Lucas has eyes on Hollywood

Guest Andy

Lucas has eyes on Hollywood

Sunday Telegraph

20 November 2005

HOME And Away star Isabel Lucas has hinted that she may leave Summer Bay to follow her dream of a film career in Hollywood.

"I try not to plan too much but I would like to go to America," said the actress, who plays Tasha Andrews on the teen soap opera.

Lucas has become one of the biggest stars of the show since an acting agent "discovered" her in a Cairns market in 2002.

She joined Home And Away a year later, after her (initially mute) character washed up on the beach in Summer Bay.

The blonde starlet reveals in In Style's December edition, out tomorrow, that she has also started acting classes.

"It's really important -- especially being on a show like Home And Away where you can fall into patterns -- to keep your creative juices flowing," she said.

Lucas, 20, also said she wants to travel.

"All I want to do when I finish the show is go backpacking around Nepal and Tibet," she said.

How ironic that she is starting acting classes AFTER being on the show for how many years lol :lol: , what does that say?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My thoughts exactly! Wouldn't it have helped if she'd had them when she started, seeing as they didn't even let her say anything cos she couldn't act?! I don't see her doing well in films...she may seem like this stunningly beautiful girl on a show like H&A, but in Hollywood girls like her are ten a penny. Looks can get you a part in a soap, but they can't make you an Oscar winner. I think she'd be a great model though.

"It's really important -- especially being on a show like Home And Away where you can fall into patterns -- to keep your creative juices flowing," she said.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

She does have a point. She has always played Tasha the same.. same mannerisms etc. Which has been great for continuity's sake but not so good for her "creative juices" as she puts it.

I don't know how they get from "I don't like to plan but I want to visit America" to "She has dreams of making movies in Hollywood." LOL.

Archived