Lynn Davenport

Guest Smiler

Lynn was my first girl that i was a fan of on home and away.

i send her a letter and she send me a lovely letter back with a signed- photo of herself.

You lucky bugger writing to the beautiful Helena/Lynne and getting a reply Lynne is my all time favorite character surely they could have worked out a way to keep her on the show I would have loved to have seen her in the show for a hell of a lot longer than she was all they had to do was keep Lynne in summer bay until she got a bit older and then she could have hung around with the others therefore giving her more air time oh well at least I have all of her episodes on DVD

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's a quote I found on IMBD:

"Sheila Kennelly and Frank Lloyd (III) who played original characters Floss and Neville McPhee were let go from the show when their contracts expired at the end of the first year because the producers felt more time needed to be focused on the younger cast members. The producers did not tell them until the last minute, but both had already found out by reading about their character's departures in a TV soap magazine. The executive producer at the time said he hoped they could be brought back in future episodes as special guests, but Frank was particularly upset by their behaviour and refused to return in 2000 for Sally Fletcher's wedding story. The decision was made to kill his character off in response. The same thing happened to original cast member Helena Bozich , who after just four months was let go because the producers wanted to focus more time on the other younger cast members." <_<

The way I recall it at the time (have watched on and off since the 1st episode) ... The charactor Lynn was sent back to live with her parents ... but it was stated in the magazines that she was coming back and it was all part of a storyline ... but after she was gone, it was announced that she wouldnt be returning (perhaps with her off the canvas they didnt see the need to re-introduce her ??)

I think her returning for Christophers birth was for the purpose of us the viewer seeing her one last time and hearing an explanation as to how she was staying with her parents etc ...

Lynn was my first girl that i was a fan of on home and away.

i send her a letter and she send me a lovely letter back with a signed- photo of herself.

You lucky bugger writing to the beautiful Helena/Lynne and getting a reply Lynne is my all time favorite character surely they could have worked out a way to keep her on the show I would have loved to have seen her in the show for a hell of a lot longer than she was all they had to do was keep Lynne in summer bay until she got a bit older and then she could have hung around with the others therefore giving her more air time oh well at least I have all of her episodes on DVD

Judging by this, I think we may have found Helena. :wink:

I think they made a real mistake getting rid of Lynn so quickly, there was a lot of potential in having a character around on the cusp of adulthood, like they later did with Sal and now have with Annie(a character that more than one person has pointed out is quite similar to Lynn, even down to the recycled storylines).

Would be really great to see her again.I grinned like a loon when they had a(very brief, unfortunately) clip of her the other week.

Yeah it was a huge mistake to get rid of her she did have so much potential they could have also gone ahead with their plan to send her back to her real parents for a very short time and then have her return in a dramatic way because she wasn’t fitting in at home that could have lead to more storylines for her as she tried to cope with her problems with her real family oh and is it just me or did anyone else want to deck barry davernport for the in his works he layed it on a bit thick to stop lynne running away and then he was to gutless to tell lynne that she couldn't come back home

I only found out that Helena was sacked the other day when I read the article on the main page I wasn’t happy to say the least when I discovered that if they ever do track Helena down and bring back Lynne please let me know because I would start watching the show again

:D

Archived