Actor's Ages

Guest Adele_Jericho

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And also in OC the age gap between Mischa and the person who plays Julie (her mum) is only like 5 years or something lol

Indie is playing someone older then her. She is the same age as me but is playing someone a year older

Its not that uncommon you know.

Look at The OC.

Adam Brody & Ben Mackenzie both play 17yr olds but i think Brody is around 25 & Mackenzie around 27...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but the OC is just ridiculous! (sorry, if you like it!) I saw it a couple of times at a friend's house, all the teenagers are really in their mid 20s and their mothers are all played by women in their early 30s or something! It just looks silly!

Lol 7 yrs ain't that much... my hubby is 11 years older than me

No, 7 years isn't a long time when you are a bit older, but the difference between a 15 year old and a 22 year old is huge! It's like having a 10 year old playing a toddler, it's just silly!

Sharni might look a little young for age (especially in that school dress!) but she doesn't look as young as Matilda, which is silly when they are meant to be the same age. I Home & Away Ric and Cassie both seem so much older than Matilda and Henry, they look older and are far more mature and streetwise, it just seems silly that they are meant to be the same age.

Its not that uncommon you know.

Look at The OC.

Adam Brody & Ben Mackenzie both play 17yr olds but i think Brody is around 25 & Mackenzie around 27...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, but the OC is just ridiculous! (sorry, if you like it!) I saw it a couple of times at a friend's house, all the teenagers are really in their mid 20s and their mothers are all played by women in their early 30s or something! It just looks silly!

Lol 7 yrs ain't that much... my hubby is 11 years older than me

No, 7 years isn't a long time when you are a bit older, but the difference between a 15 year old and a 22 year old is huge! It's like having a 10 year old playing a toddler, it's just silly!

Sharni might look a little young for age (especially in that school dress!) but she doesn't look as young as Matilda, which is silly when they are meant to be the same age. I Home & Away Ric and Cassie both seem so much older than Matilda and Henry, they look older and are far more mature and streetwise, it just seems silly that they are meant to be the same age.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tell me about it, its like dani, haley acting as matilda's age since dani, cassie and Haley as well as kim are all the same age in real life. :lol:

Actors being several years older than characters was also quite common in the early years too, as was the reverse. Vanessa Downing (the original Pippa) was only about 30 yet the character was around 36ish at the start of the series. Bobby was meant to be 17, yet nicolle dickson was almost 19, exactly the same as carly and sharyn hodgson. Did you know that Cornelia Frances is almost 65!!!!!

Actors being several years older than characters was also quite common in the early years too, as was the reverse. Vanessa Downing (the original Pippa) was only about 30 yet the character was around 36ish at the start of the series. Bobby was meant to be 17, yet nicolle dickson was almost 19, exactly the same as carly and sharyn hodgson. Did you know that Cornelia Frances is almost 65!!!!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Playing a character 2 years younger than your own age is very different to playing someone who is 7 years younger than you are! The age difference is less significant as the actors get older (would anyone really notice if a 42 year old actress played someone who was meant to be 35?) but when the characters are so young the age difference is far more noticeable since they are still maturing and growing up, it's obvious that Sharni and Indiana are nowhere near the same age, so why have them playing characters the same age? If Indiana looked older, it might be more believable, but she just highlights how young the character is, and how young Cassie is supposed to be. At least if they both looked the same age it wouldn't seem as unrealistic.

I think it's a bit stupid putting Cassie as a 16 year old,because that is going too below her age.She can atleast act 19/20.Why don't they get real teens.It doesn't seem realistic.And it's not just her,most of the actors in there 20's are acting as teens when there not one.And oh yeah,didn't kate Ritchie had the role of becoming a teacher at just the age of 22? it's like Cassie becoming a teacher now instead of a student.She really does not look as young as 15/16.She looks way older!

Some of the older cast play characters who are different in age from them. Clarissa is much youynger than Beth, Lynne and Ivar are both older than Irene and Barry. Morag and Coleen are about right I think, both being around 65. Ray is a few years older than Alf.

I don't mind too much if they cast people who are older or younger than their characters as long as they look right. Bobby looked right. Isobel just about looks right. Chris does not look 18 and never did, they realised their mistake ad took him out of school unform pretyy quickly. Robbie, looks about right. I don't think Clarissa looks old enough to be Scotts Mum. Cassie could get away with being 18/19 but I dont think she looks convincing as a 15/16 year old. Some of the best castings of the teens have been when they cast people around the right age, like Kirsty and Jade, Dani, Seb, Nick etc...they were convincing as teenagers.

Some of the older cast play characters who are different in age from them. Clarissa is much youynger than Beth, Lynne and Ivar are both older than Irene and Barry. Morag and Coleen are about right I think, both being around 65. Ray is a few years older than Alf.

I don't mind too much if they cast people who are older or younger than their characters as long as they look right. Bobby looked right. Isobel just about looks right. Chris does not look 18 and never did, they realised their mistake ad took him out of school unform pretyy quickly. Robbie, looks about right. I don't think Clarissa looks old enough to be Scotts Mum.  Cassie could get away with being 18/19 but I dont think she looks convincing as a 15/16 year old. Some of the best castings of the teens have been when they cast people around the right age, like Kirsty and Jade, Dani, Seb, Nick etc...they were convincing as teenagers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah,i guess people that are real teens look like teens

Archived