What's In A Name?

Guest kase

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I really appreciate it! :)

It's okay Jess, I'm gonna be good and I'm putting off writing for a bit over a week until I've finished. Then I'll have alllll summer :) Yay! And it's good to keep you guessing! You'll have to wait a while until much happens with Belle and this unrevealed other :ph34r: Hehe. Thanks again!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Wow, its been almost two months. I'm SO sorry about the lack of writing. Writer's block plus enjoying my new found freedom :P . But like I promised Jess, I've been doing some writing so here's an update! I've done more, but I'll update that gradually as I need to fix things. Hope I haven't lost too many people!

Chapter Four

‘Well geez,’ I said, turning over on Lucas’ bed onto my back. ‘It must be awkward having both Rocco and Ric in the same house.’

‘Yeah probably,’ Lucas said, from next to me. ‘But that’s life.’

‘I can’t believe Cassie even went back to Macca in the first place,’ I said. ‘She should’ve known something was bound to happen.’

‘Yeah well,’ Lucas defended. ‘That’s what love does I guess.’

‘Pfft, love,’ I scoffed. I turned to look at Lucas and crawled closer to him. ‘Don’t tell me you’ve fallen for that excuse.’ I ran a finger down his cheek and along his chin, grinning flirtatiously.

‘Er..Belle?’ Lucas stammered. Poor kid, bet his never been put in a position like this before. From the sounds of things he and Matilda’s relationship had been pretty tame.

‘What is it Lucas?’ I asked sweetly. ‘Up for some action?’ His eyes widened but before he could answer we heard a voice from the door, followed by the handle being turned.

‘Hey Luke, do you feel like a movie – ’ Matilda stopped suddenly as soon as she saw me. A look of shock and hurt displayed on her face. She looked at Lucas, who had sprung about five feet away from me. But he couldn’t disguise himself if his life depended on it, his face flashing with guilt and confrontation. ‘Um, sorry,’ she stammered. ‘Belle, hi.’

‘Hey princess,’ I greeted dryly. ‘What’s up?’

‘Right,’ Matilda said. ‘Um, not much. You guys are busy, I’ll leave you to it.’ With that she turned around before either Lucas and I could get a word in.

‘What was that all about?’ I asked, rolling my eyes and looking at Lucas, who just shook his head. ‘Talk about being a drama queen.’ He didn’t say anything. ‘Lucas,’ I said, leaning on my elbows. ‘You still don’t have a thing for her do you?’

‘Well, we’ve gotten closer,’ Lucas said, shrugging. Then rubbed his hair in frustration. ‘She’s probably got the wrong idea about us now.’

‘Luke! She thought you lied to her about Dean,’ I exclaimed. ‘Not to mention she led you on before hooking up with him in the first place! Don’t tell me you’d consider getting back together again.’ Lucas sighed.

‘Things have changed since you left,’ he replied stubbornly.

‘Obviously,’ I said. ‘Well, I’ll get out of your hair then.’

‘Come on Belle,’ Lucas started but I had already reached his door. Geez, what was I? Jealous? No, freaken way. Just that Lucas was way too good for that bimbo and I was not going to support him falling into her trap again.

But whatever, that was his own hole to dig. I had better things to worry about.

‘Belle! Belle!’ I groaned as I kept walking. ‘Please!’ I finally stopped to turn and face her.

‘Yes, Mother?’ I greeted stoically.

‘Oh, I’m so glad you’re back! I’ve been so worried,’ she cried, wanting to reach out to me. I took a step back and her face fell. ‘I’m so sorry darling. I wanted to explain, but you had already left. I thought I’d give you some time but it was too late. Belle,’ she said, looking as dramatic as she could muster, ‘I never meant to hurt you, I was just - ’

‘Confused,’ I snapped. She stopped. ‘Save it, leave me alone.’

‘Belle no!’ She cried, as I walked away. I could hear her heels tapping on the concrete as she tried to keep up. ‘I love you!’

