The Rainbow Room

Guest Irish Fan

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really didn't know, Si-Co, but then again... never thought about many of the people on this board as sexual beings. I don't think of people in such a manner. :P

As for myself, I'm in a very stable, heterosexual relationship, but I've been in love with, and have some experience with people of my own sex. Yes, I guess I am bisexual, but I don't refer to myself as that.

I really didn't know, Si-Co, but then again... never thought about many of the people on this board as sexual beings. I don't think of people in such a manner. :P

As for myself, I'm in a very stable, heterosexual relationship, but I've been in love with, and have some experience with people of my own sex. Yes, I guess I am bisexual, but I don't refer to myself as that.

It's a pity that - particularly in certain cultures - society and individuals are so quick to 'label' what they are doing, feeling or witnessing. We are individuals, not labels.

However, equally so, there's no reason we shouldn't categorise ourselves within a certain 'label' or identity if we feel comfortable with that - and I think there is sometimes a danger of being too 'right on' or 'politically correct'.

I definitely see your point, but it's still why I don't label myself as bisexual/lesbian - I have never been in a relationship with a person of the same sex, and I am happy to be classified as "heterosexual" if that's how people conceive me, because I'm in a heterosexual relationship. But, at the same time, if I were to label myself as bi, I think I would feel obliged to "prove" it, if you understand what I'm trying to say?

Archived