What year are you in at school?

Guest -Emily-

In Austria you go 3 years into kindergarten, you start 4 years of primary school when you're six. In the 4th year you become 10, then you go to I don't know what it's called in Englisch, we say Gymsanium. You stay there 8 years and then you go to university.

Hey, we don't have anything that really compares as we pretty much go the same type of school where the classes are sorted by how intelligent you are/ what classes you take.

Btw, I'm assuming you mean Gymnasium? We don't have an exact translation, as high school covers any type of school from years 7-13 (NZ) 7-12 (AU)

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...

In Austria you go 3 years into kindergarten, you start 4 years of primary school when you're six. In the 4th year you become 10, then you go to I don't know what it's called in Englisch, we say Gymsanium. You stay there 8 years and then you go to university.

Hey, we don't have anything that really compares as we pretty much go the same type of school where the classes are sorted by how intelligent you are/ what classes you take.

Btw, I'm assuming you mean Gymnasium? We don't have an exact translation, as high school covers any type of school from years 7-13 (NZ) 7-12 (AU)

Yeah, I meant Gymnasium, sorry. :)

I'm kinda in ninth grade now, but I'm thirteen.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived