I gave up Sydney for Casualty

Guest Di

Oh SHUT UP Kip! You arrogant self righteous twat!

What a stupid thing to say, you don’t even know the guy. He doesn’t seem like that at all, he’s just stating what’s fact, if you’re an actor over here and in H&A or Neighbours your acting skills won’t really be recognised as the show is just deemed a joke itself anyway, and that’s usually due to ignorance. I have to say though, it never used to have such a tag as it does these days, it used to be well respected during the 90’s and before.

But to say he is an arrogant twat is being absolutely ignorant in itself. If understand if he actually said Home and Away was the worst thing to happen to me, I don’t owe it anything…etc But he clearly doesn’t.

I live in the Uk so I know all about Aussie actors moving here and the UK's reaction to them, thanks.

And no, it wasn't ignorant of me to call Kip an arrogant twat. Ignorance means having no or little knowledge on a given subject. This is not the only interview in which Kip has bad mouthed H&A and made himself sound like some kind of God fo Acting. He has done it countless times, which means I have every right to the opinion I made.

Thirdly, a quick glance through this thread reveals almost everyone agrees with me, so maybe you should have thought about why everyone was so quick to agree? Instead of assuming none of us have any right to this opinion and you clearly know better (even though you obviously haven't read any of the other interviews).

I suggest YOU stop being so ignorant and check your facts before questioning mine.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ignorance means having no or little knowledge on a given subject. This is not the only interview in which Kip has bad mouthed H&A and made himself sound like some kind of God fo Acting. He has done it countless times, which means I have every right to the opinion I made.

Thirdly, a quick glance through this thread reveals almost everyone agrees with me, so maybe you should have thought about why everyone was so quick to agree? Instead of assuming none of us have any right to this opinion and you clearly know better (even though you obviously haven't read any of the other interviews).

I suggest YOU stop being so ignorant and check your facts before questioning mine.

Id be interested in reading what you perceive as ‘bad mouthing’ Home and Away and making 'himself sound like some kind of God fo Acting'.

Of course you’re entitled to your opinion, I never said you wasnt, I simply said I personally thought your comment was stupid having never known Kip personally (plus not liking people stooping to personal attacks or insults on humans you actually don’t personally know or have been in contact with).

I actually have read previous interviews with Kip, and your perception of him, similarly to everyone else that probably sheepishly agrees with you, is obviously valid as a long standing viewer of the show - I just personally don’t agree with that perception. I have seen him as an actor whom knows what he wants, has confidence in his talents and does what it takes to pursue them (and that DOESNT seem to include bad-mouthing H&A).

Its cool, everyone can say what they want and have there opinion, I just think you have to have something valid to back up your reasons for bad-mouthing people, when in fact it looks like your just reading into things that aren’t actually there. Plus remember, and as we should all know being members of a forum, words are written without a tone of voice to emphasise how we really feel – that’s where the media go wrong constantly, and they love it.

^you're opinion is valid but he should be aware we can only judge him by the media and what he says,as people do and i'm sorry but he never says anything positive about the show.I think he should be more grateful to it as he probably wouldn't be in casualty which is supposedly sooo much better then h&a without it.

Of course you’re entitled to your opinion, I never said you wasnt, I simply said I personally thought your comment was stupid having never known Kip personally (plus not liking people stooping to personal attacks or insults on humans you actually don’t personally know or have been in contact with).

This is the only part of your post I actually agree with. If you have a personal dislike for people judging/making opinions on others they have never met then I understand your previous reaction to my post about Kip and I'm sorry that my harshness upset you.

However I have said before this forum is for opinions. I'm not here to stoke anybody's ego. This forum isn't for Kip or any other H&A actor or writer. It's for us, and the day I'm not allowed to post a negative opinion on an interview just because I don't know that person in real life is a sad day!

I can't watch Casualty anymore. Not that I ever watched religously but I used to watch sometimes. But the past few weeks I've been changing channel whenever he came on screen and there's no point in watching half a show, so I'm just going to stop watching.

Casualty always kinda scared me as a child, but I used to watch it on and off. Now that Kip's in it I doubt I'll watch it again. I really disliked him towards the end of his stint in Home and Away. And I have to agree that he does come across as somewhat egotistical.

I disliked Scott (except in the very early days) and I dislike Kip from what I know of him, but I quite like him in Casualty so far. His character isn't perfect (the Doctor Dolittle thing is a cliche) but he's likeable enough and has potential. To be honest, it wouldn't take much for me to like him, as any character he plays has got to be better than Scott.

Archived