Marry Me?

Suzza101

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, ~JarlieFanEver~, Kristen and Ludub for your comments. 

Chapter 39

Kyle was lying in his hospital bed. Nate had always come in to check up on him, he felt like he was a little child. Nate wouldn't leave him alone, making sure he ate, making sure he didn't hurt himself, making sure that he slept. It was like he was 8. 

"Hey Kyle, your family want to see you.” Nate smiles lightly he didn't want Kyle to have any visitors unless he actually wanted them. 

“I don't wanna see them.” Kyle shakes his head. He didn't want to see anyone, them didn't let him die, the pain was all too much and they brought it all back. 

“They care about you Kyle.” Nate shakes his head. He had to convince Kyle that saving him was the best thing. 

“If people care about someone they should let them go.” Kyle hisses, refusing to even look at Nate. 

Nate rolled his eyes, he understood that Kyle was hurting but they all had a very good reason to save him. 

“You're being ridiculous.” Nate sighs. 

“No I’m not!” Kyle yells. 

“Kyle why hurt your family like this, look I know that these people made your life miserable…” Nate starts. 

"Are making!" Kyle snarls. 

“Are making your life miserable, but you would hurt them so much if you were to hurt yourself again, it would break them. You mean so much to them, okay you are Braxs and Heaths little brother, can you imagine the pain they world feel if you were gone.” Nate sighs. 

“I'm not their little brother I'm their little half brother.” Kyle glares. 

“What's the difference.” Nate groans. 

“I'm a half brother, I'm not fully related to them, I shouldn’t even be alive, the only reason that I am here in this earth is because my dad was a dog and he slept with my mum while he was married, I wasn't planned, I'm an accident and that won't change no matter how much people say they care about me. So how's about you stop trying to convince me that I am worth saving because I'm not even meant to be alive.” Kyle hisses. 

Flashback 

“Daddy!” A 4 year old Kyle sequels as he runs up to his father who was walking through the front door. 

“Hey Squirt.” Danny grunts he didn't see this kid as his son he was too cute and loving. 

Kyle looked up at his father who looked angry. 

“What's wrong Daddy?” He asks looking up at him worried. 

“Daniel.” Kyle's mum Lisa interrupts from the doorway. 

“Mummy, Daddy’s come back.” Kyle smiles running up to his mother and letting her hug him and lift him up. 

"I can see would you like to come inside Danny, Kyle how's about you be a big boy and show your dad that you can get into your pjs all by yourself.” Lisa smiles kissing her sons forehead. 

“Okay.” Kyle smiles racing upstairs. 

“Daniel what are you doing it's been over a year.” Lisa sighs. 

“Well, I was with Cheryl and the boys wasn't I.” Danny hisses. 

“We’re your family too you know, you don't just to get me pregnant and then leave, it was family day at kindly the other day and Kyle was getting laughed at for not having a Dad there.” Lisa sighs. 

“Okay so I got you pregnant, big deal he wasn't even meant to be born, your son is a mistake and he always will be.” Danny hisses. 

“Our son! And no he is meant born and I love him.” Lisa hisses. 

“Oh please he wasn't planned and no he's no son of mine. My sons are not cute and loving they are strong and fearless.” Danny hisses. 

“He's four the only thing he's fearless of is me.” Lisa replies. 

“Exactly he's not my son.” Danny hisses. 

“Daddy?” Kyle's voice comes from the top of the stairs. 

Lisa looked up at her son who is still in his clothes. 

“Honey, why aren't you changed?” Lisa sighs as Kyle comes running down the stairs. 

“I can't find the nappies.” Kyle mumbles. 

“The kids still in nappies, I thought they were for babies.” Danny laughs at Lisa. 

“Daniel.” Lisa hisses.

“They are in the cupboard darling.” Lisa smiles as Kyle races upstairs. 

Danny shakes his head in amusement. 

“Darryl and Heath were both three when they stopped needing nappies.”Danny laughs. 

“Well I'm sorry that our son isn't.” Lisa huffs. 

