Lynn Davenport

Guest Smiler

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't actually the information about Helena from Wikipedia. I got it from a book called "Home and Away: Behind the Scenes" by James Oram, which was published in 1989.

Yeah, I used to have that book too. I remember distinctly the use of the phrase 'rested' - it sounded like they just said that to the actress to let her down gently.

The fact was, Lynne didn't 'fit' with the other characters that well - she was too young to hang with the teen crowd, but couldn't just be the cute little kid like Sal. She fit within the context of the household and the family interactions, but she had no social group to interact with - and that's kind of essential for generating watchable storylines! Nowadays H&A often has two or more teen groupings, so that might not be so much of a problem. But back then the young cast was smaller.

There was also the fact that Lynne was a total goody goody. If she'd been a rebel young teen, a little b*tch, or a Lolita, she might have been more viable in the long term. But I remember her being nice, well-acted, but just a little dull.

I liked Lynn. She was a lot more selfless than Carly. Carly was the Dani Sutherland of the early years. Similar stories Carly and Dani were both selfish at times and both got raped. Also Cassie can be selfish at times and was sexually abused by her uncle as a child. Her biological father (Lynn's) was played by Micheal Caton (I think thats his name he host Hot Property)

I think I read on here a couple of months ago that the original plan was to bring Lynn back after a short while with her struggling to fit back in with her family or something but the producers decided not to.

Yes thats what I was going to say ... I watched H&A way back then ...

I recall it being in print that she was coming back and then after she was gone the writers/producers (or whoever) decided to leave her gone

I loved how they referred to her (in conversation) at Sally's 2000 Wedding

Going to go back and re-read posts ... but I think someone wrote she was let go after 4 months ... I really thought she was in the show alot longer

I think I read on here a couple of months ago that the original plan was to bring Lynn back after a short while with her struggling to fit back in with her family or something but the producers decided not to.

Yes thats what I was going to say ... I watched H&A way back then ...

I recall it being in print that she was coming back and then after she was gone the writers/producers (or whoever) decided to leave her gone

I loved how they referred to her (in conversation) at Sally's 2000 Wedding

Going to go back and re-read posts ... but I think someone wrote she was let go after 4 months ... I really thought she was in the show alot longer

Yeah, didn't Pippa say that she never hears from her or something, that she wanted to forget that she was fostered now that she was back with her real family. I remember thinking that was sad for Pippa, as she said she gets cards from everyone else.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived