Sunday's Child

Guest x..kt..x

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Jack having secret sessions with a midget from the circus?

Huh? I am offically confused :S

I'm sorry! Kt lacks common sense so she doesn't get jokes! lol *puts arm around kt* its ok, it doesn't matter.. lol :P

Is Jack having secret sessions with a midget from the circus?

Huh? I am offically confused :S

I'm sorry! Kt lacks common sense so she doesn't get jokes! lol *puts arm around kt* its ok, it doesn't matter.. lol :P

I really don't get it, I'm trying to, but its not clicking! :S Why am I so god damn stupid!? lol It's a good job you don't try and explain, by the time I understand it just won't be funny... lol

Sorry I haven't written anything in ages. Firstly I couldn't be bothered, then I got all confused and it was just weird!Anyway, I'm back now with another chapter! Mainly because Jackandmartha!!! was threatening me! lol Hope you like it! =D

Chapter 10

Jack sat on the familiar pew in Sydney Cathedral, holding his head in his hands. Everything was so perfect in his life, his job, his family and Martha. He felt so bad keeping this secret from her but he was going to tell her. Tonight. He stood up and walked over to Nicole, the blonde woman whom he met every Sunday. She smiled at him as she lit a big white candle. Jack then took her hand as they both said a prayer; so familiar to them it was engraved on the back on their minds like a song.

All of a sudden, Jack’s mobile rang. The theme tune to ‘Mission Impossible’ blared around the church, echoing because of the grand height of the ceiling. He thought of Martha, as she was the one who put the ring tone on last week and remembered how much she laughed when he started doing various ‘Policeman’ poses. Jack’s face turned a bright red as he fumbled in his pocket for his mobile. He looked at the caller ID. It was Peter.

“Hi boss, I can’t really talk now, erm I’ll ring you back later." He looked embarrassed and mouthed ‘sorry’ to Nicole as he went out into the foyer of the church.

“No Jack, I need you for something, come back to Summer Bay NOW.”

“Is it urgent? It’ll take me at least an hour to get back to the Bay, you should call someone else.”

“No it’s not urgent, but I want you. I’m the boss and I call the shots, I need to see you.” Peter sounded very agitated, very different to the cool and calm Detective Baker of old.

Jack sighed heavily, “Peter, there’s nothing more I can do on the case today. We’ve checked the men and I can find nothing on them. I’m going to investigate in Sydney first thing tomorrow because something is not right. Look Peter, you know it’s my day off; it has been my day off since I started at the force. Whatever it is, it can wait. I’ll be coming back in a few hours anyway and as it isn’t urgent a few hours won’t make any difference.”

Peter was angered by this, how dare Jack be so rude? “Jack, you come to the bay now, or I’ll…”

“Or you’ll what?” Jack was tired of Peter bossing him around all the time for no real reason, there was something going on, Jack just couldn’t figure it out. Peter has being very uptight recently and acted all edgy.

Peter sighed as he was going to have to do something very low, but he didn’t really care, as long as he got what he wanted, that was all that mattered. “Jack, you come to the bay now,” a smirk slowly appeared on his face as he read through a file entitled ‘Jack Holden’, “or I’ll tell Martha all about ‘Sunday’s child’.” Peter could imagine Jack’s jaw drop and predicted within 2 minutes Jack would be in the car back to the bay.

Jack looked at Nicole and the stared at the ground, how the hell could Peter know? He’d never told a soul at Summer Bay. “How did you…?”

Peter laughed, ‘Mate, I’m a cop. When I knew you were up to something in Sydney I had to find out what. I’ve got an inquisitive mind, I just can’t help it. That Nicole sure is pretty, you know I have a thing for blondes, maybe you should set us up.”

Peter had gone too far. “I’m coming but I swear if you say one more thing I won’t be able to control my actions.”

“Your such a pleasant man Jack. Right I’ll see you soon then, byeeee!” Peter put the phone down and began to laugh uncontrollably.

Jack left a note for Nicole with the Rev. apologising for what had happened. He the slid into his car and drove on into the distance…

If you have any comments feel free to express yourself! I love reading them.

Archived