What year are you in at school?

Guest -Emily-

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get it. Why do you go up a year in the middle of the year?? I'm Year 10 and I will be in Year 11 next year when school starts again. Someone care to explain how it works everywhere else?

In the UK, our academic year stars from September to July, and then a holiday, and then we go back again in September, and we finish school in yr 11. Then it is our choice if we want to continue with education, if so we go on to college, or sixth form, which is year 12 and 13.

I don't get it. Why do you go up a year in the middle of the year?? I'm Year 10 and I will be in Year 11 next year when school starts again. Someone care to explain how it works everywhere else?

Do you get a 'big' holiday at the end of the year, where you are, or just lots of little ones?

heya! im goin in2 5th yr after da summer!!! *yay* LOL!! :lol:

Ooohh....5th year.....let's just say that I'm glad that I've finished :P Nah, it isn't that bad really, you just have to make sure that you keep on top of all your work and you'll be fine. :)

To answer the question of the thread I was in year 10 and start year 11 this fall :)

:P

This is my 800th post :D:D

Congratulations on 800 posts!

Im the same, i finish year 10 in 2 weeks or so.

What date do you finish then? 2 weeks seems pretty late...I've already finished as I was in Year 11, but term officially ends on Friday for me.

Archived