“Pfffft we've been through this, he's not my son!” Danny yells. 

“Really so you weren't the one that banged me up.” Lisa screams. 

"Yea once, my wife and I actually planned to have our kids, more than I can say for me and you.” Danny hisses. 

“He's four, you can't talk about our son like that.” Lisa hisses. 

“Your son, I don't even love the kid.” Danny hisses. 

Kyle stands in the doorway. 

“Mummy?” Kyle asks.

“Hey sweets.” Lisa smiles. 

“Why you and Daddy fighting?” Kyle asks. 

“I'm not your Daddy okay squirt, I have a family and three boys that aren't complete babies.” Danny hisses. 

“Daniel.” Lisa hisses. 

“But I'm not a baby.” Kyle mumbles. 

“You're not my son either, the only reason why you are here is because your mum just loooves attention.” Danny hisses. 

Tears start to fall from Kyle's eyes. 

“Get out!” Lisa hisses. 

Danny barges out of the house, slamming the door on his way out. 

Lisa pulls Kyle closer in a hug. 

“It's okay darling.” Lisa sighs kissing Kyle's head. 

End of Flashback 

Kyle knew that he wasn't even loved by his father so why should he be a brother to the boys.

Chapter 40

Kyle was shuffling a deck of cards to entertain himself. Suddenly there's a knock at the door. 

“Andy?” Kyle asks shocked, why was he there, Andy of all people. 

“I'm here to help you get your life back on track.” Andy replies glaring down at Kyle which made him feel intimidated. 

Earlier. 

“He's not talking to anyone.” Brax sighs, running a hand through his hair. Kyle was still refusing to let anyone help him, he wouldn't believe anyone when they said he was worth caring about. 

“He won't even look at me.” Haley sighs as tears fell from her eyes, she loved Kyle and he wouldn't even look at her. All he would do was look out a window and pretend that she wasn't there which had killed Haley from the inside. She loved him so so much. 

“He's being ridiculous, we love him he knows that, if we didn't we wouldn't have kept him in the house.” Heath sighs, banging his hand on a table, he was getting so frustrated with his younger brother who had just shut them all out and it felt like he didn't care about any of their feelings. 

“You have to see it from his point of view, these guys bullied him so much, his life was miserable, no matter how hard he tried to stop it he couldn't these guys just kept coming at him.” Caleb sighs. He was there through everything going down with teenage Jake and it was horrible. 

“Yea but we don't.” Heath shrugs. He didn't understand why Kyle was shutting them all out like they meant nothing to him. 

"Yea but you don't know the pain he went through.” Caleb sighs. He needed them all to understand the pain that Kyle actually went through all they heard was stories he actually had to watch. 

“Yea I get that but we are here now.” Heath sighs. He knew that they could all protect Kyle against these bullies. 

"Kyle doesn't see that, all he sees is his bullies after him again.” Caleb sighs. Heath was being stubborn and annoying, Heath needed to know just how Kyle felt in those three years, they way he was shoved, punched and pushed. The amounts of lunchtimes he spent starving with his lunch being taken off him, the amount of lunchtimes he spent locked in his locker with no one inside to help him, the bruises that were on his body 24/7, the number of times he was embarrassed in front of so many people from Jake and his friends constant bullying. 

Andy walks in the house. He had just finished and he was exhausted. Big day with a lot of clients. 

“Hey.” He sighs dumping his work bag on the floor. 

“Hey, all we need to do is tell him that we care about him.” Brax sighs. 

“We’ve tried that, he won't listen.” Heath grunts, he was getting frustrated why couldn't Kyle just see that they all cared about him, it was stupid. 

No one knew what to do about Kyle needed to know that they all cared about him and that they were going to protect him from anyone threatening him. 

“Everyone is being too soft on him, he needs to be told with a strong hand.” Heath sighs.

Andy looked at everyone,what were they on about.

“Well, you and me can't do it, Kyle knows that we will never hurt him, Caleb can't do it and neither can Case, the girls can't.” Brax sighs. 

