I gave up Sydney for Casualty

Guest Di

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:lol: I've had my laugh for today. Thanks!

He should really keep in mind that without Home and Away he would be nowhere. And I really mean nowhere, he's got no acting talent at all.

So next time you want to open your mouth and talk crap about what made you well-known, just don't

The thing with Casualty is its in a better time slot so they can have things like explosions, deaths, blood and they can make it grittier. I will probably get shot for this but i think its no secret that some of the actors in HAA aren't great but they do what they can with what the writers give them. Casulaty is grittier but thats due to the fact the writers can produce more things in depth without the fear of restrictions or complaints.

They are set in two different places. British actors have a different acting style to Australians and the watershed times are a problem for HAA. Kip was just trying to get that point across; it doesn't mean he is ungrateful for his time at HAA. On top of that i saw Kips first episode on Casualty and it wasnt that bad; much better then his HAA days...

They are set in two different places. British actors have a different acting style to Australians and the watershed times are a problem for HAA. Kip was just trying to get that point across; it doesn't mean he is ungrateful for his time at HAA.

Read some of his other interviews, that might change your mind

Get out of my life Kip Gamblin. Even when you're not on my screen you distress me with your embarrassing ego. It's not that he annoys me particularly, I just feel bad when people embarrass themselves and don't seem to learn. Surely he must understand how vile he comes across in these interviews when he carries on about Home and Away in this manner.

The writing's better on Casualty? I've never heard a positive word spoken about it personally, but I guess it's all in the interpretation. Well I hope the writers don't make the mistake of giving Kip a love interest or several front burner storylines. He doesn't seem to like that.

I won't rest until this idiot is no longer an modestly successful untalented actor. What must he be teaching those poor kids? "Daddy was given a plum role on a very successful TV series which propelled my career much further than my talent warranted. However I must not show any gratitude or class about it. I will take every opportunity to make sure people know I'm so far above the show that made me famous. And I want you kids to do the same when you're grown up. Oh and to my son Kelly, I'm sorry for giving you a girls' name, but you know how your mother is. I wanted to give you a man's name, like Vivien."

:lol: Lol, that really made me laugh! I completely agree with you, he doesn't give any credit to the show that made him famous.

Oh SHUT UP Kip! You arrogant self righteous twat!

What a stupid thing to say, you don’t even know the guy. He doesn’t seem like that at all, he’s just stating what’s fact, if you’re an actor over here and in H&A or Neighbours your acting skills won’t really be recognised as the show is just deemed a joke itself anyway, and that’s usually due to ignorance. I have to say though, it never used to have such a tag as it does these days, it used to be well respected during the 90’s and before.

But to say he is an arrogant twat is being absolutely ignorant in itself. If understand if he actually said Home and Away was the worst thing to happen to me, I don’t owe it anything…etc But he clearly doesn’t.

Kip may have been a professional dancer before Home and Away but he was not famous or well-known. His career highlight before Home and Away was being part of the chorus in "Moulin Rouge".

I've never heard Kip say a positive word about Home and Away. I think every comment made about the way he comes across in all his interviews is warranted. He's consistently shown a lack of class or respect and while it's fair enough that he doesn't have to like everything that he was involved in with Home and Away the kind of bashing he's giving it is not helping the show's image. Everyone else who works on Home and Away, like Kate Ritchie and Daniel Bennett, deserve better than to have some egotistical upstart take every opportunity to bash something so publicly that they put so much effort and love into with such venom.

And Home and Away and Neighbours have *never* had the respect that they deserve for what they do for the TV industry in this country. If anything at the end of last year public opinion and reviews about Home and Away were more positive than they've ever been. This year has been more mixed. In general all soaps will be treated like a joke, always. Happens everywhere.

Archived