Can I walk you?’ I asked.

‘Sure.’ We walked silently towards the school as the morning sun glared in our direction. ‘Where did you stay last night?’

‘Around,’ I replied. He didn’t push it. I wasn’t sure that I could go back to his place after the reception I was given the night before. But truth be told, I wanted to be as far away from anybody as possible last night. So I vouched for a sleepless night on the beach.

‘Well I’ll see you later then,’ Lucas said as we neared the school. I saw his head turn as Matilda walked past us.

‘I’ll make sure you do,’ I said sweetly and just that bit louder, as I pressed my body against Lucas’ and gave him a slow kiss on the cheek. I turned to give Matilda, who had been watching us, a smug look. ‘Bye Lukey!' I said brightly and hurried off.

‘Just sign here,’ Constable Chooky said to me. I grinned appreciatively at him and leaned down to sign the papers in front of me as he answered the phone. I watched him playfully as he took down the details, his eye caught mine for a second and I winked at him. He grinned into the phone. ‘Right, no worries. Thanks. Bye’

‘So,’ I said. ‘Aston.’ I smiled. ‘Where are you staying?’

‘I’m sharing with a mate,’ he answered lightly.

‘Whereabouts?’ I asked, interested.

‘Near the diner?’ He replied.

‘Really?’ I exclaimed. ‘I’m actually staying down that way too. When do you get off work?’

‘Well,’ he said, laughing. ‘I actually just started.’

‘Oh right,’ I said. ‘Well maybe next time I’ll make sure I come at a better time, maybe you could take me home.’ I gave him a wink.

‘Right,’ he said.

‘What?’ I asked. ‘Is that against protocol? Isn’t a police officer meant to look after civilians when they’re in need?’

‘That’s the idea,’ he replied, slightly amused.

‘Well,’ I said softly, leaning in forward. ‘What if I told you there were some needs of mine I needed taking care of?’

‘I believe Constable Nadar is needed more urgently at the moment,’ a stern voice said from behind me. I turned to see Peter looking at Ash with a flicker of annoyance and anger. ‘You’re on patrol now.’

‘Sure,’ he said, picking up his cap. I smiled widely at him.

‘And you Belle,’ Peter said. ‘You can leave now.’ I rolled my eyes.

‘I wouldn’t want to stay here any longer with you anyway,’ I muttered.

I grinned at Rocco as he and Cassie walked into the diner for their lunch break. He ignored me and grabbed Cassie’s hand, guiding her to the cake display. A few moments later Lucas appeared.

‘Hey,’ he said. ‘Ready to order?’

‘I already have,’ I replied happily.

‘Thanks for waiting,’ he replied sarcastically.

‘You snooze you loose,’ I said. ‘So how was school?’

‘Crap,’ he replied. ‘Ms Fletcher was in a bit of a mood after finding out three people completed their assignments on time.’ I laughed.

‘Well, can I be safe in assuming you’d be one of them?’

‘Probably,’ he replied, grinning before his mobile went off. He plunged his hand into his pocket and pulled it out, reading the screen. ‘Hey Belle, I’m really sorry but I gotta go.’

‘What? Why? Is anything wrong?’ I asked.

‘No, I hope not,’ he said, looking up at me. ‘Matilda wants to talk to me actually. She’s been acting really strange lately.’ I raised my eyebrow.

‘Right,’ I said coldly. ‘Run along then.’ Lucas stared at me.

‘Belle – ’

‘Just go,’ I snapped.

‘No, I’m sorry, I didn’t think you’d mind,’ he said.

‘Of course you wouldn’t,’ I snapped again. ‘I never mind anything. You go running to her Luke.’ I stood up and marched out of the diner.

‘Belle? Are you alright?’ A voice said behind me. I turned around.

‘Oh it’s you,’ I replied darkly.

‘Look,’ Peter said. ‘I don’t understand why you have it in for me so much, as I’ve only been doing my job.’ I scoffed. ‘But obviously you’re distracted by something.’

‘Well I don’t need to talk about it, if that’s what you’re thinking.’

‘I didn’t expect you would,’ he replied honestly. ‘But I figured you’d want to vent your anger at somebody, who better than your favourite law enforcer.’ I glared at him. ‘Well, just don’t do anything stupid. Or anything illegal I should say.’ I rolled my eyes. He started walking away before I turned to glance at his back.

‘Peter,’ I cried. I walked up to him. ‘How do you deal with Drew?’

‘Is that what’s bothering you? Drew and Amanda?’ He asked.

‘I just wanted to know how you could put up with a son like him,’ I snapped.

‘Well obviously I’m more angry at Amanda as she’s older,’ he replied. ‘And she manipulates people.’ He looked down. ‘I should know,’ he muttered darkly. I guess I should have remembered that he was also involved with her at some stage. Though the thought disgusted me even more; that she could now move onto his son.

‘Well whatever,’ I shrugged. ‘He’s a jerk anyway.’ I started to walk away.

‘Don’t be too harsh on him Belle,’ Peter cried out after me. ‘Amanda can be over empowering.’

‘It doesn’t make it any less his fault,’ I said angrily. More to myself than to Peter.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 months later...

As I promised Kat and Jess, I will be continuing this story. You've both been so good to me with your brilliant fics that updating is the last I could do. Don't get too excited yet though, it's really really short. But I figured if I post it I'll have to continue ;) I wouldn't be so surprised if no one else remembers this story as it has been so long again. Sorry for the dodginess, I'm finding it so hard to get back into, but I am trying! I hope you like it anyway.

Chapter Eight

I heard the wind whistling against my ears, while my eyes stung from the tears threatening to escape. I blinked vigorously, agitated at the sand blowing against my face.

A storm was coming. Yes, how cliché.

Reminisce

And there he sat next to me, staring at what I had become. His dark curls overgrown, or more overgrown than the last time I had seen him. His broad shoulders bare, his wife beater covering up every ounce of sex appeal you could have on a body like his. Funny that I could reminisce upon every curve. He held his hands together, as if scared to be too overpowering. Like when he pushed me against my bedroom wall, or when he would cup my face with them. Wanting to explore me. Every part of me. My stomach dropped in disgust, I shook those thoughts out of my head.

“Taylor…” he started.

“What do you want Drew?” I snapped. The image of those hands running through long blonde hair made my face flush. I stood up suddenly, realising the mistake I had made. “Forget it, I shouldn’t have come.” Humiliation overcame me as I realised how damaging he was to me, how much power he still held.

“Please Taylor,” he said, grabbing my arm lightly. “You came for a reason.” I glared into his eyes, and saw how much he still cared, which scared me even more. I wrenched my arm from his hold but sat back down anyway, facing the wind again.

“What do you want Drew?” I asked, in a voice that not only sounded on the verge of breaking, but weak and pathetic.

“I wish I could take it back,” he said. “I wish I wasn’t so weak. I wish I knew then how lucky I was. And that I had grown up and wasn’t chasing some sick fantasy. I wish I could take all of it back Taylor. I can’t justify what I did, which is the worst thing. Just let me prove to you Taylor, just, just let me earn your trust again.” I didn’t realise that I was holding my breath. I sighed deeply. I felt tired, I just wanted to sink into a deep slumber. I closed my eyes.

“I can’t trust you anymore,” I said. “I can’t trust you, my mum, my friends, my…anybody. I cannot trust a soul Drew.” I turned and looked him in the eyes. “You did this to me.”

I walked away from him no longer feeling angry, only completely and utterly devastated.

*bounces like a schoolgirl* That was FANTASTIC

Of course, I re-read the chapter before to remind myself, but damn Kase, you sure know how to turn a phrase. And how to write Drew/Belle lust!!! *SQUEEEE*

Okay, so I loved Chapter Seven. Belle seriously is amazing through your eyes [and words] she has spunk and wit and everything they kinda ditched from her character on the show that made her such a unique individual.

