What's In A Name?

Guest kase

I love Drunk!Belle. She's so funny, so brilliant, so cool. I loved her reaction to Chooka, that was classic. And also her reaction to Peter. I'm guessing we're going off current Aus episodes, but not, at the same time, and thats going to make things very interesting. Besides that, you write Belle brilliantly. She's got the spunk back thats missing, and for that, you are truly amazing! I cannot wait for more!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Jess! Glad you enjoyed it. I can see why you love to write people drunk, they are so much fun! :)

Well it sorta is at the moment. Basically the story is Belle left the bay and she's come back. And what has happened in that time is a mix of my own events and things that have happened on the series. You'll discover them as Belle does.

Oh dear, I think I just made a major mistake in including Peter and not having a spoiler warning. I completely forgot about the Non-Aus spoilers. Hmmm, better do something about that! Sorry if I've ruined it for anybody.

Thank you Jess! Glad you enjoyed it. I can see why you love to write people drunk, they are so much fun! :)

Well it sorta is at the moment. Basically the story is Belle left the bay and she's come back. And what has happened in that time is a mix of my own event and things that have happened on the series. You'll discover them as Belle does.

Oh dear, I think I just made a major mistake in including Peter and not having a spoiler warning. I completely forgot about the Non-Aus spoilers. Hmmm, better do something about that! Sorry if I've ruined it for anybody.

Great update Kas, loved it. Jess's right you do write Belle so well.

Thanks guys! :) It's nice to know you're all enjoying it so far. Now let me warn you, the pairing in this story is going to be quite unconventional...I really hope I write it convincingly enough though! Or it will really fall apart. Anyway, because I'm nice I wrote another chapter. :) Enjoy.

Chapter Three

My name is Belle Taylor. But what does that tell you? Considering ‘Taylor’ comes from my dad, who isn’t actually my real dad, and ‘Belle’ isn’t even my real name.

So it’s been about a month since I left Summer Bay. My first night back wasn’t the most uneventful of nights. And my first morning back wasn’t the most pleasant of hangovers either. But I still managed to make my way out of the mess.

‘I didn’t do it,’ I had said, looking at Morag. ‘I was drinking, and I came across the car. Then Constable Chooky here threw me in his car and took me down here.’

‘You were the only person at the scene,’ Ash said.

‘Doesn’t mean I was in the car,’ I said, looking at Morag.

‘That is a good question to pose Detective Baker,’ Morag interjected. ‘Was there any evidence suggesting that Ms Taylor was in the vehicle? Any prints?’

‘No,’ Peter said, as I smiled largely at him. ‘But we’ve discovered the car was not broken into. It was opened with a key. Belle has had the opportunity to access Amanda’s keys when she was staying with her.’

‘Did you find the keys on her when you found her Constable?’

‘No, I didn’t,’ Ash replied.

‘Well,’ Morag said. ‘In that case, I believe that you have not had enough evidence to convict my client of these charges. At worst, she was indulging in underage drinking. I believe that, if you did not want to cause any more trouble, you allow her to go or she herself may have a case of her own about being imprisoned here based on little, excuse me, no evidence.’ I had let out a satisfied breath. Check. Mate.

So, here’s the thing: Maybe, I had used a key, that I made a copy of, to open my mother’s expensive car. And maybe, only maybe, I had taken it for a joyride, wearing gloves of course. But although I wanted to dump it in the middle of somewhere, perhaps damaging it a bit, I didn’t mean to drive it into a tree. Somehow, it seemed like I had done a good job though and after taking the keys and gloves off and dumping my backpack behind the Surf Club I decided to hit the bottle shop. I didn’t intend for my drunken self to stumble back to the crash site though, but I assume it must’ve been a good idea at the time.

With my backpack on my lap, I sat on one of the seats outside the Surf Club as I observed the people around me. I looked around slightly unsettled, unsure of whether or not I wanted someone familiar to walk past.

Especially him.

When he spotted me from the entrance of the Surf Club he pretended to look away, very contradictory to his actions last night. After glancing inside a few more times he walked up to me.

‘Hi!’ I said brightly, but he didn’t seem to be in a happy mood.

‘You stole my money,’ he said.

‘Oh but you don’t know that,’ I said. My smile lengthening.

‘Look,’ he said, his eyes darkening. ‘You don’t want to be messing with me. I want my money back.’

‘What are you going to do?’ I asked, shrugging. ‘Go to the police and tell them I took your drug money?’ He stared angrily at me and before he responded a familiar voice called out from behind him.

‘There you are!’ A girl said, appearing at his side before noticing me. Her expression changed to shock as she realised it was me. ‘Belle!’

‘Hey…Cassie,’ I said, smiling uncertainly. Maybe this day was getting interesting. I raised my eyebrows at the boy next to her.

‘Where have you been?’ Cassie asked, oblivious to his discomfort. ‘Irene has been worried sick.’

