Harry's Revenge

Guest Jamey-Maria

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply

O.k next chapter :D Enjoy!

Chapter Twenty

Beth, Lucas and Alf decided to go to the bar instead of straight home. Alf needed to pick up some of the books and Beth thought she'd give him a hand.

"So what took you so long to get your bag?" Lucas smiled at Beth.

"It just took me a while to find, it was a bit cluttered in there," Beth tried to explain.

"And that's why you've had that grin plastered across your face and been humming for the last half and hour." Lucas laughed.

"I don't know what on earth you're talking about," She said turning to Alf to change the subject. "Do you want me to go and get those books?" Alf chuckled to himself as he made his way behind the bar. "I know where they are love."

"Yeah and don't think I'm going to let you off that easily." Lucas said smartly. He lent his elbows on the counter of the bar and looked up at Beth. "The room was very clean and the black handbag would have been spotted immedietely in a room full off white, so..."

"So what's your point young man?" She was starting to blush.

"You weren't just getting your bag."

"Lucas that's ridiculous, what else would I have been doing?" Lucas gave her a very suggestive smile and lifted his eyebrows.

"Do you really want me to answer that?" He laughed. Alf kept laughing as he opened the books. Beth's face just continued to go a bright shade of pink. "Why don't you just admit it and I'll stop?" He bargained.

"Admit what?" Beth was digging herself in deeper.

"Why are you making this so difficult for yourself?" He was highly amused by it. "You and my dad, you have the hots for him," Beth's face climaxed to the brightest shade of pink yet. She took a deep breath and sighed. "Is it really that obvious?" She smiled.

"Like a love sick teenager," Alf commented. Once the laughter had subsided and Alf went into the storeroom, Lucas took the opportunity to be serious.

"I'm really glad that this is happening," He spoke honestly. Lucas had picked up on the connection between his father and Beth just as most other people in the town had. He'd developed a bond with Beth that had only been strengthened last night when she was there for him. Growing up, he was never made to feel at any time unloved at all, Tony had made sure of that, but Lucas always felt like he was missing out on something by not having known his mother. That all changed when he met and got to know Beth. He had grown to love Beth and think of her as the mother he never had. And he would tell her all this one day when he was ready.

"And you sure your o.k. with it?"

"Positive, I couldn't think of two people I would want more to be together," He beamed. Beth loved Lucas as one her of her own. He was such a sweet kid and she could definitely see Tony in him.

"Well actually I wish some of this would rub off on two other people. Jack and Martha. How long is it going to take them to get their act together?" Just like with his father Lucas wanted Jack to be happy, and he had never seen him happier than when he was with Martha.

"I'm sure it will happen soon enough," She tried to reassure him. Lucas was about to go on a little rant about how stupid his brother was being when a beautiful women approached him and Beth. Beth recognised her from the night before.

"Hi," She said, "I hope I'm not interrupting I was just looking for man that was in here last night... um Jack I think he said his name was."

"Jack? You mean Jack Holden?" Lucas asked.

"I'm not sure about his last name, he has brown hair and he was wearing a green t-shirt."

"Yes that's the one you were talking to last night," Beth added. "Can I ask why you need to see him?" She said politely.

"It's just last night I was a total mess, i wasn't thinking clearly and I just feel so bad about what happened."

"What happened?" Lucas shot up "I'm Jack's brother Lucas."

"I'm Anna," She smiled. "It was just a misunderstanding and I'd really like to find him and apologise." Lucas really wanted to persist with the questions but the look on Beth's face told him not to.

"Well I was just about to go home so maybe I could take you to him," Lucas smiled. "He should be home by now."

"Thanks, that would be great. Like I said, I just want a chance to put things right, last night was a big mistake." Lucas' curiosity was driving him insane now. 'What the hell did she do last night and what did have to do with Jack?'

Lucas had tried to call Jack three times whilst walking home with Anna, but he wasn't picking up. It was times like this that he again questioned how they shared the same blood. 'How was Jack so stupid?' he thought to himself 'If there was any news about dad just how was he expecting to get it?' Lucas just sighed and shook his head.

"Still not picking up?" Anna asked.

"No, sometimes I wonder about him," He joked. Anna just smiled, as Lucas put the phone back in his pocket. All his unanswered questions resurfaced and he began to question just who the girl standing next to him was. She seemed nice but it was taking all his strength to hold back and not be rude by coming out and asking her something that he had no business in. He would have to practice self-control sooner or later though now that Mattie was his girlfriend it was probably better that he got a hold on it now. He decided it was best to remain silent for the rest of the walk; he was too busy with thoughts of his dad and Maddie anyway.

"Well here we are," He said as they turned into the street and walked up the pavement to the front door. Lucas stood at the door fiddling in his pocket to find his keys. "Won't be a sec," He smiled awkwardly.

Anna stood back from the door and looked up at the sky waiting for Lucas to open the door. Her eyes wandered around the area. It was nice, very nice. Her eyes kept wondering until they landed on the window. The curtain was open and her eyes shot open when she saw inside.

"Um Lucas I don't think that's such a good idea." But it was too late. Lucas had swung the door wide open.

"OH MY GOD!" He shouted.

Ha ha that was absolutely great, i was laughing so hard and i don't really know why LOL!

He he i'm laughing even harder now, just re-read the end of the last chapter!!! Oh please update soon my sides are splitting and i'm dying to see if my suspicions are confirmed!!

my pm threat on HAAC still stands on here aswell lol

Oh, that PM sounds mighty friendly. lol

Ha ha that was absolutely great, i was laughing so hard and i don't really know why LOL!

He he i'm laughing even harder now, just re-read the end of the last chapter!!! Oh please update soon my sides are splitting and i'm dying to see if my suspicions are confirmed!!

lol! I wonder if we're thinking of the same thing... lol. I think Lucas' reaction would be pretty spot on if what I'm thinking just happened.. lol.

Great! Well done! I loved the Lucas and Beth bit! Made me chuckle! What's this Anna girl want? Am I supposed to remember what happened? lol. :S It's the summer holidays.. leave me and my memory alone. lol.

Archived