‘I’ll make sure you do,’ I said sweetly and just that bit louder, as I pressed my body against Lucas’ and gave him a slow kiss on the cheek. I turned to give Matilda, who had been watching us, a smug look. ‘Bye Lukey!' I said brightly and hurried off.

I laughed so much at this. The girl knows what to do, and isn't afriad to **** off those who hate her. Its great. Grand even. God I miss all the teens not getting along and being best friends. Those were so the days!

I LOVED her cracking on to 'Aston' too. Shes wild and doesn't give a damn and guh. I cannot sing enough praise for how you write Belle! And then her moment with Peter. I loved it, which leads me to Chapter Eight, and EVERYTHING from descriptions to emotions - you NAILED it.

Like when he pushed me against my bedroom wall, or when he would cup my face with them. Wanting to explore me. Every part of me.

You know, I so wouldn't mind being pushed against the wall by Drew either. It was so real and vivid, and Drew's apology tugged on my heart-strings. But this...

“I can’t trust you anymore,” I said. “I can’t trust you, my mum, my friends, my…anybody. I cannot trust a soul Drew.” I turned and looked him in the eyes. “You did this to me.”

... just broke my heart. Shes vulnerable and its all your fault Drew! She hates you and what you did to her. It just made me feel so bad for her even more, and just shows how many sides to her character you write PERFECTLY.

You can't take it away now that you've given it back to me!!

Thank you Jess :) I'm glad you liked it! As always, your reviews inspire me to write more. I love writing Belle and Drew chemistry, they have so much of it. Unfortunately that was goodbye for Belle and Drew, but maybe after I'm done with this I might do a Belle/Drew story. They (Drew):just too :wub:

You know, I so wouldn't mind being pushed against the wall by Drew either.

I don't think many people would mind either :wink:

I've already started the next chapter so there should be something up in a day hopefully. But after this weekend, I'll be dedicating my week to Harry Potter too ;) *dances at the thought*

*feels proud for writing a longer chapter*

Chapter Nine

If there was one thing that would have made me come back to the Bay, this was not it.

The specks of raindrops had turned heavy by the time I made my way under the shelter of the shower block outside the Surf Club. I breathed in the deep smell of rain mixed with the smell of the beach. Rain seems a hundred times louder when it is crashing into the sea.

You would have thought the weather was mocking me.

I heard an angry shout come from behind. I looked up to see Rocco approaching me. He looked agitated but oddly flustered.

“Hey,” I said indifferently.

“Hey yourself,” he said. “Look,” he breathed. “I want my money back, okay?”

I sighed and looked away from him. “I’ve already told you,” I said exasperated. “I – ”

“You cannot have spent that much money on grog in one night,” he said flatly. “I want you to pay me back. I know you took a lot more than you’re letting on.” I closed my eyes, trying to close myself to all my problems.

“Please,” I said slowly. “Just leave me alone.” I looked at him in disbelief. “Don’t you think I wouldn’t be stealing from you in the first place if I had some source of income. I can’t pay you back. Just cut your losses. You shouldn’t have even been doing that **** in the first place.”

“I don’t care how you do it,” he said angrily, through clenched teeth. “Just get me some money back.” I felt my pulse quicken at his anger.

“Don’t tell me what to do!” I shouted, and saw him look around and trying to avoid drawing attention to us. “Don’t push me around. I’m on a good behaviour bond and you know what? I might just let them know all about your little schemes on my next visit.”

“Don’t threaten me,” he said suddenly, grabbing my arm roughly. I felt his grip tighten as I struggled to break out of it. His voice was almost at a whisper. “You don’t know what you’re messing with…you have no – ”

“Belle?” I heard a voice from the car park. Rocco had already let go of my arm. I looked up to see Peter Baker approaching. Rocco seemed to leave pretty quickly, but I did not miss the look of panic on his face.