“I will.” Andy smiles. “Wait what is it?” Andy asks. 

“You need to convince Kyle that we care about him.” Brax sighs. 

“Why can't you tell him?” Andy sighs. 

“He's not listening to any of us, no matter what, he's killing Haley she loves him?” Ricky sighs. 

Everyone looks at Haley, shocked. 

“You love him.” Brax gasps. He knew that Ricky thought that those two would make a cute couple but he didn't know that there were actual feelings there. 

“I really do but he won't listen to me.” Haley sighs. 

“Okay.” Andy shrugs walking out the door to the hospital. 

Now

“Just leave me Andy.” Kyle mumbles cowering to make himself smaller. 

“Na, not happening you may be able to shake your brothers off but I'm not a brother am I.” Andy glares at Kyle. 

Kyle looked up at Andy. Refusing to talk, he had already said more than he wanted to. 

“Kyle talk to me.” Andy sighs, he saw what everyone was going on about Kyle wasn't uttering a word to him after he took him to leave. Andy now knew how serious this was. 

Kyle looked in the other direction, Andy stood next to Kyle's bed. Grabbing his shoulder and pulling him to face him. 

“Come on Kyle, talk.” Andy pushes.  

“You don't scare me, you're soft now.” Kyle sighs looking at his hands. 

Andy sat on the end of Kyle's bed. Glad that he had got him talking. 

"Kyle I do, your whole family does and we all want you to be alright.” Andy smiles lightly. 

“I'm a loser and pathetic don't waste your love.” Kyle sighs. 

“Ky, I know that these guys terrify you but, everyone can help you fight these guys off.” Andy mumbles glaring at Kyle. 

“You don't get it, if anyone helps me they'll call me a girl, weak, a little baby nerd.” Kyle starts to cry. 

“Kyle that's not true.” Andy starts. He puts a reassuring hand on Kyle's shoulder. 

“Isn't it! Look at me I'm crying like a little baby.” Kyle mumbles. 

"Kyle, look theres always going to be things in the world that you are scared of, okay these guys just happen to be what you are scared of, other are scared of snakes, spiders, the dark and that's life okay.” Andy sighs. 

“Yea and I'm the loser that scared of people.” Kyle mumbles. 

"Not people Kyle, your bullies.” Andy mumbles he was worried for Kyle, who had completely changed after his bullies had shown up. 

“Mate I have Coulrophonbia.” Andy smiles lightly. 

“You're scared of clowns?” Kyle asks. 

“Well yeah, those things are creepy.” Andy smiles lightly. And he was glad to see a small smile from Kyle.

“Everyone's scared of something, Kyle and you are the first person I have ever told that I had a phobia of clowns, but it's the strongest people that can admit it.” Andy smiles lightly ruffling Kyle's hair. 

"Andy, can I ask you something ridiculous?” Kyle asks nervous for the question he was about to ask. 

“Sure.” Andy grins. 

Kyle opens up his arms for a hug. 

“Please.” He begs. 

Andy smiles and pulls Kyle into a tight hug. He pulls away after a while but still has his head in his hands. 

“Whenever you need anything Kyle I will be here, we may not be related but you are still my little brother. The same goes for the boys, okay yes you guys have different mums but you are all still blood and they love and care about you. All you need to do is let them in.” Andy grins as he pulls Kyle in for another hug. Before pulling away and sitting standing beside Kyle's bed again. 

“Andy can I tell you something?” Kyle asks. 

“Sure.” Andy smiles. Wondering if he had finally got Kyle to open up. 

"What if you loved someone but after years of being used, you were scared to admit it.” Kyle sighs. 

“Haley?” Andy guesses. He knew that Haley loves Kyle and he was hoping that Kyle would love her too so that he could get his happy ending. 

“Yea, how'd you know?” Kyle asks. Curious to know how Andy knew his secret that he had told no one. 

“Mate, she loves you too.” Andy grins. A smile erupted on Kyle's face and it was the biggest smile Andy had ever seen Kyle do.

“Really?” He asks with his eyes sparkling. 

