What's In A Name?

Guest kase

A Belle-centric story! Yay for Kase. I loved it, it was dark, intense, yet witty, quirky, and so Belle like. And whats even better, its practically an AU story, which are so much more fun! And this is only the beginning. Belle seems so sure of herself, so confident, so... willing to go there... to get what she wants. I can't wait for more!

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alternate Universe... not of this world, if you will :P AU Pairings... are any that haven't been put on the show. So...

Luke/Belle would have been AU until now

but now they are cannon, which is basically any pairing thats been put on the show.

Ohhh, I forgot to mention, good luck with the rest of your exams too, I bet you're killing em!

Another edit *sighs* I should say it all together. AU pairings can also be characters from the show paired with original characters too. Ric/Anna is an AU pairing because of that too. Have I made sense? And don't worry, I had no idea what an AU pairing was until like, two months ago.

Thanks Jackie!! Appreciate it :)

Hehe, complicated Jess, didn't think there was a formula/catergories in the realm of Fan Fiction. Well, this fic will definitely have an AU pairing. Bit unconventional, but hopefully it'll work.

Hi guys! Thanks so much for the lovely comments. Here's the next bit. I must warn you it's not something I would usually write (involving the law and all that police stuff) so bear with me if I get any information incorrect. It's only a scene to set up things. If that makes sense. Anyway, enjoy!

Chapter Two

So I found myself asking how on earth I ended up in a police station at three in the morning, my clothes dirty, my head spinning, and my hair a mess. Realising the answer I let out an hysterical laugh, causing a not so subtle cough from the constable sitting next to me.

‘Are you ready to give us an explanation about what you were doing tonight?’ He asked. I giggled.

‘Which part…’ I looked closer at his badge, ‘Aston?’ I grinned widely at him and leaned forward, resting one elbow on the table. I ran my fingers through my hair until I got to the tips, twirling it around my index finger. He let out a sigh.

‘It’s Constable Nadar thank you.’ I mimicked an ‘Oh’ and wiggled my eyebrows at him which caused him to run his hand through his hair in what I could only believe to be frustration.

‘Look,’ I said, leaning forward and touching his lap softly. ‘Constable Nadar. How about I make this simple? I want to get out of here. And if you let me do that, I won’t tell anybody you let me. And I’ll totally make it worth your while.’ I could see a frown working across his face and I decided that it would be much more fun to watch him squirm as I brushed my hand higher on his lap. He stood up suddenly with surprise.

‘Now you listen to me,’ he said, slightly taken aback. ‘You are in a lot more trouble than your intoxicated mind can contemplate at the moment. But someone will be here to take care of this soon.’

‘Oh really?’ I asked, feigning shock. ‘Who?’

‘The person who happens to be inspecting the vehicle that you stole while drunk,’ he said, leaning forward. ‘And damaged when you drove it into a tree.’

‘It wasn’t me!’ I exclaimed loudly, banging my palms on the table and then folding my arms.

‘Well, can you tell me why you were in an unfit state when I found you, laughing at the damage?’ I opened my mouth in horror, appalled at his suggestion.

‘Well,’ I said obviously. ‘It was funny. And, - ’ Before I could finish I heard the door open and I almost let out a cry. I covered my mouth with my hands in shock when I saw Peter Baker walk in. I opened my mouth but no words came out.

‘Aren’t…’ I finally managed to mutter, ‘Aren’t you supposed to be dead?’ I wondered if maybe I drank a bit too much tonight. Though he obviously wasn’t as shocked as I was, there was still a linger of surprise in his eyes as he saw me sitting across the room.

‘This is the girl you found next to the car Chooka?’ He asked the Constable.

‘Chooka?’ I asked, unbelievingly, looking up at him. ‘He calls you Chooka?’ ‘Chooka’, of course, ignored my comment and spoke to Peter as if I wasn’t there. Talk about rude.

‘Yes, I found her with the vehicle obviously under the influce,' he explained. ‘I haven’t been able to convince her to tell me her name and I found no ID on her.’

‘Well I know who she is,’ Peter said, looking back at me. ‘She’s Amanda’s daughter.’

‘Amanda?’ Ash asked, surprised but after a moment he nodded, understanding.

‘Yes,’ I said, rolling my eyes. ‘A-maaanda. The one who owns the freaken Porsche. The one who deserves to rot in hell.’

‘So you took your mother’s car for a joyride to get back at her?’ Peter asked, though it wasn’t even a question.

‘No,’ I said. ‘I found it there.’

‘And you expect us to believe you Belle?’ Peter asked, walking over and leaning over and looking me in the eye.

‘Well…,’ I say sweetly. ‘Yeah?’ He sighed, and ran his hand through his blonde and very overgrown hair.

‘Okay Belle,’ he said. ‘Tell us your movements from twelve A.M.’ I huffed, and crossed my arms.

‘No,’ I stated. ‘You’re trying to trick me. And I don’t have to tell you anything without an adult and without a lawyer. Of course, seeing as it’s too early to call anyone you’ll have to let it go.’ Peter nodded, shrugging. I let out a huge smile.

‘Sure, we’ll wait until morning,’ he said. ‘For now, Constable Nadar can you please accompany Ms Taylor here to the cells.’ I let out a laugh but when Constable Nadar walked over to me I realised that Peter wasn’t joking. My smile dropped.

‘Hey, whoa, Wait,’ I stammered. ‘You can’t do that.’

As he slammed the cell door shut I felt the vibrations echo around the cell. I stared after the son of a bitch as he walked off. Sighing, I fell back on the small bench against the wall. Great, welcome back to Summer Bay Taylor.

Archived