Robbie/Tasha

Guest Liz

It didn't really "show their commitment to each". All they did was stand there and say "I love you so much forever and forever and ever etc" and they have done that a million times already.

This was no different. It was clearly just the hormones talking. They had already decided to sleep together, and did the ceremony bit to "justify" it.

They did not sign legally binding contracts, as one does in a real marriage. They also did not have any friends or family present. The whole thing was just plain daftness. If they wanted to sleep together, move in together, fine, fair enough, they are legally old enough to do all of that. The "ceremony" meant absolutely nothing. It was just plain daftness. I remember doing something similar at the age of 6 (of course, the "after party" was a bit different... :lol: )

What makes what they did then difefrent to what they have always done?? The fact that they then go home and expect everyone to treat them as a married couple is beyond ridiculous . I imagine if someone you knew did that....you would just laugh at them ( and rightly so). The whole thing was just pointless nonsense. If they had really wanted to get married, they should have done just that. Conducting some childish fake wedding just highlights their immaturity.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the fake wedding was a bit pointless, it's not like they are really married, they already knew they loved eachother and were committed to eachother, so why bother having a fake wedding?

They only did it so they could sleep together without feeling bad about it, they agreed ages ago that they would wait until they were married, but they were both totally gagging for it and couldn't wait any longer!

They said they wanted to do it traditionally, so they had a fake wedding. What's so traditional about having a fake wedding? It was a bit silly really, it's sweet that they feel so committed to eachother, but the ceremony thing was totally pointless.

Someone mentioned that there have been a lot of young weddings lately, using Noah and Hayley as an example. Hayley was 21 when she got married and I think Noah was a year or 2 older, so they weren't exactly teenagers like Robbie and Tasha, neither were Gypsy and Will, if I remember correctly.

True, Hayley and Noah weren't teenagers, but they were still very young. I'm nearly 20 and I can't imagine getting married for a long time yet. At 21 you are still growing up. Not that I didn't approve of HN getting married, I thought it was lovely, but I just think there have been enough young people getting married on the show. Gypsy and Will were about the same age as HN I think.

Tasha and Robbie never said they were going to wait until marriage, they just wanted to wait until they were ready and not feel like they had to have sex because it was expected of them. I do think the ceremony showed their commitment to each other but in another way it was just to justify them sleeping together. Then again, if they're going to do it I'd rather it was done this way, as at least it shows that they love each other and have really thought about their decision.

True, Hayley and Noah weren't teenagers, but they were still very young. I'm nearly 20 and I can't imagine getting married for a long time yet. At 21 you are still growing up.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It's not the same for everyone, I'm 23 this week and have been engaged for 4 years. My parents got married when my mam was 21, she had me when she was 22. It's not that young, it's just that more people nowadays wait until they are older to get married, probably partly because of the change in society, women can look after themselves now, we have rights. We don't need men to look after us and bring the money home, we don't all just get married and have kids and spend our entire lives cooking and cleaning and looking after our families. Kids spend far more time in education nowadays too, when my parents were young, most kids left school at 16 and got a job, whereas now most kids go to college or sixth form until they are 18 then a lot of them go to uni after that. In the old days (like when my grandparents were young) kids left school at 14 and were pretty much classed as adults after that, they went out and got jobs and earned their keep until they were old enough to move out on their own and get married, so in a way they grew up a lot quicker than kids now, who spend more time depending on their parents.

Wow, how off-topic was that!?! :lol:

Back to H&A! :unsure:

Archived