“Yea, mate.” Andy grins.

Kyle grinned like a maniac the girl that he loved, loved him back this was perfect. 

“Do you wanna see everyone?” Andy asks. Kyle nods his head quickly in reply he had to see his family, he had to see the people that he loved. 

Brax and Ricky were first. 

“You're an idiot, you know that right.” Brax grins slapping Kyle lightly on the face. 

“Yea I know.” Kyle laughs. Letting Brax ruffle his hair. 

“Kyle how could you think that we didn't care about you?” Ricky asks. 

Kyle shrugs his shoulders, how could he explain it. His whole life he was a loser and then he was used by who he thought was the love of his life just to entertain her boyfriend. 

“Ky, you're an important part of our family, you are the little and big brother, your are the uncle, you are the little and big brother in law and most importantly you are the mate.” Brax smiles. 

“Yea but all I could see was the loser.” Kyle sighs playing with the blankets. 

"Ky, I know that you've been through a really tough time, but we are all here for you.” Brax smiles. 

“I’ve realized that now.” Kyle smiles lightly. 

“Kyle, Ley loves you.” Ricky smiles lightly. She really wanted Kyle to be happy and he knew that Haley would help him do that. 

"I know, I love her too.” Kyle smiles. He really did she was his life she made him happy when he thought it was humanly impossible. 

“Talk to her, I’ll send her in.” Brax smiles lightly punching Kyle's shoulder. Ricky gave Kyle a kiss on the forehead and exits the room with Brax. 

Haley comes in and walks upto Kyle. 

“Ley, I …..” Kyle starts but can't finish because Haley throws herself at him and kisses Kyle hard and passionately. 

“Love you.” Kyle finishes smirking up at Haley and pulling her closer to him. 

“Me too.” Haley smiles as she kisses Kyle's nose and neck. 

“So looks like I'll be back here soon after Caleb kills me for going after his sister.” Kyle smirks. 

Haley smirks and plays with Kyle's hair. 

“He loves you, he will think that you will be the best possible brother in law.” Haley smirks. 

“Always a quick mover LeyLey lets just stick with partners.” Kyle smirks. 

Haley slaps Kyle's chest hard and then kisses his neck. 

“Works for me.” Haley smiles flickering her eyelashes on his neck making him giggle out loudly, he was always ticklish there.

What a lovely chapter! :wub: so glad that Andy got through to him. Lovely that he cared enough to try (especially after a long day at work and despite being really tired) and kind of sweet of him to open up about his fear of clowns :lol: Also so happy that Kyle and Haley got it together. Hope they can all help him through things now and he'll see that there are a lot of people who care about him and love him. Really looking forward to the next chapter x

Chapter 41

Haley was sitting on Kyle's hospital bed up by where his chest was leaning over and gentle kissing him. It had been three days since they had both said those three small but big words to each other and since then they have been inseparable. Suddenly they are interrupted by a knock at the door. 

“Ewww gross, my sister and my best mate.” Caleb groans. But smiles at them both, he was happy that they had both found someone that actually cared for them. 

“Hey dude.” Kyle smirks kissing Haleys neck. 

“Alright you're lucky I haven't given you the ‘if you hurt my sister I'll hurt you’ speech. But don't push it.” Caleb laughs. 

Kyle pulls away from Haley and raises his hands in defense. He knew that his mate wasn't serious though so he still had Haley's hand in his. 

Haley turns to him with big eyes. Her eyes see beautiful and once Kyle looked into them he can't look away. So cheeky but sweet at he same time. 

“Don't let him rule our relationship.” She pouts leaning down and kissing Kyle. Kyle pulled her closer, he loved the feeling of having a women in his arms again and what made it so much better was that he loved the women that was in his arms. 

Caleb rolls his eyes as Kyle and Haley continue to kiss. 

“Oi young love.” He laughs.

Kyle and Haley slowly pull apart, not exactly wanting to but also not wanting Caleb to feel uncomfortable. 

“Anyway, you're allowed to leave mate, you're all good now.” Caleb grins. 

