Latest UK Episode Discussion (2006-2017 Seasons)

liam99998204

• Replies 14.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't get this storyline. So, Irene, after being poisoned is now fine, but Martha, is completely scared. Surely it should be the other way round?

xxx

Absolutely agree...Okay, so he held a knife to her throat (or was it a gun to her head?), which warrants a bit of a freakout afterwards, but it does seem ridiculous that she should be curled up on the kitchen floor (which, correct me if I'm wrong, is in a different part of the diner flat now - or at least, the front door is!) in her pyjamas, when Irene only happened to have the guy trash her house a few times, move in, totally manipulate her, inject mercury into her food, have her committed, then try to kill her...Poor Martha...Er...

Was thinking about this (have too much time on my hands), and comparing it to Sally's reaction when Zoe/Eve locked her up in the warehouse...Poor Sal had a couple of days when she dreamt Zoe was at the door, and still out to get her, but I guess maybe that was in the school holidays when she didn't have much else to think about, coz she got back on her feet pretty pronto too (not as quickly as Irene though!)...My question about this though:

Why did Zoe single out Sally? If I remember correctly, the whole Sarah thing started with Dani Sutherland having a problem with Felix...So surely Sarah's main target would have been Dani (who'd left for the city by the time Eve started doing her dirty work for her...), and, in Dani's absence, who Sarah would have said was closest to her - which, as her boyfriend at the time, would have been Scott?!!! So why was Sally tied up in the warehouse, and not Scott? I can only think it's coz she's the longest standing cast member...and Alf would have looked pretty weird running around...Not dissing Sal - I think Kate Ritchie's a fab actress...Just not sure why Scott and Hayley got off Scott free (excuse the pun) during Zoe's chop-up fest (or were they blaming the fire in the palace on Zoe as well? I thought that was started by a faulty fan and some loose papers?)...

Oops. Went a bit off topic there!

They thought that the fan had caused the fire, but it was later proved that it was arson, because they found accelerant.

Ah! Okay. Thanks. I take it back. So she tried to get Scott and Hayley first - that makes sense. Still don't understand why it was Sally in the warehouse though...

Some people can go through the same trauma and they can both end up handling it different,some people just cant cope after going through something so stressful and having their life in risk.

Irene is a pretty strong character and have we actually seen her since the storyling has been over?

I thought martha was a strong character but this is just something she is finding it hard to cope with,panic attacks are really stressful.

Also i think martha fell on the kitchen floor then got up and tried to get to the door(or that area)and then fell to the floor again.

About sally,i remember Eve saying that she wanted to get at sally beacuse she called Sarah insane or something(cant remember)they were in noah's bar,sally,alf,kim,zoe,beth and some other people.Sarah came up in conversation and sally made a comment which upset zoe and then zoe went after her,when she was tired up and telling her story she mentioned that to sally.There may have been something else aswell,but thats the only bit i remember.

Yesterday epp was good.

Ric and Cassie were sweet to help martha out by taking her to self defence class.The scenes in that where sweet between jack and martha.She didn't have to be so mean to him though.

Aw Poor Sally i really felt for her when she was talking to Alf.Alf and Sally's scenes together are so touching,i suppose its because they've been working together for so long.

Archived