‘Did you love the present I left you last night?’ I called over my shoulder. I smiled smugly as I heard the tapping come to a halt; her stunned silence was enough to make my day.

‘So, it-it was you?’ I heard her stammer. I turned around, my eyes flashing.

‘Yeah it was,’ I said strongly. ‘Now are you happy I’m back? Because you know what, I’m going to make sure you get exactly what you deserve.’

‘You broke the law,’ she said, perplexed. ‘You could be arrested!’ She cried. I laughed.

‘What are you going to do? Dob me in…Mother?’ I added as I turned around and walked away, leaving her feeling helpless, worthless, betrayed. Like somebody who has been stabbed. Like a pathetic loser.

At least I could tick her off the list of people I had to confront on my return.

Unfortunately, I did not realise I would have a new person I needed to avoid. I rolled my eyes as he approached me angrily. His shoulders were blaring, buffed out as if it would give him equal-God status. Before he could even mutter a threat I sighed exasperatedly.

‘We’ve been through this, you don’t know I took your money.’ I felt his hand link roughly around my arm as I walked past him and he spun me around, glaring into my eyes.

‘I think we both know the truth,’ Rocco said through grated teeth. I yanked my arm angrily out of his grasp and gave him the most defiant look I could.

‘Fine,’ I said, pulling my backpack around from my shoulder and plunging into it until my hand clasped what felt like cold plastic. ‘Take it,’ I said, flinging the drugs into his hands and walking away. He was both shocked and agitated, looking around to see if anybody had us in view before hastily shoving the package into his pocket.

‘Are you insane?’ He yelled.

‘Hey!’ I replied angrily. ‘You confronted me.’

‘Where’s the money?’ He demanded, ignoring my last comment, and walking after me.

‘Leave me alone!’ I said, bored.

‘Where is it?’ He asked even more forcefully.

‘Alright,’ I cried, turning around to face him. ‘I spent it okay? You want to share some whiskey?’

‘You’re going to pay me back,’ he said, eyes blazing.

‘Or what?’ I asked. ‘You’ll tell Cassie?’ Whatever he was going to say he decided against and I smirked as I realised I had him cornered. ‘Or maybe I will instead.’

‘You wouldn’t dare,’ he almost whispered.

‘You don’t want to take that risk,’ I said. ‘Or I’ll ruin your perfect life. I’ll tell Sally. Oh and I’ll tell Cassie about last night. And if you don’t believe, ask her about what love loss there is between us.’ I leaned closer to him, saying calmly, ‘it’s okay, I don’t mind if that cheating slut gets her heart shattered.’

And if there’s anything I’ve learnt about myself lately, it’s that I have no sympathy for cheaters.

Is it possible to feel this much love for a story? I just about hugged the computer when I saw that you'd finally updated! And then I danced a little!

First of all, you write Belle with so much passion, conviction and vegence that it gives me goosebumps. Mainly because shes one of my favourite characters on the show and you write her, if possible, better, than where she's at now. Because the spunk is still there.

Secondly, I'm falling in love with the love/hate/aggression relationship between Belle and Rocco. I'm actually not even sure theres love, more my eyes reading between the lines and finding layers of hidden lust, but I believe that potentially could explode through your delicious use of words.

Poor kid, bet his never been put in a position like this before. From the sounds of things he and Matilda’s relationship had been pretty tame. I loved that line. So typically Belle. ‘You broke the law,’ she said, perplexed. ‘You could be arrested!’ She cried. I laughed. She sounded so evil there. And if possible, I loved her even more.

His shoulders were blaring, buffed out as if it would give him equal-God status. Wonderful description there and then I felt his hand link roughly around my arm as I walked past him and he spun me around, glaring into my eyes. the sexual tension comes into play. Maybe I'm reading far too much into it, but anger and angst makes for a very intense relationship.

I've missed this story, please don't make me wait too long for another update! I'll beg if I have to!

Thank you so much Jess for your lovely review! :) I'm glad you're loving this story, and Belle. I'm loving writing her! I laughed when I imagined you hugging your computer. Thanks so much!! I've got an update but it's a tad shorter and a sort of filler. But there's more to come and more drama. I'm glad you're liking the Belle/Rocco intensity. I'm still unsure about where I'm taking this story, as I'm doubting my initial unconventional couple, and no it isn't Belle/Rocco. You're making me seriously think about going that way though, LoL. But I'll see where it takes me :) Anyway, enjoy!

Chapter Five

I crept silently across the carpet, my feet hardly making a noise. The moonlight surrounded his room, as he slept blissfully unaware. Gently, I lifted the doona he had over his bare back and pulled my right leg in. Swiftly my body was wrapped in his arms before he could realise what was going on. His reaction was instantaneous, he practically leapt out of bed.

‘Shhhh!’ I said hurriedly, as Lucas squinted in the dark.

‘Belle?’ he whispered. ‘What are you…’ Suddenly realising he was in nothing but a pair of jocks, he pulled some of his bed sheet around his torso. I rolled my eyes and fell flat against the bed. ‘Belle,’ I heard him whisper out of panic. ‘You can’t be here.’

‘Luke,’ I whispered back, turning to face him. ‘I have no where else to go. Please, can I stay here for tonight? We can share.’ I could see the innocent untainted boy fighting against the nobleman inside him before he resigned.

‘Alright, whatever,’ he said. ‘But I’m sleeping on the floor.’

‘Suit yourself,’ I said happily, and ploughed myself lower into his already warm bed.

But my little source of comfort was short lived. After what felt like I had just closed my eyes, I was jerked away by my arm being shaken rapidly.

‘What the?’ I muttered angrily, thrashing in defence.

‘Shhh!’ Lucas whispered. ‘Belle, get out of here!’ Now that was no way to treat a guest. I pulled myself into a sitting position to see a fear stricken Lucas glaring down at me, as I heard people stirring next door. I sighed before Lucas cried, ‘hurry!’

‘Alright!’ I said, ‘I’m going.’ Before I had even had my foot on the ground I heard the door handle turning just as I felt my body slam against the floor.

Oh, he did not just push me.

‘Lucas?’ I heard Matilda’s voice from the door. ‘Hey, I thought you were awake. Are you okay?’

‘What? Yeah I am,’ he replied. I noticed his voice was more shaky and slightly higher than usual. ‘Couldn’t be better,’ he added in an almost sing song voice. I almost groaned aloud.

‘Oh good,’ I heard her reply. ‘I wanted to tell you breakfast is ready.’

‘Great!’ Lucas said a bit too quickly and I felt the mattress of the bed spring upwards. ‘Great, we better go then.’

‘Are you sure you’re okay?’ Matilda asked. I could hear the suspicion in her voice.

‘Of course,’ Lucas replied. ‘Just hungry, you know?’

‘Well okay,’ Matilda said, sounding slightly more convinced but I noted an air of nervousness in her voice. Something told me Lucas was not the only anxious one in the room. ‘Um look, I also wanted to talk to you about something.’

‘Really?’ Lucas asked.

‘Yeah,’ Matilda replied slowly. ‘It’s about us.’

‘Oh,’ Lucas blurted. ‘Can it wait?’ There was an awkward silence and I could only assume the look on Matilda’s face gave away the tactlessness of Lucas’ reaction.

‘I mean, until after breakfast.’ Pause. ‘We’d have more time.’ I sighed.

‘Right,’ Matilda stated coldly. ‘Sure, we can wait.’ I had a feeling Lucas would be waiting a long time now.

‘Wait no Mattie – ’ I heard the door slam. I popped my head up to see Lucas looked terribly defeated.

‘No offence Lucas,’ I said. ‘But you handled that really badly.’ He glared at me, but I shrugged at him. ‘Hey! At least you got out of a possible reunion, you two are really not good for each other.’ I sprung from the floor, and flinging myself over his window. ‘Catch you later Lucas,’ I said, pulling my shoes and backpack from under his windowsill, glancing at Lucas I could still see the frustration etched on his forehead.

