High School Musical

Guest Amir

I think the photos were taken for another guy. I don't know about her being 15, though.

If they were meant for Zac then he has to be the one that leaked them, meaning there would be a big stir over that. And there isn't. It's obvious an ex of hers has released them just cos he can.

Yeah true! He could be have put them up because he wants to get back at her or try and ruin her career in HSM!!

I think that the Disney channel shouldn't replace Vanessa because if they do the younger ones will want to knmow why whereas if she is still on it they dont really need to know as they wont know the difference!!!!!

Oh and x_kym_x Disney channel should have the normal one on during the week if its not on today! :wink:

Oh and hopefully that makes sense!!

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So many lies on the internet :P

First, she ISN'T getting replaced. There were rumours about Adrienne whatever (Chanel from the Cheetah Girls) replacing her, but Disney has confirmed that those rumours are false. And if Imdb says that, it's wrong.

Second, she was 15 when the photos were taken (they were taken for her boyfriend). I unfortunately came across them, and no way she was 18 when they were taken. They were taken around the time when she was in Thunderbirds, which was when she was about 15 in 2003. An ex boyfriend leaked them (apparently the same guy who leaked the photo of her doing the fingers).

To be honest, I have no respect for Vanessa and dislike her but if she were to get chucked, I think that would be a stupid mistake. They were taken way before she got into HSM, and I suspect she never intended for them to be leaked on the internet.

Hmm... I do hope you're right, but I've read on loads of places she's not doing it anymore too. There's no way to find out which websites or right and wrong until HSM 3 I guess. :(

I thought next year... but, that was just an assumption. I think it might be a cinema release! :o

I just thought I'd write down what I know, in case anyone thought it sounded familar or knew of any official info that could knock it off...

She was 18 when the photos were took. She took them while Zac was filming Hairspray and sent them him because she wanted to keep him interested. I'm fairly confident about the 18 year old fact, as I've ready many quotes from her saying this.

Disney dropped her. I have read both, but I'm still pretty sure Disney have 'fired' her, because I also read a quote from Vanessa's rep arguing this, saying that "They can't SACK her, as they don't own her" - meaning that she never actually denyed Vanessa being rejected for HSM3. :(

And the IMDB is normally right to be honest. But... we'll see. :) I do hope you're right. If you find anything on the trusted websites, let me know. :) I've told all my friends that she's not in it now. :P

*sigh*

Go join disneychannel on Livejournal, and read through all the pages.

Here's one article..

It seems that nude photo of Vanessa Hudgens making the rounds on the net was taken when the starlet was 15!

An ex-boyfriend, Adam O’Neal has come forward and claims Hudgens snapped the photo in her bedroom and sent it to him after the two split up. “It was like she was saying, ‘Look what you’re going to miss.”

According to O’Neal, the two dated for 3 months and split up just before Christmas in 2003. Three weeks later he received an email from Hudgens.

“She said she still wanted to be friends with me, and she was sending me a picture.

“Up came the picture on the computer and I realized I was looking at Vanessa — standing stark naked and looking right at me.

“I’d never seen her in the nude before, but I recognized the background. The picture was taken in her bedroom and she must have taken it with a camera sitting on the dresser and set on timer.

“I was so shocked I couldn’t think of anything to say. I just messaged back, ‘Thank you.’”

O’Neal says he was stunned when he saw the same picture on the internet recently.

Not saying he was the one who posted the photos, it was another ex...Justin something. That's who everyone is saying leaked the photos. If she was 18 when she took them, and sent them to Zac then how the hell did this guy get them??? Which is why I believe she was 15/16. There were more pictures too, and in some she was wearing a 'Justin' necklace.

Furthermore, there have been lots of articles posted about V not getting dropped. Here is one...

NEW YORK (AP) -- Vanessa Hudgens' representative has confirmed that a nude photo circulating on the Internet is indeed the 18-year-old star of Disney Channel's wildly popular "High School Musical" series.

Vanessa Hudgens plays Gabriella, the brainy love interest of Zac Efron's basketball star, in "High School Musical."

"This was a photo which was taken privately," said Jill Fritzo, Hudgens' publicist, on Friday. "It is a personal matter and it is unfortunate that this has become public."

The photo shows the 18-year-old actress standing naked in what appears to be a bathroom, with a red shower curtain behind her.

The Disney Channel (part of the Walt Disney Co.) denied a published report that Hudgens will be dropped from the upcoming feature film "High School Musical 3." That movie is in development and negotiations with the stars are incomplete.

Disney had no further comment about the pictures.

Hudgens portrayed Gabriella, the brainy love interest of Zac Efron's basketball star in the first two "High School Musical" movies. The two are said to be dating in real life.

"High School Musical 2" attracted more than 17 million viewers for its Disney Channel premiere in August, the most-watched television program of the summer. A feature film "High School Musical 3" is planned.

And lastly, another one (sorry that they're so long!)

NEW YORK - The Walt Disney Co. is sticking with the 18-year-old star of its wildly successful "High School Musical" franchise, despite her "lapse in judgment" in posing for racy photos that were leaked to the Internet.

Vanessa Hudgens apologized Friday for the photos, which show her smiling as she posed naked and in underwear in a bedroom with a red curtain behind her.

"Vanessa has apologized for what was obviously a lapse in judgment," said Disney Channel spokeswoman Patti McTeague. "We hope she's learned a valuable lesson."

She said negotiations were ongoing to land all the actors for a "High School Musical 3" feature film — including Hudgens.

Hudgens, who played the brainy Gabriella in the first two made-for-cable TV movies, told her fans she was sorry.

"I am embarrassed over this situation and regret having ever taken these photos," she said. "I am thankful for the support of my family and friends."

Hudgens' publicist, Jill Fritzo, wouldn't say anything about who took the pictures and how they slipped out onto the Internet.

The bookworm Gabriella was the love interest of Troy, the basketball star played by pinup king Zac Efron. The sequel's premiere on Disney Channel last month attracted more than 17 million viewers, making it the summer's most-watched TV program.

Hudgen is a superstar among the preteen set, and Disney has spun a wide merchandising net around the series with albums and concert tours. She and Efron reportedly date in real life, making them big attractions for celebrity magazines.

The films' wholesome nature — for a company that has made its name on family-friendly fare for generations — is a big part of its success. Parents can relax with their children watching, knowing it won't make for any uncomfortable questions.

Gabriella and Troy coo, they make googly eyes, they barely kiss. Gabriella would doubtlessly blush at the idea of a young actress posing for nude photos.

If Disney executives had cut ties to Hudgens, not wanting the company's name associated with anything not G-rated, they would have run the risk of upsetting a formula that has made the company millions upon millions of dollars.

How would parents explain to the show's young fans that the old Gabriella was being replaced by another actress?

"That's her private life, not her public life. That picture got leaked by somebody who broke a trust with her," said Michele Smith of Westborough, Mass., whose 8-year-old daughter Kathryn is a devoted "High School Musical" fan.

Dropping her from future movies or other "High School Musical" projects would not only be unfair to Hudgens but to fans such as Kathryn, Smith said.

"If Vanessa is not in the movie, my daughter would not be so excited to see it," she said.

Smith said she hopes that Kathryn doesn't hear about the photo but, if she does, she's prepared to talk about it. She'll say that it's something private for Vanessa that shouldn't have been shared.

The best thing for Disney was to do nothing, said Michael Levine, a Hollywood image consultant and author of 18 books.

"What they shouldn't do is make a bigger deal out of it than is necessary," he said. "The picture is not salacious."

Michael Sands, a publicist whose clients have included the divorce attorney for Britney Spears' ex-husband Kevin Federline, said Hudgens should be commended for coming forward quickly and saying it was her pictures.

"She's very talented and this is a big cash cow for Disney," he said.

Archived