“Hey,” I said, staring back at Rocco’s figure as he walked away.

“What was that all about?” Peter asked.

“Nothing,” I said, trying to sound casual and curious.

“Looked a bit intense from where I was standing,” he stated.

“It’s nothing,” I said firmly. A silence passed between us as I started to feel slightly weary. “Was that the only reason for approaching me?” I asked, hoping he would get the hint. He gave me a resigned look.

“Stay out of trouble Belle,” he said. “And even though you are in a bit of it, if there is anything else going on, you can come talk to me.” If I were in the mood, I probably would have retorted or scoffed. But quite frankly, it was too much effort to care.

“Thanks,” I said, smiling briefly at him. We stood there for a moment, listening to the rain pour harder. “Err…So don’t you have police stuff to do?”

“Trying to get rid of me?” He asked gently.

“Well,” I started. “No offence Officer but I usually don’t hang out with Detectives during my free time.” He grinned to himself more than anything.

“Okay, I guess I just wanted to check you were okay,” he said. Another moment passed before he explained. “I heard things did not go very well with Drew.” I nodded.

“You heard right obviously,” I said. “But you don’t have to do the whole ‘I feel bad because my son didn’t turn out the way I wanted so I failed as a father and need to do something to ease my guilt’ kinda thing…or maybe ‘cos you’re a cop you like to play hero to the troubled damsel.”

“I wouldn’t have thought you’d label yourself a damsel Belle,” he said.

“Isn’t that what everyone sees me as?” I asked. “The victim? The one needing rescuing”

“Maybe they do, and maybe they don’t. But since when do you care?” I let out a laugh.

“Never,” I said, knowing neither of us believed it. I nodded. “Well, thanks for the pep-talk Detective Baker but we both have things to do.” I turned to walk away.

“Where are you going Belle? You’re not seriously staying outside tonight are you? I mean, the beach is bearable to an extent…”

“You must really think I’m crazy,” I called out. “Can you not see that horrendous weather?”

“Oh I don’t know,” I heard him say. “I find the rain refreshing actually. Kind of washes away your problem.” I turned around and nodded.

“How insightful,” I smiled, rolling my eyes.

Somehow though, as I kept walking, I felt some comfort hearing the rain pour down just a little bit harder…

*is proud of her for writing a longer chapter while facing the most exciting book release this side of... well, whatever the last exciting book release was!!*

You're amazing. Belle is perfect through your words.

Rain seems a hundred times louder when it is crashing into the sea.

You would have thought the weather was mocking me.

The imagery you can create is amazing. The atmosphere you have her in is beyond anything. And her interaction, within herself [the inner monologues stand out!] and then with other people, especially Detective Baker in the last couple of chapters is just brilliant. Her nochalant manner is just so breath-taking, I'm forever being reminded of the spunky, don't-give-a-damn character that began on out screens.

And Rocco... ohhh, you have me intrigued now. Is he actually a baddie in this... what will he do to Belle... or what would Belle do to him? Its all so exciting!!

Somehow though, as I kept walking, I felt some comfort hearing the rain pour down just a little bit harder…

Stom metaphors ROCK. lol. And just, guh. You tell me know that its the end of Drew/Belle for this story, so I can't wait to see where you take her character. Plus, I'm holding you to the Drew/Belle story. Even if its a one shot. You can't take it back now :P

Thank you for the review guys! :)

Plus, I'm holding you to the Drew/Belle story. Even if its a one shot. You can't take it back now

Lol, I've done it now! Hehe, I don't think it could be too hard (I hope) because Drew and Belle just sizzle.

Rocco's a bit like Snape then? Don't know if he is good or bad (See what I did there? See? See?) :P But no, you'll see. He has many shades, like the real him. Woot Harry Potter fever. No, I can't think of what the last exciting book was either Jess. Anyway, I always appreciate your reviews (you are way too flattering! lol)

An update will come some time when I've calm down after the last book :D

Archived