Next part, here we go :)

Chapter Six

Some people say lying on the beach for hours on end, sand between your toes, sun glazing over your body, is the perfect dream. Well it could be, until you feel the sand creeping into your clothes, the grease building up on your face, and you observe the more arrogant and self absorbed people flocking into the water.

‘Hey watch it!’ I cried, as water speckled onto my right arm. I sat up annoyed to find Matilda Hunter wrapped in her towel.

‘Sorry,’ she said. Though she did not sound it.

‘Are you sure about that?’ I asked. She turned and looked at me, her bored eyes almost daring to roll themselves.

‘Is there a reason for me to do that?’ She asked, one hand on her hip.

‘Judging by the jealousy written on your face when you saw me with Lucas the other day, then yes.’

‘Right,’ she scoffed, looking away. ‘Like there’s anything to be jealous of.’

‘Bet you aren’t really sure about that,’ I said, almost tauntingly. I raised my eyebrow at her and felt satisfaction wash over my body as I saw the flicker of doubt written on her face.

The sun was still glaring down at me when I heard a police car drive in front of me. Detective Baker opened his door and walked up to me, I could see Constable Nadar remaining inside.

‘It’s a good thing we ran into you Belle,’ Peter said. I raised my eyebrows.

‘Good for you or me?’ I asked.

‘I’d like you to come down to the station with me,’ he said. I could hear a hint of pride in his sick voice.

‘What for?’ I asked, folding my arms.

‘We have further evidence to suggest that you were involved in the damage of Amanda’s car,’ he replied.

‘Yeah?’ I asked confidently, though I could feel my smile dropping. ‘And what proof do you have?’

‘A witness has claimed they have heard a confession from you.’ I blinked.

‘A witness?’ Silence. ‘Who?’

‘You!’ I yelled angrily at her. Rage racing through my veins. ‘You told me you were sorry!’

‘Belle please understand,’ Amanda cried. ‘I am sorry about what I’ve done. I was a terrible mother, but I realised I would be a worse mother if I let you sink yourself lower and run off the rails.’ Unbelievable. I stared hard at her. My eyes were cold. I breathed hard.

‘You’re a traitor, and you’ll always be a terrible mum,’ I said simply, walking into the interrogation room.

‘So you understand the conditions of your bail?’ Peter asked. I nodded. ‘Right, just make sure you are not late when you report in.’ I nodded again. Must have driven the sympathy bug in him because he said more gently, ‘you’ll probably end up with a good behaviour bond and at worse community service.’ I looked up at him and shrugged.

‘I’ll see you tomorrow,’ I said numbly and I could still feel his eyes on my head as I walked towards the door. I didn’t sympathy though, as rage overtook my body. I was sick of being pitied.

The last thing I expected was to collide into him.

My body froze as I met his eyes. My feet fell paralysed to the ground. I could hear my heart beating loudly. My breaths were large. I read his eyes. Shock. Urgency. Guilt. And Pity. Before he could utter my name I walked out of there. Away from the person who had tore my heart apart, and shoved it down my throat. I kept walking as I heard him run after me, calling my name. I just kept on walking; because I had already run, and I knew deep down, running was no longer an option.

Holy crap! First of all, I can't believe I missed that you updated this before today! Secondly, I can't believe you'd be as cruel as to continue to taunt us with the lack of significant details *coughs*names*coughs* in your chapters! Urgh! But... more on that later.

Chapter Five Review

Pfft, filler chapter my ass! It still pushed a storyline along. And it still had Belle, which is so enough for me!

I could see the innocent untainted boy fighting against the nobleman inside him before he resigned. That is Lucas down to a tee. The perfect description! Oh, he did not just push me. hehe, in giggles here, because of Belles tone, and because of Luke's anxiousness. That boy will never learn. I loved Belle's almost running commentary as she listen to the Luke/Mattie interaction - her mind is pure gold, and your writing of her continues to amaze me! ‘No offence Lucas,’ I said. ‘But you handled that really badly.’ Oh Belle. Shes so wonderful.

I really enjoyed the tone that chapter carried, it was lighthearted compared to others, which have been angstier, but continued with the same wit and humour that Belle always manages to carry. And sarcasm, lets not forget that. And then then, after reading that, I moved down to find out that a) no one had reviewed (and I became rather angry at myself for missing the update) and b) that there was more, which made me very excited. So..

Chapter Six Review

The opening paragraph was so far removed from the other parts of this story, and I loved it! The imagery was beautiful, basically creating a paradise before tearing it down... and I love that Belle always manages to see the bad in things. Shes so cynical. Its great!

‘Hey watch it!’ I cried, as water speckled onto my right arm. Ha! Water speckled gave me the image of a few flimsy drops, but I love how she reacted. The Matilda/Belle interaction was just so believable, so realistic, and it made me miss the hate/hate relationship they once had. I hope it stays to add another element of drama into this story.

And then, the cops come. ‘You’re a traitor, and you’ll always be a terrible mum,’ Her anger towards Amanda is still so raw and kind of, all consuming of Belle. I think its a huge part of her, the fact that her mother turned out to be the worst kind of person, and betrayed her in the worst possible way - and I have a feeling that (alongside this afformentioned AU relationship) are going to be large storylines for this story. But thats completely okay, because you write it so well, and it doesn't ever drag!

But wait for it....

The last thing I expected was to collide into him.

The ambiguity of him was great, as was the following paragraph. Its like her heart broke again as she saw him (a him which I hope is Drew... has he been introduced yet? I can't remember... must go back and read the chapters again!) And she ran. She always seems to be running these days. And I have a feeling one day she won't be able to run any more.

Any who, you've drawn me in again, and I'm loving this regualar update thing! Its totally working for me! As for your AU pairing... I'm still waiting for it to be introduced :P But until then, I'm fully on the Rocco/Belle ship, because seriously dude, how can you not want to exploit the lust/hate that you write between them SO WELL!

*grumbles* maybe if more people read decent stories such as this and Return to the Bay instead of cliched J&M ones then they'd be on the AU ships that I'm sailing on.

Anyways, I hope this review at least made up for the one I forgot to give for the last chapter! As always, I loved it! I can't wait for it to continue! But I also hope your having a blast on your Summer Holidays!

Kase I read these chapters a few days ago but I was holding off reviewing until I could take my time and give you a constructive review. This story is so good that I feels it deserves more than a one line review. Unfortunately I don't think I'll be able to have time to review properly for a week or so and you deserve to know that they were great chapters, really fantastic writing and completely compelling. I will review in depth as soon as I get chance.

Wow! Thanks for such an extensive review Jess. Don't worry, I tend to miss updates nowadays too, especially if you aren't on more than once a day! There are so many fics that an update is pushed to the second page in a couple of hours!!

Hehe, thanks for the compliments! And you're right, it is Drew. I suppose I didn't use his name because like you said, it was like her heart broke again. She was very unprepared so I wanted to make it seem like she didn't want to accept it. And no, he hasn't come in yet :P

As with the AU pairing, I'm taking this slowly because it is very unconventional and I'm worried if I don't do it properly it will just not be convincing. And you can still cheer on Rocco and Belle, because I think they would be a pretty good couple...hmm...*ponders about oneshots if i dont go down that route*

Kat, thanks for your comment. I appreciate it :) And yeah, I know what you mean by reading things and not having enough time to review. Take your time :) I'm just glad you liked it.

I'll try update soon :) Thanks a lot guys!

Just caught up Kase and its brilliant. You write Belle so well, and I love her teasibng relationship with Lucas I can really picture the look of fear on his face when she climbed into his bed. The tension betwenn Belle and Rocco is fabulous I cant wait till something happens between them. I cant wait for more it really is a great fic, well done.

Archived