Lynn Davenport

Guest Smiler

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When Home and Away first started it was mainly about Tom and Pippa being foster carers...part of fostering is that kids go back to their families.....Lynn returned to live with her parents....I think it was good that they showed this...I dont think Helena Bozich was sacked...my guess is that she was only contracted for tht short time anyway...

Here's a quote I found on IMBD:

"Sheila Kennelly and Frank Lloyd (III) who played original characters Floss and Neville McPhee were let go from the show when their contracts expired at the end of the first year because the producers felt more time needed to be focused on the younger cast members. The producers did not tell them until the last minute, but both had already found out by reading about their character's departures in a TV soap magazine. The executive producer at the time said he hoped they could be brought back in future episodes as special guests, but Frank was particularly upset by their behaviour and refused to return in 2000 for Sally Fletcher's wedding story. The decision was made to kill his character off in response. The same thing happened to original cast member Helena Bozich , who after just four months was let go because the producers wanted to focus more time on the other younger cast members." <_<

Wikipedia is actually a very good web-site because it attracts many different people who are experts in their field. One of my favorite writers is a paleontologist, and she writes articles on Wikipedia. But, Wikipedia is not reliable when it comes to Home & Away.

Wikipedia is actually a very good web-site because it attracts many different people who are experts in their field. One of my favorite writers is a paleontologist, and she writes articles on Wikipedia. But, Wikipedia is not reliable when it comes to Home & Away.

Thats ture...if you can be sure that the person who updates entries is kosher then it can be a wonderful source of information...it is great on literature and and on scientifc stuff....but as you say the Home and Away entries ar often completely fictional.

The Home & Away-entry is, as you say, fictional, because it is not something the staff-members at Wikipedia cares too much about. if you read on something a little more scientific (I read a lotf on grammar/lexciology/language issues), you can see that the Wikipedia staff takes a greater interest in the accurancy/getting the article bigger and inviting people to make Wikipedia a better place.

Archived