‘I’ve been around,’ I said, shrugging, flashing a grin at him. ‘So…you’re still at Irene’s then.’

‘Yes I am,’ she said. The silence was starting to become awkward, so I decided to break it.

‘So, this isn’t Macca I notice,’ My insides jumped with satisfaction as I saw her face darken.

‘Um, no,’ Cassie said. ‘This is Rocco. Rocco, Belle.’

‘Hi Rocco,’ I said sweetly. I turned to Cassie. ‘So this is the guy that you left the other guy that you cheated on with Ric, for? Confused much? I know I am!’ I let out a laugh, as Cassie’s face flushed even darker. She shook her head.

‘You really haven’t changed at all,’ she said snidely. ‘And you don’t know a thing about my life. Come on.’ She said, pulling Rocco’s hand into hers while she led him away.

Well that was an interesting encounter.

‘Oh Belle!’ I heard a voice from behind me. I turned to find myself being swept into Irene’s arms. I laughed.

‘Hey Irene,’ I said. She let me go and studied my face. Oh god.

‘Morag told me you were back,’ she said, before the lecture came. ‘God girl! What on earth were you thinking?’

‘Oh Irene!’ I argued. ‘Didn’t Morag tell you I was let off?’

‘Yeah well she has her doubts over what really did happen,’ she mumbled, adding, ‘As do I.’ She looked me intently in the eye. ‘Are you going to come back and stay with me?’ I let out a laugh.

‘No way, Irene,’ I said. ‘I mean, as much as I appreciate your offer. I’m not staying in the same house as her.’ I rolled my eyes. ‘It’s cool, I’m crashing at a couple of friends’ places.’

‘Look Belle, Cassie has gone through a lot,’ Irene said. ‘Besides, you don’t have to stay in the house all the time. I’m just offering meals and a bed. Need I remind you, the last time you said you were with friends didn’t turn out to be true, did it?’ I rolled my eyes.

‘Thanks Irene,’ I said, smiling a little at her. ‘But no thanks, not this time.’ I saw disappointment and worry flash across her face before I added, ‘I will see you around though.’ She laughed, pulling me in for another hug.

‘Of course sweetie,’ she said. ‘I’m glad to have you back! I can’t believe you just took off like that.’

‘That’s life,’ I muttered.

As I walked away from Irene, I felt a twinge of guilt. And hurt. And a little more loved. Always nice, huh? Yeah well, so what if Cassie wasn’t the only reason I wouldn’t stay? The truth is, I can’t stay with Irene because I know I’ll drag her down with me. Irene is one of only two people I have any respect for in this town. The other person being -

‘Belle?’ I heard from behind me. I smiled. I twirled around, my arms outstretched.

‘Lukey!’ I squealed, anticipating a hug. He laughed and awkwardly wrapped his arms around me. ‘Good to see you again!’

‘Yeah, you too,’ he said. He pulled away, obviously he was too close. ‘Have you been drinking?’

‘Not really,’ I said, pursing my lips and raising my eyebrows. He nodded, unconvinced.

‘It’s only ten Belle,’ he stated. I leaned closer.

‘It’s only been one drink…Lucas,’ I whispered. He leaned back and folded his arms.

‘Oh yeah? What about last night?’ I dropped my smile.

‘You heard.’ I said. He nodded.

‘Damn straight, everyone has heard,’ he said. He shook his head. ‘What happened to you Belle?’

‘Hmm, well lets see,’ I replied sarcastically. ‘My mother dearest shacked up with my boyfriend, that’s what happened.’

‘You still shouldn’t have just taken off,’ Lucas said. ‘Irene would have taken you in. I would have stood by you.’

‘It seemed like the plan at the time Lucas,’ I said flatly. We walked further in silence. I wondered if maybe I was thinking rationally that night.

‘I’m really sorry about what happened,’ Lucas finally said. I smiled up at him.

‘Thank you Lucas,’ I said.

‘Are you coming back to school?’ He asked. I laughed. ‘Sorry, stupid question.’

‘It’s cool,’ I said, brushing it off. ‘Now tell me, what’s the deal with this Rocco character.’ Lucas looked at me curiously. ‘And why the hell is Peter back from the dead?!’ He laughed, pulling me in for a hug, as he started to explain the normal occurrences in this um, simple town.

Constable Chooky... hehehe, she's so brilliant. Okay, so when you said it was unconventional, and then reading her interaction with him before it was him, I had a feeling... and got giddy... first Rocco (mmhmm, thats where my feeling lay)... and then Luke came into the picture... Lukey and Belle... drinking before noon... man, I love this story!

You sure know how to keep a reader captivated. I love how you're intertwining all the current storylines into this one story, and slowly explaining things, I love it! I stand by my word, you write Belle like no other... with spunk and guts, and the ability to lie her ass off! Can't wait for more! (But don't write so much you distract yourself from study... :ph34r: )

Archived