Only You And Me

Guest da_love_goddess

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I'm on my holiday and I thought I'll just write a short chapter since I haven't updated in a while. Hope you like it and please review.

:) Thanks, Natalie

Chapter 4

Jack had just finished his shift and was going for a run around the headland. The sight of the ocean from up here was beautiful and the cool breeze was blowing through his hair. From here, he could see a dark-haired girl sitting at his favourite spot. Was it Martha? He jogged to the cliff and there was no mistaking it, it was Martha and she had her head rested on her knees.

"What's wrong Mac?" Jack asked.

"Oh. Hey. I didn't see you there. Well after I went with my father, he took me to his office and told me of his little proposal. Guess what it was? It was a job offer. He said that I couldn't work in a juice bar forever and he had a real job for me. He wants me to head some international construction projects of his." Martha said.

What was Brett's problem, Jack thought, there was nothing wrong with working in a juice bar. Anyways, who would want to work for Brett.

"So what are you gonna do, Mac?" Jack asked her.

Martha took a deep breath and said," I'm going to say no to that offer. Taking that job would mean leaving Summer Bay, you, all my friends and family. Anyway how bad would it be to work with my father like veryday."

Martha knew that she was doing the right thing. Maybe this job could mean living abroad and lots of money but she wasn't interested in all of that if it means leaving all the wonderful things she had here in Summer Bay.

"I'll go and tell him right now as he really wants to know. I can't wait to see his face when I tell him," Martha told Jack.

"Ooh, good idea. Take a picture of his face for me. And tell him to remember to pay that fine of his," Jack said cheekily.

"Will do," Martha replied.

And with that Martha headed away from the cliffs and back to the roads of the Bay. It was only a short walk to Macklin Corporations and when Martha got there, the door was wide open for her to go in. She walked to the door of her father's office and saw that it was open so she let herself in.

"Hi. I've come here to tell you that you can take your stupid job and shove it somewhere else," Martha spat out.

The look on Brett's face was priceless. His eyes were popping out of its sockets and his jaw had dropped. "Don't you dare talk to me like that, young lady. So what if you don't want the job, as if you could have done a good job anyway. I was just trying to be nice to my only daughter but since she doesn't want it, I'll just take it somewhere else. But don't think that you have seen the last of me around here," Brett snarled. He quickly exited the office and out the building.

Martha followed suit and after exiting the building ran home. It was great to be in the comfort of her home and she just wanted to forget what had just happened. But there was something bothering her. What had her father's last sentence meant? The words echoed through her head.

But don't think that you have seen the last of me around here....

Next chapter...

Brett's actions may cost him more than his daughter's hatred.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived