Sunday's Child

Guest x..kt..x

LOL!! No apparently she's done nada more than last time! Honestly so slow... me and nicole make the effort to write our fics way in advance so people aren't waiting too long for the chapters and then kt just has to ruin it by watching football when she's supposed to be writing! lol! :P Kt....write NOW!!! lol

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Voila! The next chapter is here! lol Enjoy... :D

Chapter 11

After a frustrating hour in his car, Jack arrived at Summer Bay still furious at Peter. What the hell was he up to?

Jack decided to ring Martha to tell her that he would be home soon. He grabbed his mobile and dialled ‘home’.

The phone rang until it reached answer phone. He was greeted by the familiar voice of Martha, just thinking of her made his heart melt.

“Jack and I aren’t here at the moment, but if you want you can leave a message after the beep.”

“Hello Martha darling, this is Constable Holden here. I’d like to inform you that I’ll be home in about 30 mins. See you later sweetie!” Jack smiled as he thought about Martha but the dropped as his mind turned to Peter.

Back at their house, Martha sat in an armchair with her face soaked in tears. How could Jack act so normal after he’d been in Sydney with another woman? For that moment she hated him, but then reminded herself that she couldn’t. No mattered what he did, Martha loved Jack but love obviously wasn’t going to be enough.

Jack stopped at Peter’s house and stomped up the driveway. Peter had recently moved house and lived in a large Victorian house in a sought after area near Yabbie Creek. He went through the front door and into Peter’s office.

“What the hell do you want then?” He said as he stormed to where the antique desk was, slamming his hands down hard so that the desk shuddered.

“Nice to see you too Jack.” Peter said joyfully as he span around in his leather chair with a big grin on his face.

Jack wasn’t in the mood for this, “ Just tell me what you want Peter” he said bluntly.

“Bad manners get you nowhere Jack, please and thank you’s are always appreciated.”

Jack stood there with a straight face; he wasn’t going to be polite to Peter, his boss who had emotionally blackmailed him.

“Fine, you be like that. I’ll just skip to the point.” Peter opened the file in front of him and placed a document in front of Jack.” The force want answers, but as you haven’t found anything on the men and aren’t going to, I have kindly produced a report for you saying that so that the investigation can be closed. You should be grateful that I’ve saved you the hassle. I thought I’d give it you now before you make a pointless journey into Sydney tomorrow. You just have to sign it now.” He pushed an expensive looking pen towards Jack.

Jack looked at the report and read several lines ‘I have no reason to suspect these men of any crime’, ‘These men are innocent’, ‘there is no longer any need to investigate’.

“I’m not going to sign that, it’s not my opinion. I think there is something going on…”

Peter sighed, “Look I don’t care what you think, you are going to sign this report and you are going to stop investigating. Have I made my self clear?”

Jack took the report and ripped it in half. “Stuff your report, I’m going to Sarg, there’s obviously something going on with you Peter.”

Jack stormed out of his house, slamming the front door behind him. What was wrong with Peter? Why did he think these men were innocent? He gotinto his and car drove off, hearing Peter shout “ Don’t do anything stupid Jack, you never know what might happen…”

Was that a threat? Jack thought. His mind was racing. He had to forget all about it and deal with it tomorrow; he had to concentrate on Martha. He was going to tell her about Sydney, he had to tell her before somebody else did.

Serious goings on next chapter! It's gonna be quite interesting...

Right, I'm not going to be able to update my fanfic for a while. I've got this maths coursework that I've left until the end of easter to do, so I gotta crack on and do it otherwise my maths teacher will kill me! :( The next part will probably be on sometime after Wednesday. Sorry :D

xxx

Archived