Kyle starts to push himself out of bed and starts to get changed, very slowly because his body was hurting all over. 

“You seen any of Jakes gang around?” Kyle asks as he pulled his shirt over his head, he knew that Jake would be back for him a lot harder this time as well. 

“Na, they've been laying low.” Caleb sighs, he was so annoyed that him and Kyle's brothers couldn't find these boys, they had to protect Kyle. Jake and his gang never took it easy on Kyle, they would beat him up to the point when Kyle had to beg it to stop. 

“It's okay Kyky.” Haley smiles kissing his neck softly. He turns around and wraps his arms around her waist. These two couldn't stop kissing each other they just loved each other too much. It was sickeningly cute. 

“I love you.” Kyle whispers in Haleys ear. “I'll be around as long as I can I promise no more attempts of suicide, I can't do that to you.” Kyle smiles lightly. 

Haley looks up into Kyle's big brown eyes. She knew that he meant it, she could see the love in his eyes. She launches herself into Kyle's arms. 

“Alright, I love you both but I'm going to puke if I see you two kiss anymore.” Caleb smirks pulling them apart and throwing an arm around both Kyle and Haley. 

“Sorry Cal.” Kyle shrugs and smirks at Haley. Haley winks back at him and they give each other a cheeky smile  

“Nooooooo flirting.” Caleb laughs as they walk out of the room and to the front desk to discharge Kyle. 

“Kyle you are looking much better.” Nate smiles as he sees his friend, he looks much better and now he's smiling. 

“Yea, I'll see ya later Nate.” Kyle smiles as he starts to walk out of the hospital. Nate calls him back before he can get to far. 

“Kyle here this is for you.” Nate sighs handing Kyle a pottle of pills. 

Kyle looks up confused. 

"To make sure the cut doesn't get infected.” Nate explains. 

“Ohh cheers Nate.” Kyle grins and makes his way to the elevator, playfully pushing and being pushed by Caleb on the way. 

Nate smiled to himself as long as he had known the Braxton's they have all had mates, except for Kyle he always seemed like the quiet one.

Caleb, Haley and Kyle drove down to the beach so that Caleb could go for a surf, Haley and Kyle sat on the beach holding hands and laughing lightly as Caleb time and time again feel off. 

“Hey Baby.” Jake sneers coming up behind Kyle and Haley with Phoebe, Carter, Clark, Issac and Billy. It was the first time that Haley had seen them and she was shocked to see just how much bigger they had gotten. 

“Just leave me alone Jake.” Kyle sighs running Haley's hand with his thumb. He had just got discharged from hospital he didn't want to have to deal with them. 

“Awwwwww look Kylie's found himself another girl, looks like she wears the pants in the relationship too.” Phoebe laughs. 

Kyle looked at his feet not uttering a word, how could he stand up to his old love. The one person who was best at wrapping him around their little finger. 

“Buzz off Ice Queen.” Haley glares at Phoebe saving her boyfriend , she had always hated her and he hatred only grew after what she did to Kyle. 

"What you say?” Jake glares down at them. Kyle and Haley were both feeling intimidated they were gravely outnumbered and they were all standing up. 

“Oi leave them alone!” Caleb yells coming out of the water to protect his sister and best mate. 

“Ohhh the fags back.” Issac laughs glaring at Caleb hard he was the biggest homophobe. 

“Yea the gangs back the fag, the nerd and the bird.” Jake grins, that kicks Kyle off he jumps up and grabs Jake by the shirt. 

“Never talk about her like that, you hear me!” Kyle yells feeling all the anger inside of him come out. Jake shoves Kyle into Billy where Issac gives him a punch in the gut. 

“I'll talk however I want, because I'm big and well you're not.” Jake laughs slapping Kyle's face mockingly. 

“Just leave us alone, we are always together so you can't hurt Kyle.” Caleb hisses glaring at them all, seriously they were all grown ups did they really have to treat Kyle the way they did. 

“Ohhh faggy the last time you said that, Kylie here had the worst week ever.” Clark smirks. 

Flashback

15 year old Caleb was walking with his 13 year old sister Haley and 14 year old best mate Kyle home from school. When they heard a voice behind them. 

“Oi baby Bennett, you missed you lesson today.” He yells. 

They all turn around slowly. They all knew who it was, it was never anyone else. Jakes lessons were brutal and Kyle avoided them if he could.

“Please Jake.” Kyle begs he couldn't be bothered today. 

“Yea back off, as long as all three of us are here you can't hurt him.” Caleb hisses. 

“Okay, I understand.” Jake smirks. Walking away and Kyle knew that he gave up way too easy.

The next day  Kyle sat in the bus that was taking him to his year 11 and 12 field trip. He didn't have any friends on the trip at all, just him and the rest of year 11 and 12 which included his bullies. As he bullies got in the bus he sunk low in his seat, but it didn't work they spotted him from a mile away. 

“Hey Kylie is this seat taken.” Jake glares. Kyle opened his mouth to reply when he was interrupted. 

“Ohhh that's right everyone thinks you're a loser.” Jake laughs punching Kyle hard in the arm. 

“Shove over.” He hisses, Kyle moves to the seat next to the window and Jake sits next to him. Carter and Issac are in the two seats behind and Clark and Billy are in the two seats in front. Kyle looks down at his hands only for him to get a whack on the head. 

“Oi loser we need a sixth person in our tent so lucky you.” Issac laughs as he flicks Kyle's ear. 

Kyle looked at Issac for a quick moment and then looked down again. 

“No thanks.” He mumbles. 

“We’re not offering we are telling.” Jake hisses. 

Kyle stares at his hand finding it hard not to cry. 

“Ohhh poor Kylie Dannielle Bennett is going to cry.” Carter laughs. 

“Just leave me alone.” Kyle begs when a tear eventually falls from his eye. 

“Ahhh Jake so Kyle's in your tent this week right?” Mrs Lyon asks. 

“Yep, he can sleep in the mattress next to mine, I’ll look out for him mum.” Jake smiles. 

“Aww you're such a good boy.” Mrs Lyon smiles. But as she walks away Jake punches Kyle again. 

“So one week of hanging out with us, this is gonna be fun.” Jake smirks slapping Kyle on the head. 

Kyle lowered himself into his seat, this week was going to suck. 

The bus finally arrived at the campsite and the kids finally set up the tents. Kyle and his bullies set up their tent quickly and were allowed to relax for a bit. 

“That's your bed.” Clark laughs shoving Kyle down onto a mattress. Kyle pushed himself up. 

“Please just this week can you leave me alone.” Kyle begs. He really wanted to have a nice field trip, without bullying problems. 

“Pffft you're dreaming if you actually thought that was going to happen.” Jake smiles as he punches Kyle hard in the stomach again and they all hold him down. 

“Now what should we start with.” Jake smiles evilly.

End of Flashback 

“You remember that princess.” Billy chuckles. 

“I remember you throwing up on Suzie Munro after you are too many marshmallows.” Kyle smirks only to receive a kick in the stomach. 

“You've really got to watch that mouth of yours.” Issac hisses.

"Just leave him." Haley begs, these guys had given Kyle enough grief through high school it really had to stop. Kyle was holding his stomach in agony and all she wanted to do was pull him in a big hug. 

“Well we were thinking of taking Kyle for a wee dip.” Phoebe laughs. 

Haley and Caleb stand in front of Kyle blocking him off. 

“Not happening.” Haley hisses. 

"Oh yea, and whose going to stop us.” Carter hisses. 

“We are.” Haley hisses. 

Kyle stands up and walks up to Jake.

“I'm not a kid anymore Jake.” He hisses, only to be grabbed and shoved into Issac. Who grip his arms hard. 

“Not today, we won't embarrass you in front of your girlfriends.” He laughs shoving Kyle away, Haley runs up to him and he kisses her on the cheek.

“I'll be okay.” He smiles lightly. He knew that he wouldn't but he couldn't tell her that. 

Archived